United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-02-2023, 07:50 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
So refereshing to see a manager saying it as it is and refusing to accept mediocrity while smiling stupidly and talking about United DNA.
ETH couldn’t be more different to ole or any of our other managers over the last 10 years tbh. I’m in danger of preferring him to ferie.

Unread 19-02-2023, 07:54 PM
NedKelly

I’m just glad those early Leicester chances were straight at De Gea.

Unread 19-02-2023, 08:08 PM
MagnificentSeven

is rashford, dare i say it, world class on current form?

Unread 19-02-2023, 08:10 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
I’d go so far as saying he’s the black Pele

Unread 19-02-2023, 08:12 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Up there with the very best, if not top of the pile since the WC in terms of consistency and goals. NQAT.

Unread 19-02-2023, 08:14 PM
dunk

Pretty sure there were a couple on here saying he was shit again during Palace away

Unread 19-02-2023, 08:15 PM
Dr Stranger

We really stepped up today.

Erik really seems to have them dialled in to each game at a time. Barring a shite half against Leeds at home, we’ve been bang at it; despite injuries, suspension and a ridiculously demanding schedule.

Unread 19-02-2023, 08:15 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
On current form yes but he needs to keep it up. The very best don't drop off after a hot couple of months. I don't think it's just one of those hot streaks when everything goes in. It looks more like him fulfilling his potential under proper coaching, but the next few months are huge for the club so he needs to keep going.

Unread 19-02-2023, 08:22 PM
marlo

I’ve been getting directs and indirects as I’ve been on rashford back for almost 4/5 years now

He is finally blossoming and I’m happy about it.

but my guys as we celebrate , shall we take a time out and go visit the thread on your magnificent bastard and how we need him and will struggle to score goals without him or should he just enjoy the fact our team are really showing proper signs of progress!

Unread 19-02-2023, 08:23 PM
madhattricks

Quote:
Did this the other day. Top 5 goal scorers. Haaland, Benzema, Kane, Lewy have to be there. Then the 5th spot is a fight between Rashford, Toney, Nkunku, maybe someone like Mbappe or Messi but Ligue 1 is just so weak overall. But based on this continued run. Rashford has to be cementing his spot over any other top 5 challenger.

Unread 19-02-2023, 08:25 PM
redhegemony

Bit sloppy at times in first half DDG was superb. So focused in second half everyone played well - real team performance.

Sancho at 10 is excellent.

Unread 19-02-2023, 08:39 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
So refereshing to see a manager saying it as it is and refusing to accept mediocrity while smiling stupidly and talking about United DNA.
It's nice having somebody who's actually in charge.

As Keano has said you need some separation between players and management.

Ten Hag seems to have a genuine rapport with the players, but it's still clear that there are boundaries and that he isn't there 'mate'.

Unread 19-02-2023, 09:10 PM
dunk

Lost in the general satisfaction of the second half, but Kobie Mainoo got a chance this lad. Didn’t look overawed, the block on Maddison was excellent. He’s a big, strong lad and good on the ball, likes to get forward and can defend. Hope he gets a few more minutes.

Unread 19-02-2023, 09:15 PM
Danoli

He’s very calm on the ball, he has real quality.

He’s only 17, he’s hugely exciting….got Casemiro to teach him as well

Unread 19-02-2023, 09:16 PM
RedMenace

He had some lovely touches. He glides around the pitch when he gets a bit of space. Looks like a great prospect. ETH isn't a sentimental sort he'll have put him on as a reward for training well.

Unread 19-02-2023, 09:20 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We really stepped up today.

Erik really seems to have them dialled in to each game at a time. Barring a shite half against Leeds at home, we’ve been bang at it; despite injuries, suspension and a ridiculously demanding schedule.
Yep. A fixture that on paper should have been a bump in the road. There seems to be a genuine belief running through the squad.

Unread 19-02-2023, 09:24 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Lindelof has been solid
Would have been my man of the match after Rashers. Fred had his usual catalogue of miss placed passes and being caught in posession but he made a great pass for the 2nd goal. If only he could watch what Casemiro does!

Sancho great as a number 10, lovely touches around the box.

It could have finished 8-4

Unread 19-02-2023, 10:04 PM
wiganste

I'll read the thread soon but I thought that 2nd half was exceptional. Some of the football we played was glorious. Bruno clear man of the match.

Some of the goals we are scoring..... £#%&! me

Unread 19-02-2023, 11:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Across all comps, we’ve won more games than any team across Europe’s top leagues

Unread 19-02-2023, 11:20 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'll read the thread soon but I thought that 2nd half was exceptional. Some of the football we played was glorious. Bruno clear man of the match.

Some of the goals we are scoring..... £#%&! me

Turns out Bruno just needs players round him who are prepared to move, run and take a gamble. Our style of play under ETH is perfectly suited to him.