United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 13-03-2016, 07:01 AM
puressence

Default the 6 round the quarter final man utd v west ham unofficial match thread ......

yes its early yes its not looking good and yes its probably the least eagerly awaited qtr final I can remember .. lets hope they manage to perform today and get a Wembley day out , cos this man is going nowhere .. team news timothy is injured and another youth player has been drafted in ro shaun Williams .. personally looking forward to seeing payet play today , no idea of the outcome could be a masterclass could be the players have just downed tools anyway enjoy the day sing your hearts out .... KO 4PM BT SPORTS

Unread 13-03-2016, 08:01 AM
NegativeNorris

West Ham are a good side, and we're fairly shit, so I'm not expecting much at all really. As you say, it will be good to see Payet playing, but seeing him rip our shite defence to bits will be painful to see. I can't see any of our defenders being able to deal with them tbh. They've got pace and power up front, and we have nobody capable of dealing with that. Dave is going to be busy.

Such a big week coming up too. It's usually an Arsenal thing to get knocked out of 3 cup competitions in a week, but I think it might be us this time around. Not a cup I know, but our chances of 4th will be fading rapidly should we lose next weekend.

Unread 13-03-2016, 08:16 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
West Ham are a good side, and we're fairly shit, so I'm not expecting much at all really. As you say, it will be good to see Payet playing, but seeing him rip our shite defence to bits will be painful to see. I can't see any of our defenders being able to deal with them tbh. They've got pace and power up front, and we have nobody capable of dealing with that. Dave is going to be busy.

Such a big week coming up too. It's usually an Arsenal thing to get knocked out of 3 cup competitions in a week, but I think it might be us this time around. Not a cup I know, but our chances of 4th will be fading rapidly should we lose next weekend.
No......it was Chelsea

Unread 13-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Jez Quigley

Had a huge crush on Ensign Ro

Hope Ensign Ro Shaun gets on - would be a good boost for him.

Unread 13-03-2016, 11:04 AM
guerreiro

Never seen this Payet bloke everyone's chatting about, if he's any less than a Cruyff I'll be disappointed.

Other than that, you'd hope to see some pride from our lot and put in a decent performance.

Unread 13-03-2016, 11:04 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
yes its early yes its not looking good and yes its probably the least eagerly awaited qtr final I can remember .. lets hope they manage to perform today and get a Wembley day out , cos this man is going nowhere .. team news timothy is injured and another youth player has been drafted in ro shaun Williams .. personally looking forward to seeing payet play today , no idea of the outcome could be a masterclass could be the players have just downed tools anyway enjoy the day sing your hearts out .... KO 4PM BT SPORTS
Sneak preview of LVGs team talk?

Unread 13-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Child of Darkness

Thumbs up

Well done pure . Balls out . Get the thread up . Graphics are for Jessie's .

Unread 13-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Sandman

Unread 13-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Mr_Ed

West Ham by a goal... Season over.

Unread 13-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Ethers

Well up for this, time to get the season back on track.

Get through any which way tonight, do the scousers 3-0 on Thursday then smash City all over the place on Sunday.

Could be a fantastic week.

Or utterly horrific.

Unread 13-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Bunker Buster

Thumbs up

The start of 'Louis Week'

Hold tight it's going to be a heady mix of joy and awe..

The trodden tulips no one wants are about to hit the catwalk...

Unread 13-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Billy Redface

The reaction if we lose this and Thursday

I don't think we will though. We have strange knack of doing just enough to avoid utter capitulation. We pull the occasional surprise result and good performance out of our arse when you least expect it. Its why the agony has been drawn out all season.

I can see a win today, win on Thursday (but not enough to go through), all the talk of turning a corner, a spirited loss at city and then another horrific defeat somewhere unexpected

And the cycle goes on.

Or a draw.

Unread 13-03-2016, 11:26 AM
no fun

@#%&!s from Essex with beards and augero haircuts in their West Ham shirts posing for pictures next to the trinity statue

LVG sauntering down the touchline waving to that nice couple from Taiwan who thought it would be nice to take in a football match during their trip from London up to the Lake District

A shot on target by united in the 59th minute being ironically cheered

2-0 to west ham

Unread 13-03-2016, 12:15 PM
puressence

its a coin spin for the greatest or worst week of Louis reign and sweet jesus theres been some weeks

Unread 13-03-2016, 12:16 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

I don't think we will though. We have strange knack of doing just enough to avoid utter capitulation. We pull the occasional surprise result and good performance out of our arse when you least expect it. Its why the agony has been drawn out all season.

I can see a win today, win on Thursday (but not enough to go through), all the talk of turning a corner, a spirited loss at city and then another horrific defeat somewhere unexpected

And the cycle goes on.

Or a draw.

Unread 13-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Balls on the table.

Unread 13-03-2016, 12:51 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

A nervy 2-1 win

Unread 13-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Albert Tatlock

We will win the next three matches.

Unread 13-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
We will win the next three matches.
Or we'll lose them all and Giggs til the end of the season.

Feels like the end game.

Strap yourselves in lads...

Unread 13-03-2016, 01:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Never seen this Payet bloke everyone's chatting about, if he's any less than a Cruyff I'll be disappointed.

Other than that, you'd hope to see some pride from our lot and put in a decent performance.
that's some admission. let's hope we don't give away stupid free kicks around the box.

west ham are the best team in the league at the moment. means nothing. actually, it does mean nothing given the standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
West Ham by a goal... Season over.
the season won't be over even if we get beaten today and thursday. we have city up next - city who would have lost to norwich but for the width of the cross bar. that is the important game this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
had better be to play a midfield against city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
its a coin spin for the greatest or worst week of Louis reign and sweet jesus theres been some weeks
this. can't help feeling the coin is double-sided, though.

I will wait to see the team sheet before callling king louis a clueless absolute learn-the-£#%&!all. just to save time, though, if we put out a two-man midfield and fellaini is one of them, he can £#%&! off back to amsterdam now.