United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Jack Duckworth

Default The Glazers

three years in, what are your thoughts on them?

i gave up my ST when they took over, but if i'm being absolutely honest, it hasn't been as bad as i thought it would be. i was thinking a leeds-style collapse would be a possibility.

obviously i still think they are parasitic bastards who have saddled my club with a needless debt, raised ticket prices etc, but we have bought well since they took over.

i'm not looking for a slanging match, but has the takeover been as bad as you thought it would be?

thoughts?

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Skag Trendy

Good set of lads.

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Spiffy

They deliberately allowed the horror stories to be started so that we'd think they weren't too bad. They are @#%&!s, fortunately we've won the league a couple of times, who knows what could happen if we dropped out of the big 4. Also, we spent big last year but we are still behind the transfer war chest they promised us when they arrived.

Not as bad as it could be, true. Still @#%&!s, absolutely.

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Why Don?

Still never to be forgiven for the timing of one of the approaches.

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
Still never to be forgiven for the timing of one of the approaches.
Before breakfast?

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Before breakfast?
No, a little more inappropriate than that.

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
No, a little more inappropriate than that.
Before breakfast with their wangers hanging out?

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Before breakfast with their wangers hanging out?
Do you genuinely not know?

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed sullivan
before breakfast with their wangers hanging out?
ffs

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Do you genuinely not know?
No, sorry

I'm trying to think of the symbolism of May 2005.

Someone's gonna make me look like a #@&%! here. I'm about to lose 500 top Red points. Which puts me on -499.

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:38 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

They are here for one reason and that is to make money, but lets be realistic here, every top flight football club owner is here for the same thing. Its a huge gravy train at the moment in english football and everyone wants a slice.

My concerns were around naming the stadium the nike arena or something equally ridiculous. The price hikes (in my opinion) would have risen regardless of who owned the club. Again you have to be realistic, do you think someone in business who knows a "customer" would pay £45 a ticket and not £30 a ticket would let that pass, would they £#%&!. The price hikes will continue throughout the country until it goes too far, which is very close.

Overall, they have left Fergie to his job which they promised, they have allowed transfer targets to be bought with ease, the obvious downsides are the huge rift it caused between fans (which in my opinion is pretty smallminded on behalf of those involved) and the ticket price hike.

Football lost its soul a long time ago and you either live with it or live without it, for me Hitler and Saddam could own the club but I would never stop following united.

Why Don?

It came precisely on the 47th anniversary of Munich.

Ether

Oh, I thought Ed was on a wum. Guess not.

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
It came precisely on the 47th anniversary of Munich.
Eh? I don't remember it being that specific day. I thought it was later than that where the deal went through.

I wasn't trying to be funny. Well I was. But didn't know this was the significance.

How come the first game with them as owners then was Southampton away, last away game of the season?

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
MUFC One Love

Ed, so it turns our you're an OOT JCL?

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Ether

Quote:
Eh? I don't remember it being that specific day. I thought it was later than that where the deal went through.

I wasn't trying to be funny. Well I was. But didn't know this was the significance.

How come the first game with them as owners then was Southampton away, last away game of the season?
He means what was I think their 3rd bid. Came in Feb 2005. Wasn't all finalised until May though

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Jack Duckworth

malcolm glazer > ed sullivan.

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Ed, so it turns our you're an OOT JCL?
Excuse me, but I was at both the following games after the takeover and was trying to make a break onto the pitch at St Marys. Quite a few got slapped that day in that park near the station. Top Red points + 200.

I didn't know it all started on Feb 6th. I confess.

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:44 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
malcolm glazer > ed sullivan.
Confirmed.

Unread 08-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Excuse me, but I was at both the following games after the takeover and was trying to make a break onto the pitch at St Marys. Quite a few got slapped that day in that park near the station. Top Red points + 200.

I didn't know it all started on Feb 6th. I confess.
Your points are going up and down like the FTSE today.........

On the pitch...Red army...Not knowing about the bid...

Another krazy day in the life of a three blocker....
Closed Thread