United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2022, 08:23 AM
Chopper

I think the key phrase in what has been reported is,
‘A suitable offer comes in’.

Possibly United (fee) , but for sure Ronaldo (wages) will have high expectations on what’s suitable.

Unread 03-07-2022, 08:25 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper
I think the key phrase in what has been reported is,
‘A suitable offer comes in’.

Possibly United (fee) , but for sure Ronaldo (wages) will have high expectations on what’s suitable.
It’s Ronaldo. I’m sure they have a release clause in his contract that he can decide to go for 15-25 million each summer or something similar. Juve let him go for 16 mill? He won’t be going for much more than that.

Unread 03-07-2022, 08:26 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Then you have the greatest of all time, who has unmatched ambition and desire coming out saying the exact same thing.
I know Fabrizio Romano is generally considered a reliable journalist, but I wouldn't describe him as the greatest of all time.

Unread 03-07-2022, 08:27 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
I know Fabrizio Romano is generally considered a reliable journalist, but I wouldn't describe him as the greatest of all time.
Multiple journalists have gone with it. Even the ones close to his agent. They’ve been briefed, nobody has come out to deny it . Journos chat crap 99% of the time, but this is genuine .

Unread 03-07-2022, 08:32 AM
Ethers

Quote:
The term bedwetters being thrown around because some people expected to have a signing or two (or sale) come July first.

Then you have the greatest of all time, who has unmatched ambition and desire coming out saying the exact same thing. This is a player who wants to be the best, win at everything . A legend of the club . A player who is much closer with the dealings of the club than any of us and he is saying the same things a few of us in here were about signings and ambition from the board and lack of action from the recruitment.

Nobody was expecting the de jong deal to be done before July, just frustrated that other deals from the lesser unknowns should have been wrapped up. Atleast one deal, it shows the club is looking forward, the club is less likely to be hamstrung because “other players have signed” so it’s not a big deal if they miss out on a target or two. More importantly it shows the club was being proactive from April onwards, the moment ETH was announced work should have started for this season.

Before you say it, this isn’t about the europa league, he would have come out and left /had reports about him leaving the moment the season ended. The fact that he waited till a week before the tour starts shows he was anticipating some signings or at the very least waiting to see which direction the club was going.

But nah, what does Ronaldo know about winning? something about “ murtough madness” etc etc

Hopefully at the very least it kicks their arse into gear , ETH looks to be a world class coach , he should be able to get 10-15% more out of the squad and they start binning some of the deadwood. If they get the de jong and malacia deal over the line and if we are lucky they sign a couple more (naturally will be made harder because other clubs know the desperation) , Ronaldo leaving may just put enough pressure on the board and recruitment to getting their act together.

As always , all the hope in the world for the club to turn it around but none of the expectation.
For anyone who can’t be arsed reading all that, this guy is basically saying he has the same winners mentality as Ronnie because he pissed his knickers throughout June at the lack of signings.

Unread 03-07-2022, 08:35 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
For anyone who can’t be arsed reading all that, this guy is basically saying he has the same winners mentality as Ronnie because he pissed his knickers throughout June at the lack of signings.
Not my fault your brain hurts if you have to read more than four sentences.

I mean you can’t even understand the point. I’m saying if Ronaldo is saying the same stuff as other people on the forum were about ambition and expectation, clearly there is some truth in it as he is one of the greatest of all time . I’m sure he knows a thing or two about football.

Unread 03-07-2022, 08:42 AM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Just loan him for a season. Rangers are in Champions League I think.
Long way to go before those lads are in the CL this season.
Thankfully.

Unread 03-07-2022, 08:45 AM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Wipe out the share price with a singe instagram post

Ronaldo doesn’t give much of a shit about Utd
If he did he would have told us after the season that he wanted to leave
He’s only doing it now as Mendes has been all around Europe looking for suitors and he obviously thinks he found one
The truth is Ronaldo has £#%&!ed us over
Didn’t he wipe a couple of billion of the share price of coke by just moving a couple of bottles.

Only people £#%&!ing anyone over are The Glazers

Unread 03-07-2022, 08:56 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Getting his half a mil a week wages off the books would be doing us a favour tbh.

Can get 3 or 4 players with that money.
True for most players but a lot of his would have been covered by the extra revenue he brings a club.

Unread 03-07-2022, 09:04 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 03-07-2022, 09:07 AM
Chopper

Quote:
It’s Ronaldo. I’m sure they have a release clause in his contract that he can decide to go for 15-25 million each summer or something similar. Juve let him go for 16 mill? He won’t be going for much more than that.
Yea, but who will pay 500k a week for him?

Unread 03-07-2022, 09:25 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Guess we will actually see if he really wants to leave or not then.

Unread 03-07-2022, 09:47 AM
no fun

Quote:
Lots of teams....increased advertising revenue, shirt and merchandise sales, increased attendance figures should cover it

Unread 03-07-2022, 09:47 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Chelsea...

Especially if they can get him for a knock down fee.

Not really sure how we got played but there you go...

Unread 03-07-2022, 09:53 AM
Chopper

Quote:
Guess we will actually see if he really wants to leave or not then.
We’ll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Lots of teams....increased advertising revenue, shirt and merchandise sales, increased attendance figures should cover it
Think it will be more like half / third of that figure if he signs.
With the rest in revenue from sales.

Stupid weekly wage for a man of his age.

Unread 03-07-2022, 09:58 AM
NedKelly

Ronaldo didn’t change the way we played as a team so I hate this notion that he is a part of the reason we were so poor last season. If he was in the team 2 seasons back, with the counter attacking football we played he probably would have bagged 10+ more goals. But the weaknesses were prevalent then and they caught up with us last season - it wasn’t a case of us getting 2nd comfortably either, I’m pretty sure our poor form started at the tail end of that season and continued into the next, rather than it occurring with the start of last season.

He was brilliant for us, and it annoyed me to see people saying he was a goal hanger etc when I saw him bust a gut getting back over and over again when the chips were down. If not for his goals we’d have been in the bottom half of the table.

Put some respect on his name.

Unread 03-07-2022, 09:58 AM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Chelsea...

Especially if they can get him for a knock down fee.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OllieHolt...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Not really sure how we got played but there you go...
CR contributed in many (not all games), and helped us get over the line.
It’s difficult to isolate all the bullshite at the club last season and look at performances. Him playing us, I don’t think so.

Revenue and goals provided being examples that counter the hack.

Unread 03-07-2022, 09:59 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Ronaldo didn’t change the way we played as a team so I hate this notion that he is a part of the reason we were so poor last season. If he was in the team 2 seasons back, with the counter attacking football we played he probably would have bagged 10+ more goals. But the weaknesses were prevalent then and they caught up with us last season - it wasn’t a case of us getting 2nd comfortably either, I’m pretty sure our poor form started at the tail end of that season and continued into the next, rather than it occurring with the start of last season.

He was brilliant for us, and it annoyed me to see people saying he was a goal hanger etc when I saw him bust a gut getting back over and over again when the chips were down. If not for his goals we’d have been in the bottom half of the table.

Put some respect on his name.
Best thing you've ever posted.

Viva Ronaldo.

Unread 03-07-2022, 10:02 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
CR contributed in many (not all games), and helped us get over the line.
It’s difficult to isolate all the bullshite at the club last season and look at performances. Him playing us, I don’t think so.

Revenue and goals provided being examples that counter the hack.
It felt more like we played him tbh.
“We’re back Ronnie, just need you to help us get over the finishing line wink wink”
Then he rocks up and sees Rashford running into Maguire over and over again, with Phil Jones gurning on the medical table while Mata gives out free hugs to everyone and Lindelof discusses his FtM transition with Luke Shaw, who’s chowing down on trowels of cheesecake.

Embarrassing.

Unread 03-07-2022, 10:12 AM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It felt more like we played him tbh.
“We’re back Ronnie, just need you to help us get over the finishing line wink wink”
Then he rocks up and sees Rashford running into Maguire over and over again, with Phil Jones gurning on the medical table while Mata gives out free hugs to everyone and Lindelof discusses his FtM transition with Luke Shaw, who’s chowing down on trowels of cheesecake.

Embarrassing.
Closed Thread