United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:32 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
So what’s the sitch in the group? Does it go GD or head to head?

Woman in studio just made no sense. Said that we have to win by two goals over there because Sociedad have the better head to head. But if we won by 1 goal, we’d have the same head to head
Same head to head and it probably goes to goal difference in the group?

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&! off banging on about this keeper.

He stood whilst our forwards kicked everything down his £#%&!ing throat ffs. I fancy i'd have saved most of them.
He might have had the decency to let one in tbf, lots of these game raisers do that when they're playing some team other than us.

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Same head to head and it probably goes to goal difference in the group?
Just wasn’t sure if it was GD or head to head because the woman didn’t exactly explain it very well. I think we’re two goals worse off than them, so a 1 goal better win than them next week and any kind of win at their place should do the trick.

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:35 PM
Drexl

Great sub by our dome-headed manger

The over-seer

Ten brains

His brain wouldn't fit in your skull... think on that

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He might have had the decency to let one in tbf, lots of these game raisers do that when they're playing some team other than us.
If any of his saves had gone in, they’d have been howlers. The reaction save from Rashford was decent. The rest were standard stuff.

It’s a frequent myth: if a keeper makes a standard save more than three times in a game, he’s having a blinder. Regardless of whether he should save them.

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Just wasn’t sure if it was GD or head to head because the woman didn’t exactly explain it very well. I think we’re two goals worse off than them, so a 1 goal better win than them next week and any kind of win at their place should do the trick.
4 goals difference.

Need to batter that Moldovan side at OT.

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
4 goals difference.

Need to batter that Moldovan side at OT.
Is it? Ah nuts. Thought it said +6 for us and +8 for them.

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:39 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Is it? Ah nuts. Thought it said +6 for us and +8 for them.
That's goals scored.

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
That's goals scored.
Well, I should probably start looking at the right columns then, shouldn’t I?

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:46 PM
armchair

We have to win every game and beat the spanish side by more than 1-0 to avoid the cl drop outs afaik.

Unread 13-10-2022, 11:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

He stood whilst our forwards kicked everything down his £#%&!ing throat ffs. I fancy i'd have saved most of them.
You'd be blowing out your arse in the warm up FFS....

Unread 13-10-2022, 11:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You'd be blowing out your arse in the warm up FFS....
As opposed to you who spends most of his time talking out of his

Unread 13-10-2022, 11:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
As opposed to you who spends most of his time talking out of his
Warm up ?

Unread 13-10-2022, 11:33 PM
Sloppy

Quote:

In your timberland footy boots.

Unread 13-10-2022, 11:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
I lent them to rashford tonight

Unread 13-10-2022, 11:58 PM
Sharders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Timberland, elesse, stolen from ivor, global hyper colour, fila....

Unread 14-10-2022, 01:41 AM
Sparky***

A year ago we’d have drawn that 0-0 and got booed off

Nice to see the managers subs paying dividends as well, small steps and all that.

Unread 14-10-2022, 03:02 AM
shenwen

Thought the football was as good as you'd expect against a team of that level, but £#%&!ing hell our inability to score. Rashford's finishing

Still struggling to break down teams who sit back.

Unread 14-10-2022, 04:53 AM
westcoastvan

Good to see they won. A bit disconcerting that it took them 92 minutes to score against a team from Cypress though. They should have buried them.

Unread 14-10-2022, 06:45 AM
AK14

I quite enjoyed the game tbh

We actually created plenty of chances but it was the shit finishing that was the issue, unlike years gone by when we’d struggle to create the odd half chance or two against similar oppositions and usually end up conceding and then chasing the game.

We desperately need a CF in the January window.