United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 21-02-2021, 01:54 AM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
Its simple. Accelerate with RT, have a bit of a fly about, line the red dots up in front of you on the radar, pull on the LT to slow down and launch your rockets when your crosshair locks onto the enemy, rinse and repeat. Brainless fun
I'm a boring git. Falcon BMS.

Get that laser pointing and pop tanks with GBU 12s and Mavericks.

Unread 21-02-2021, 02:06 AM
tatty

Quote:
Its simple. Accelerate with RT, have a bit of a fly about, line the red dots up in front of you on the radar, pull on the LT to slow down and launch your rockets when your crosshair locks onto the enemy, rinse and repeat. Brainless fun

Eh up, the Red Baron's in.

Unread 21-02-2021, 02:22 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
i remember about 20 yrs ago, I got a free CD with a computer mag. It had a game demo in it. I can't remember the name of the game, but it was a WW1 flight sim.
It had network capability. Me & a friend had our phones with the local cable company - free calls. So we'd spend f***ing hours fighting each other.
It was proper good - dive too steeply & you'd rip the f***ing wings off.

The only downside to the game was that if you won the dogfight but sustained damage, you'd carry that damage into the next fight. You'd only get a reset if you lost & crashed.

Unread 21-02-2021, 10:49 AM
Whip Hubley

Decided to give RDR2 another bash after giving up on about 20% when it came out

Brilliant. Fully immersed now and it was only due to my gaming ADHD that I gave it up in the first place. Looks phenomenal. Sometimes the controls grate but otherwise it's outstanding. Nice game to take your time with.

Unread 21-02-2021, 01:13 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:

Unread Yesterday, 10:36 AM
tatty

Quote:
Ace Combat 7. What a rush, a flight sim without the sim bullshit. Just accelerate and shoot missiles all over the place blowing the f*** out of everything that moves. I love the sensation of speed when you are flying 1200mph a few meters above ground and unload rockets into tankers and trucks, pull up and blow the shite out of an enemy fighter in the air with smoke, debris and flames pissing down all over the place afterwards. Absolute brainless carnage. It looks soooo good too. Am playing it on pc but might look at getting the PS4 version, there are VR missions in it which would be mind-blowing.

Am really getting the urge to put on some aviators, take my top of and oil myself up for a game of volleyball

Gave it a couple of hours last night and it grew on me.

Going to put my flying suit on.

Unread Yesterday, 11:05 AM
Why Don?

Quote:
Gave it a couple of hours last night and it grew on me.

Going to put my flying suit on.
Not sure where they put 50 amraams on an F22 or find a supersonic A10 but it certainly looks nice,

Unread Yesterday, 06:59 PM
wiganste

Iíve completely given up with gaming. Havenít bothered with it for a while now. Must be growing up which is f***ing scary

Unread Yesterday, 07:08 PM
Poop

Happens to us all. I stopped playing games in the early 00's despite being a fanatic for about 20 years beforehand.

During that period I bought a ps2, 3 & 4, xbox, 360, Gamecube, Wii & Wii U, gba, ds, 3ds, psp, psvita and tons of games for them all. And I reckon not one of those games got played more than a couple of times, if at all. And then I suddenly got back into games in 2017 when I bought a Switch.

Strange. I have a backlog I'll never get through.

Unread Today, 11:46 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Iíve completely given up with gaming. Havenít bothered with it for a while now. Must be growing up which is f***ing scary
Iíve only enjoyed battle royales for ages. Sparingly, of late.

Poopís aeroplane game looks fun though.

The utter hype job that was Cyberpunk sealed the deal. Could see it coming a mile off. Games are mostly recycled garbage these days.

Some PlayStation games have looked good (last of us etc) and I bet the Nintendo switch is the most fun gaming machine.