United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 23-02-2021, 10:34 AM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury View Post
Give or take Jimmy White.
I mean colour as in the balls on a snooker table commonly referred to as a colour.

Stop being so perdantic.

Unread 23-02-2021, 10:58 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes? View Post
I mean colour as in the balls on a snooker table commonly referred to as a colour.

Stop being so perdantic.
David Gray

Unread 23-02-2021, 11:18 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes? View Post

Stop being so perdantic.
Wondered if youd bite or accept.

He changed his name by deed poll in 2004 to James Brown as part of a HP Sauce sponsorship deal and won a couple of comps after that.

Unread 23-02-2021, 11:29 AM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury View Post
Wondered if youd bite or accept.

He changed his name by deed poll in 2004 to James Brown as part of a HP Sauce sponsorship deal and won a couple of comps after that.
Well done.

Unread 23-02-2021, 07:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
I say this as a massive snooker fan - let us know if he does it in the world championship, uk championship or masters. Good for Jordan and everything, but its only the Welsh open.
Sure, he hasn't suddenly become one of the world's best players - probably not, anyway. But its still a fantastic achievement.

Unread 23-02-2021, 07:51 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by beersexchipsgravy View Post
How can anyone go from being absolute dogshit for years to be on the verge of beating the greatest player that's ever picked up a cue in the final of a respected tournament?
The late Doug Mountjoy was on the wane in the mid to late 80s before going to Frank Callan for coaching. He'd fallen out of the top 16 and was in his mid 40s but went on to shock everyone when he won the 1988 UK Champs, not least of all his final opponent Stephen Hendry, who was just about taking over from Steve Davis as the game's number one.

It took Stuart Bingham about 15 years as a pro to win a ranking title then started racking them up fairly regularly.

I suppose it's like golfers when they change coaches but with snooker half an inch can make a massive difference. If you've not got a coach, then I'd imagine that it's very easy to fall into bad habits.

Unread 23-02-2021, 10:13 PM
beersexchipsgravy

Anyone watching the players championship? Ronnie just lobbed the rest