United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:07 PM
Pop

Keane backing Ronaldo. Ferdinand too.

Hmmm.

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:08 PM
Baron

Keane talking complete shite about Ronaldo, admitted he’s seeing it from the players POV but still, not like him to bottle saying it as it really is. Even talking down the mid-week performance

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Not a chance Keane says that about anyone other than him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Keane talking complete shite about Ronaldo, admitted he’s seeing it from the players POV but still, not like him to bottle saying it as it really is. Even talking down the mid-week performance
And suggesting it was because he walked off. It was because he refused to come on. Amazing top pros defending so unprofessional.

Should ask him and Rio what Fergie would have done if they refused to come on.

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:11 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
For the past 3 years he’s spouting about (rightly so) the attitude of the players in the team, their drive , their application to the game. I’m sure he said something when ole got the job that the players downed tools with Jose and they’ll do it again . All of a sudden when the manager is publically undermined and the player refuses to come on it’s “I see it from his point of view”

I suppose he has to go with that seeing as he walked out on the club himself

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
He’s seeing it through the prism of how Fergie forced him out of Utd and he’s seeing parallels with what’s happening to Ronaldo now

Too many in the media stuck up Ronaldo’s arse trying to excuse the inexcusable
This is why he has to leave in Jan

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Even talking down the mid-week performance
to be fair, it is hard to tell how much spurs contributed to us looking good. let's hope chelsea are just as shit.

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:15 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He’s seeing it through the prism of how Fergie forced him out of Utd and he’s seeing parallels with what’s happening to Ronaldo now

Great player and captain. Absolute shit pundit at times. Tbh which pundit isn’t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Loves a good touch like hug does Ronnie. Can’t be saying anything bad when he comes over and hugs you live on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
to be fair, it is hard to tell how much spurs contributed to us looking good. let's hope chelsea are just as shit.
I don’t think it was a case of spurs misplacing 5-10 yard passes regularly. The press was brilliant and they didn’t have time to make the pass or right ball . From min 1. It was a great team performance

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:15 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
For the past 3 years he’s spouting about (rightly so) the attitude of the players in the team, their drive , their application to the game. I’m sure he said something when ole got the job that the players downed tools with Jose and they’ll do it again . All of a sudden when the manager is publically undermined and the player refuses to come on it’s “I see it from his point of view”

If you’re going to keep making points about it, it would probably be worth your whole reading a few books about us and get up to speed.

Rashford and Sancho got to do something today. We’ll not get away with 20 odd chances against these without making them count.

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:17 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
If you’re going to keep making points about it, it would probably be worth your whole reading a few books about us and get up to speed.

Rashford and Sancho got to do something today. We’ll not get away with 20 odd chances against these without making them count.
Hopefully the front 4 have the pace on their defence. Eriksen unlocking from a deeper position.

Haven’t seen any of aubameyang so have no idea if he’s still doing well. Hopefully the butcher would see to that

There are parallels? Publically undermining your teammates in his interview. By all means say it behind closed doors. Not kick off with the manager.

My mistake he walked out on the national team not United, but moments of him public ally undermining the manager and his teams were present

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

This is my issue with it. Constant (correct) references to dropping standards. The manager tries to bring them back and suddenly he’s being treated unfairly.

It’s nonsense. They know it too. It’s all just noise. I don’t think it matters at all to the players or ETH.

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:21 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Keane backing Ronaldo. Ferdinand too.

Hmmm.
Good lads. Don't agree. Bet they don't behind closed doors either. In public though?.. Good teammates.

NedKelly

Some of you lads better hope you don’t bump into Keane down a dark alley. Would end badly for you all. He was Ronnie’s captain, and fiercely protective of his players. That’s all this is. Don’t badmouth him or I’ll have to get the boys involved.

jem

Quote:
I don’t think it was a case of spurs misplacing 5-10 yard passes regularly. The press was brilliant and they didn’t have time to make the pass or right ball . From min 1. It was a great team performance
yes, but... it's still hard to tell if a better team gets through our press or presses us better. we were dominant for pretty much the entire game. if we can't do that consistently, it was spurs. we're not really playing that differently to the brentford and city games. I can't believe the trick til I've seen it repeated.

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:22 PM
Bunker Buster

It's his mate FFS and he did say he was in the wrong....

Move on, Sheesh....

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Some of you lads better hope you don’t bump into Keane down a dark alley. Would end badly for you all. He was Ronnie’s captain, and fiercely protective of his players. That’s all this is. Don’t badmouth him or I’ll have to get the boys involved.
If the ally is dark, I’m sure he’d understand. Almost seems inevitable there will be accidents and it’s more an issue for the council.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's his mate FFS and he did say he was in the wrong....

Move on, Sheesh....
Yeah, it happened more than five minutes ago now ffs

NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
If the ally is dark
Reported

puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Probably get £#%&!ed over like we always do at Stamford Bridge

No biggie win lose or draw. We’ve had an absolute brutal start in terms of fixtures
They haven’t beaten us there since 2017 and not beat us in the league last 9. Obviously biggest jinx ever me 🤣🤣

History

We've not lost in 9 at Stamford Bridge....well thanks Sky

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Reported
That’s one way of moving on, I suppose.

Unread 22-10-2022, 05:25 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
If the ally is dark, I’m sure he’d understand. Almost seems inevitable there will be accidents and it’s more an issue for the council.

Yeah, it happened more than five minutes ago now ffs
Shouldn’t comment on something Keane said 10 mins ago on forum about football. Don’t be silly . Even if the topic has been the talk of the team this past week