United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-01-2023, 10:56 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Did you not see Ince’s eye?
One eye on defence the other on attack

Unread 28-01-2023, 10:57 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
I thought it ended 3 - 1
Whoosh

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Good performance
Played so great stuff tonight

Antony’s best overall game

Casemiro is just brilliant isn’t he

Finally after 10 years we’re a proper top side again
‘Only Reading’ and all that, but it was only Forest on Wednesday too. Only Bournemouth etc etc. We’re starting to play a brand of football that most teams can’t handle. There’s confidence and patience building when it’s not quite happening for us too.

32 matches this season, 22 wins. Impressive stuff 😎

We didn’t panic at any point and you always felt it was a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Whoosh
Probably got me on ignore tbf

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:01 PM
puressence

How did Keane just say. Reading played well first half. His bitterness is beyond parody. And as good as he was. Casemiro is levels above him levels.

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
‘Only Reading’ and all that, but it was only Forest on Wednesday too. Only Bournemouth etc etc. We’re starting to play a brand of football that most teams can’t handle. There’s confidence and patience building when it’s not quite happening for us too.

32 matches this season, 22 wins. Impressive stuff 😎

We didn’t panic at any point and you always felt it was a matter of time.
I love ten hag. You can see patterns of play.

Inside right forward. Or the inverted full backs. Or the lw out wide. The overlap. The keeping of one player on the opposite wing out wide.

Even Bruno comes deep Eriksen goes forward. Weghourst holding up or coming deep.

You can tell these are things they work on training and aim to Implement into the tactics of the team.

Best way to say it, a lot of goals under ole were individual brilliance. A lot of goals under ETH are team goals.

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I love ten hag. You can see patterns of play.

Inside right forward. Or the inverted full backs. Or the lw out wide. The overlap. The keeping of one player on the opposite wing out wide.

Even Bruno comes deep Eriksen goes forward. Weghourst holding up or coming deep.

You can tell these are things they work on training and aim to Implement into the tactics of the team.

Best way to say it, a lot of goals under ole were individual brilliance. A lot of goals under ETH are team goals.
Very well said mate.

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:04 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
How did Keane just say. Reading played well first half. His bitterness is beyond parody. And as good as he was. Casemiro is levels above him levels.
Casemiro is a silkier player but that’s nonsense imo. Keane was a phenomenal centre mid too.

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:07 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Haven’t watched the post-match stuff but if that’s all he said I’m not sure what the problem is tbh. Reading did have a good first half, they kept it 0-0 and even got a half decent chance to go 1 up at HT. Obviously we were the better side but he’s hardly said anything outlandish there.

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:08 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
I think he meant in the sense they executed what they wanted to do. If you achieve your goals you’ve “done well” . They did keep us out in the first half. May have been a shit house way of doing it by playing with 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders but that’s their prerogative

That being said at HT I did think he’s starting to try to put it on and be “Keane.” With his high voice and saying something along the lines of “ you play for Man Utd ! Got to do better!”

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Haven’t watched the post-match stuff but if that’s all he said I’m not sure what the problem is tbh. Reading did have a good first half, they kept it 0-0 and even got a half decent chance to go 1 up at HT. Obviously we were the better side but he’s hardly said anything outlandish there.
var kept it 0-0.

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:11 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Has someone attempted to pop Erik’s bald bonce with a pitchfork?

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
var kept it 0-0.
I still think it should have stood.

Weghourst was nowhere near the defender. Then the defender slices it and he’s onside then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Has someone attempted to pop Erik’s bald bonce with a pitchfork?
Nothing to worry about. Just being a top red

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I still think it should have stood.

Weghourst was nowhere near the defender. Then the defender slices it and he’s onside then

Nothing to worry about. Just being a top red
Yeah I don’t really get that one.

Ball intended for Bruno. Doesn’t go near Weghorst (offside).
Defender plays it (onside)

Don’t get it. Silly.

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Yeah I don’t really get that one.

Ball intended for Bruno. Doesn’t go near Weghorst (offside).
Defender plays it (onside)

Don’t get it. Silly.
Unless they’ve changed the rule recently? I could understand if weghourst was running towards the CB, you can argue he made the defender slice it but he wasn’t near the defender

Ince really is thick as pig shit. Claiming Carroll shouldn’t have been sent off

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:20 PM
ZiggyStardust

That ITV interview with ETH was proper weird

While we’re talking about the match here’s a video of a 12 year old you talking with Cruyff on a Dutch kids show

ETH handled the oddness like a pro

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:22 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

brain damaged

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:23 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Are you pissed 🤣

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:23 PM
TheNew

Cas is like a right footed Robbo. Absolutely love watching him play.

Solid performance.

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:34 PM
tatty

Good performance given the changes.

And has Ince always had an eye that drifted, I don't remember him having a lazy one when he was playing.

Unread 28-01-2023, 11:35 PM
dunk

Andy Carroll is an absolute £#%&!ing @#%&!. He was hellbent on hitting someone from the off, could’ve been booked after about 2 minutes for elbowing Lindelof and then booting him in the air, and he just carried on from there. Nobbled Eriksen and wasn’t even £#%&!ing booked, and that was his 3rd or 4th bad tackle, then the tackle on Casemiro

Absolute @#%&!:

They’d have been better off starting with Long, they were miles better when Carroll got £#%&!ed off.