United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:50 AM
Denis Irwell

That’s why I thought Dalot was the way to go - I expected them to defend deep . Maybe Erik did?
Reckon there’s a lot of improvement left in both but reckon awb has a higher ceiling if he can get his head right and not go awol when we have a lw to deal with. Bit of a ball watcher, but.. a beast. The lad couldn’t stop tackling

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:56 AM
Danoli

Talk about seizing the day….what a 45 minutes!

Hopefully that 45 minutes has taken him to a new level

Unread 27-02-2023, 01:03 PM
NedKelly

What a day. My dad who barely ever drinks these days was drunk something rotten by the end of the night. Elated we didn’t let him down as he seemed genuinely disillusioned with it all this time last year. Everyone nursing sore heads today

We’re back!

Unread 27-02-2023, 01:05 PM
Spock

Rashers has been credited with the goal now apparently as well

Unread 27-02-2023, 02:39 PM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Most baffling part of the day for me was seeing Phil Jones working as a pundit for Sky.
I was a bit pished, but it took me a while to work out it was him

Unread 27-02-2023, 02:50 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Most baffling part of the day for me was seeing Phil Jones working as a pundit for Sky.
Better pundit than he is footballer (he was quite good tbf).

Should make the best paid person in the MUTV studio

Unread 27-02-2023, 02:55 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
We won without really getting out of first gear really. A well managed victory, albeit not a great performance.

Almost makes it better that we beat those idiots by doing the bare minimum
Thought the game was absolute shite for the most part tbh. Really low on quality apart from a few moments for us. Very much felt like job done, on to Wednesday.

They're a really, really poor side considering the amount of praise they get. Absolute Aldi Ateleti...

Unread 27-02-2023, 09:23 PM
History

Just watched it all again

Oh it feels good, it's not the fact it's 'only the league cup' it's more validation of the big sexy bald bastard.

Seeing players like Casemiro and Varane celebrate it as much as their first trophy. It's crazy

People will have their own opinion of the turning point, Liverpool, City or Barca away. But there's now a milestone in the history book for Ten Hag.

What a turnaround he's done, at a club where there's 10 x more praise and 10 x more criticism.

Unread 27-02-2023, 09:34 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Better pundit than he is footballer (he was quite good tbf).

Should make the best paid person in the MUTV studio
Out now for six weeks with a vocal cord strain, apparently.

Unread 27-02-2023, 09:54 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Thought the game was absolute shite for the most part tbh. Really low on quality apart from a few moments for us. Very much felt like job done, on to Wednesday.

They're a really, really poor side considering the amount of praise they get. Absolute Aldi Ateleti...
Yeah, wasn’t the best from what I can remember, which isn’t much (but do remember seeing you on the train down).. I was on the concourse from just after our first goal until about 65 minutes, thought I’d got back up in time for the start of the second half ffs

Their fans are an embarrassment aren’t they. Glad United dominated Kilburn pre-match, hardly saw any of that lot other than a couple of small groups here and there after all the talk about them taking over.

Also how the £#%&! can I be out of OT and away onto a tram/car within 15 minutes but it takes about a £#%&!ing hour to do the same at Wembley with only around 15k more people. Shambles of a stadium/set up, reaffirms it every time I go. £#%&!.

Unread 28-02-2023, 11:48 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Sorry lads, turns out Sunday was meaningless as none of us were emotionally invested enough:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2023/02/i-o...castle-united/

Unread 28-02-2023, 11:54 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Sorry lads, turns out Sunday was meaningless as none of us were emotionally invested enough:

Manchester United fans in their moment of triumph on Sunday, were focused on singing about a football player, the greatest the Premier League has ever seen in this modern era, who chose his hometown club 27 years ago, rather than a regular trophy winning one that he had zero natural links to.

Because they were singing that he turned us down and at full time it was the usual we'll never die etc...

They really are a special breed of self righteous #@&%!heads. He's basically saying because they've won £#%&! all for 60 years all their fans are the bestest in the land....? Brilliant.

Unread 28-02-2023, 11:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
. wasn’t born somewhere horrendous like Coventry, Birmingham, or any number of other places, where for so many people civic pride just isn’t a thing.

Is this a joke piece ?

Coventry and Birmingham fans LOVE it ...

I'm so glad they are fuming still....

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:00 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Rashers has been credited with the goal now apparently as well
even that’s boiling piss, it’s fantastic to see.

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:53 PM
no fun

Squires

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-cup-newcastle

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:59 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

Unread 28-02-2023, 01:01 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai

https://youtu.be/8Wi7SYKDvY4
I'm gutted tbf, although I gave up when he said how proud he was of being born in Tyneside. You're welcome pal.

I wonder if this supporter of the country's most salt of the earth team took time out of his unbalanced rant to mentioned the Saudi money?

Unread 28-02-2023, 01:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

File along side "coldwarSteve" and "Alternative MUFC commentary"

Absolutely shite ..

Unread 28-02-2023, 01:26 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
File along side "coldwarSteve" and "Alternative MUFC commentary"

Absolutely shite ..