United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:42 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Anyone else find themselves really pleased for Maguire?

No? Just me
Pleased he had some minutes, albeit a tad nervous, but felt a bit awkward for him as he was making his way up to get the trophy. I don't think he wanted to be the first man up.

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:43 AM
Pop

Quote:
Nope.

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:44 AM
Coracao

We won without really getting out of first gear really. A well managed victory, albeit not a great performance.

Almost makes it better that we beat those idiots by doing the bare minimum

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:45 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

No? Just me
Yes - it enables him to draw a positive line under his time at Utd

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:59 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Nope.

It was a nice touch from Erik. Give "Mags" his moment while also making it awkward and embarrassing for the lad.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:03 AM
wiganste

Great day out - I thought we controlled the game without breaking sweat which is good because of our schedule.
Absolutely brilliant to see us lifting trophies again - obvs it's only the league cup but it's the start. The players, particularly the new ones, seemed to enjoy it so you can't say it's not important

Also, the Newcastle fans are the biggest set of @#%&!s I've ever come across. At least 4 times when I got back to St Pancras they were trying to start a fight with me and my lads.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:16 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Also, the Newcastle fans are the biggest set of @#%&!s I've ever come across. At least 4 times when I got back to St Pancras they were trying to start a fight with me and my lads.
That’s £#%&!ing appalling

I could understand them wanting a bit of lumber with some daft pissed up nutcase who was probably laughing his %@#$&!s off at them and singing songs about keegan, shearer, gazza, ant n dec, Jimmy nail and Rauol Moat all being @#%&!s, but you’re such a shy retiring type

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Great day out - I thought we controlled the game without breaking sweat which is good because of our schedule.
Absolutely brilliant to see us lifting trophies again - obvs it's only the league cup but it's the start. The players, particularly the new ones, seemed to enjoy it so you can't say it's not important

Saeed? 👀👀

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Nope.

Fair enough

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:26 AM
Jethro

Game changing sub nqat.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:27 AM
Dr Stranger

I’m stunned he’s made a player out of him. The turnaround of Rashford has been the most stark, but he’s always had the talent. We’re seeing a side to AWB that I simply didn’t think he had. He’s first choice now IMO. Excellent second half yesterday.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:27 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Saeed? 👀👀
Waddled off the custard tits bastard.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:28 AM
Drexl

Quote:
It was like that when I lived up there

"If you're mackem then you'll stand and fight"

Or the mackems: "If you're geordie you'll stand and fight"

every ten minutes down Bigg Market

the biffa bacon bastards

(to be fair, they'd usually go in peace if you said you weren't)

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
I’m stunned he’s made a player out of him. The turnaround of Rashford has been the most stark, but he’s always had the talent. We’re seeing a side to AWB that I simply didn’t think he had. He’s first choice now IMO. Excellent second half yesterday.
The complete obliteration from memory of AWB’s first season at the club is really odd. He was our best defender a lot of the time in that period. He followed it up with a startlingly bad time, but he’s always had ability, despite what some seem determined to say.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:29 AM
magic_cantona

I actually feel sorry for Maguire at this point. No United fan wants him starting or staying. For his part, it's not his fault we had morons in place to pay 80m for him. Him lifting the trophy was like a raffle winner getting to do it. Sooner he's gone, the better - for him more than most.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:30 AM
windy waffles

Most baffling part of the day for me was seeing Phil Jones working as a pundit for Sky.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:31 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Most baffling part of the day for me was seeing Phil Jones working as a pundit for Sky.
After seeing that, I'm now referring to him as "ill' Jones.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:33 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I only saw him for about 20 seconds, but he just chain-linked cliches

boy done good, game of two halves, at the end of the day, gave 110%

*klick*

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:38 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Tactics suited him. He was brilliant yesterday and we were playing counter attacking football.

I think ETH has improved AWB a lot. More than I thought he could ever be. However his attacking weaknesses will show when he is against a team that defends deep and we need him to attack.

Who knows, maybe ETH will improve that too after a year at the club. I like him. Prefer him to dalot. I think if one has to go and we sign a new rb and keep other as back up I’d like to keep AWB and rid of dalot.