United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:19 PM
armchair

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:22 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
Contrast with that boro player against us in the FA cup last year
This was from last season right after that game.

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:28 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Possibly fair, he played really well. Held the ball up nicely and provided good link up play. Finish for the goal was classic Ronnie.

Otherwise both centre halves did well, Martinez continues to impress. Also Luke Shaw had his best game for well over a year. Looked hungry (always does tbf etc) and his postioning was on the money.

Eriksen as usual keeping us ticking and rarely, if ever, wastes a pass. Feels like a luxury to have someone in midfield who can use either foot comfortably.

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:28 PM
armchair

I think var should only do offsides. Every other decision is political.

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:32 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Handball has always been a matter of opinion. And every time they try to clarify it they end up making it more convoluted.

If they stopped VAR reviewing handballs then the referees would have far greater understanding from fans for the marginal ones they get wrong imo.

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:40 PM
jem

Quote:
I don't mind var doing handballs or other fouls the ref may not have seen. they just need to be clearly deliberate and missed by the ref. offsides should be clear, too. earlobes out.

we're lucky they don't keep an eye on shaw at every corner, though. could have given away three penalties today.

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:47 PM
ragnorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I don't mind var doing handballs or other fouls the ref may not have seen. they just need to be clearly deliberate and missed by the ref. offsides should be clear, too. earlobes out.

we're lucky they don't keep an eye on shaw at every corner, though. could have given away three penalties today.
Shaw did look a little handsy didn't he?

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
This was from last season right after that game.

That’s fine, if they’re all disallowed. Look at that Antonio one today.

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:56 PM
Stickman

definitely clear and obvious handball from Rashford 🥴

Unread 09-10-2022, 11:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
definitely clear and obvious handball from Rashford 🥴
I think the point is that it doesn’t have to be clear and obvious, if it hits it hands at all, it’s getting disallowed. It’s fine if they’re consistent, but they aren’t.

Unread 09-10-2022, 11:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think the point is that it doesn’t have to be clear and obvious, if it hits it hands at all, it’s getting disallowed. It’s fine if they’re consistent, but they aren’t.
Exactly. That’s exactly the £#%&!ing point. Antonio virtually playing volleyball earlier for west ham and it’s allowed. These marginal decisions only ever seem to go against us.

Unread 09-10-2022, 11:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Exactly. That’s exactly the £#%&!ing point. Antonio virtually playing volleyball earlier for west ham and it’s allowed. These marginal decisions only ever seem to go against us.
Scammaca knew damn well he handled his goal too. He didn’t even celebrate

They’ve had two in one game where ours was disallowed ffs

Unread 10-10-2022, 02:20 AM
Peter13

Great win for MU.

Unread 10-10-2022, 02:29 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter13
Great win for MU.

Top five, with a game in hand on the top 3. Not too happy about our goal difference mind. But as you said, Peter, twas a great win indeed.

Unread 10-10-2022, 03:40 AM
shenwen

Always good to come away with a win at the Stadium of Seethe.

Early signs of TH-ball? Some lovely passing sequences - Cass and Eriksen in particular controlling things. Shaw doing well - credit where it's due.

Hope tenners stops Dalot trying to play those cross field passes in his own half though. Gives me the jitters.

Unread 10-10-2022, 07:40 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

not sure about his green jacket and loss of hair

Unread 10-10-2022, 08:14 AM
redhegemony

Nice crisp passing but very wasteful at times. Should have finished them off.

Unread 10-10-2022, 08:23 AM
Seamus

I thought we played really well. I like 7p, kick off's on a Sunday.

Unread 10-10-2022, 08:24 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Always good to come away with a win at the Stadium of Seethe.

Early signs of TH-ball? Some lovely passing sequences - Cass and Eriksen in particular controlling things. Shaw doing well - credit where it's due.

Hope tenners stops Dalot trying to play those cross field passes in his own half though. Gives me the jitters.
Thought dalot was the worst player out there tbh. Striker and a right back are desperately needed and not necessarily in that order.

Unread 10-10-2022, 08:24 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Nice crisp passing but very wasteful at times. Should have finished them off.
‘Nice crisp passing’ feels a bit light given it was like watching a competent well coached team for once. It’s a long time since I’ve seen us dominate like that and comprehensively out football another team.

Loads of issues still - mainly upfront - so I don’t expect us to do much this season - but it’s nice to see something developing at least.