United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Our energy levels dropped a fair bit 2nd half but as ETH said post game, this was our 4th match in 10 days so understandable really.

Great to see the desire those last few minutes to get back on terms though and we were actually pushing for a winner when the ref blew early.
I’m surprised at the reaction to us getting a point. 4 points off spurs and Chelsea. Four games in six days. In recent weeks we’ve come from behind twice. Scored a last minute winner. Scored a last minute equaliser and won against big teams. But the conversation is about how we need to score more

We were a shambles just 13 games ago where everthing appeared to be going wrong. and now the conversation has shifted to scoring more goals. That’s progress.

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:15 AM
Coracao

Lack of a decent striker is going to make top 4 difficult. We can rarely coast in a game as we can't put the ball in the net.

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:16 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I’m surprised at the reaction to us getting a point. 4 points off spurs and Chelsea. Four games in six days. In recent weeks we’ve come from behind twice. Scored a last minute winner. Scored a last minute equaliser and won against big teams. But the conversation is about how we need to score more

We were a shambles just 13 games ago where everthing appeared to be going wrong. and now the conversation has shifted to scoring more goals. That’s progress.
1 point behind Chelsea actually. Also 4 points ahead of Liverpool who have had a much easier set of fixtures so far (they're already played all 3 teams promoted from the championship).

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:20 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
1 point behind Chelsea actually. Also 4 points ahead of Liverpool who have had a much easier set of fixtures so far (they're already played all 3 teams promoted from the championship).
I meant 4 points won from the spurs and Chelsea games, but yes. Agreed.

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:22 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

I'm in the Toney camp btw. I think he'd be an excellent fit and very gettable.

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:23 AM
Coracao

Quote:

Probably not too surprising when the team at the foot of the table have scored more goals. It is a major issue to resolve.

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:28 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I could understand it more if we were shit or he was good. It’s neither. And frankly, I think that’s playing its part. He’s not stupid. He knows his powers are waning and he looks far from a player ready to admit it. To watch and know that we’re better off without him must be hard to take. I do empathise with his postion. He wanted to leave. I get why. It didn’t happen. Now he’s here and he’s not playing. For someone used to playing and playing well, it’s a hard adjustment to make. Especially with that ego. You know what you get with him and there’s an ego you’ve got to manage.

. I don’t however empathise at all with how he’s acted. It’s subordinate and disrespectful. It’s been punished and rightly so. It’s absolutely incredible to me that anyone could think otherwise, given the endless shit we’ve had to endure about the clubs lack of standards recently. I think there’s an important distinction too between walking off and refusing to come on.
Walking off ain’t great, but ultimately doesn’t make that much of a difference. Refusing to play is another matter altogether.

If Erik does nothing about that, it entirely undermines everthing he’s trying to do here. That’s not an exaggeration. You can’t demand standards without setting them. Then all the talk becomes about what he would have done if he’d played today. He didn’t. That’s the point. That’s the cost of having principles. It’s what we’ve desperately needed for years.

The media fuel all of this, of course. The reason Keane and Neville have a massive fight is because they’re talking about it. The reason the press conferences are dominated by it is because they want it to be (I love Joe they ask how it must be frustrating that it’s all about Ronaldo….while making it all about Ronaldo).

I wasn’t worried for a moment that the manager or the players would be distracted by any of this. In fact, it was nice to not have the cameras cut to him every time we concede a throw in.

Anyway, derailing the thread.

Apols.

And for writing all that tbf.

Still buzzing off that goal this morning
Lots of words obviously but agree 100%.

The thing that pissed me off the most was Ronaldo effectively trying to upset the fragile confidence that’s growing in the dressing room whilst also undermining a newly appointed manager who is trying to establish himself.

A @#%&!s trick.

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:30 AM
puressence

Wish martial had a strong mindset ffs weak as piss we need him desperately and he’s always got a knock a Niggle ffs. Just play you gutless @#%&!.

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:34 AM
Vedder

Scenes

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:53 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
I meant 4 points won from the spurs and Chelsea games, but yes. Agreed.
Misread, sorry mate. Your post is spot on btw.

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Probably not too surprising when the team at the foot of the table have scored more goals. It is a major issue to resolve.
Who cares? Good for Leicester. It’s the fact that they’re focussing on that rather than the fact we’ve got good results. Chelsea also scored 1. At home. After scoring none in the week. Weird thing to fixate on in the context of the game and the week.

Quote:
Misread, sorry mate. Your post is spot on btw.
I was unclear. We’re all to blame. Hugs.

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:55 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Who cares? Good for Leicester. It’s the fact that they’re focussing on that rather than the fact we’ve got good results. Chelsea also scored 1. At home. After scoring none in the week. Weird thing to fixate on in the context of the game and the week.

I was unclear. We’re all to blame. Hugs.
Who cares? Me. We've dropped 4 points in a week because of it.

Unread 23-10-2022, 10:57 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Who cares? Me. We've dropped 4 points in a week because of it.
Because Leicester have scored more than us?

Unread 23-10-2022, 11:00 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Because Leicester have scored more than us?
Jesus christ.

Unread 23-10-2022, 11:03 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Jesus christ.

Unread 23-10-2022, 11:08 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s 45 years old ffs. Needs to be in a home.

Unread 23-10-2022, 11:19 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ronaldo “ I want to win so much!!!!! GRRR”

Keane “ Yea , I agree you can see he wants to win!!!”

Ronaldo “ I’m going to this by walking off early for a second time and refuse to come onto the pitch!”

Keane “ that’s the way to do it! Nothing says you want to win more by refusing to play, you get those 1 goal every 2 appearances ”

Ronaldo “ I’ve scored 2 in 12 and one was a penalty”

Keane “ but you’re a winner!! “

Neville “ what about the team that actually won against Tottenham”

Keane “ ah they didn’t win , Tottenham were shit “

Unread 23-10-2022, 04:05 PM
red in cumbria

Leicester aren't bottom anymore in any case, making this "debate" even more pointless

Unread 23-10-2022, 04:53 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Leicester aren't bottom anymore in any case, making this "debate" even more pointless
The real kicker. Keane saying oh there’s a PR agenda against Ronaldo etc.

On several occasions Keane has called out players shaking hands and smiling with the opposition in a line before KO in the tunnel.

Ronaldo has on atleast 2-3 occasions interrupted his warmup, a time when he should be fully focused on warming up and being prepared for the game as best as he could, to come over to a broadcast to millions in live tv to hug some presenters and piss back off .

I wonder if Keane called him about “being ready to go into battle”

Anywho it’s done.

Chelsea didn’t impress me too much and I think if we could get a run going and sign a CF we could really piss the top 4.

Unread 23-10-2022, 09:17 PM
dunk

It’s been a tough old start to the season hasn’t it…