United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Neo

Default Re: *official* United v Chelsea Match Thread - Teams, Links and We Do What We Want

Not being one to blow my own trumpet, but I always said Rooney would come good once he found fitness and had a good run of games. He is world-class and has looked quality for a few weeks now.

The partnership between him and Hernandez is perfect as they compliment each other so well. Pea is so good at making the runs behind the defenders and his pace and movement always keep the opposition on the back-foot; then you have Rooney dropping deep pinging balls all over the place, and his constantly high work rate helping out the midfield. It works so well.

All across the pitch though we've seen vast improvement over the last couple of weeks. Carrick and Giggs have been immense in central midfield, Valencia, Nani and Park have done brilliantly on the flanks, but for me Rooney has been the key to it all coming together. People have said we've missed that creativity and spark at the top of the midfield, but with Rooney playing in the number 10 role it has brought a new element to our play alongside the pace and movement of Pea up top.

Lampard, Essien and Ramires are top quality midfielders, yet over the two legs none of them managed to get a hold of the game at all. That shows you how well our team have done, particularly Carrick, Giggs, Park and Rooney, who all completely dominated that central area of the pitch in both games. Fergie totally outwitted Ancelotti.

It was a good tie though, decent atmosphere in OT as well. Someone let off a flare in the East Stand at full-time too. I don't think I've ever seen one put out so quickly.

I wasn't really that nervous going into yesterday's game as I was confident we'd do the job. Not only had we beaten them last week, but we'd outplayed them on their own turf as well. They never really worried me, but I suppose a part of my has always been on the City game and the worry of Rooney's suspension. I am well £#%&!ing nervous about that.

Unread 14-04-2011, 04:19 PM
wee man

Default Re: *official* United v Chelsea Match Thread - Teams, Links and We Do What We Want

May have been said already - but how similar was Park's goal the other night to Owen's against city last season. Almost identical. £#%&!ing hell can Giggs pick out a pass under pressure.

A unique player.

Unread 14-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
May have been said already - but how similar was Park's goal the other night to Owen's against city last season. Almost identical. £#%&!ing hell can Giggs pick out a pass under pressure.

A unique player.
Don't go overboard, he's still young and needs time to become the consistent player we all know he can be

Unread 14-04-2011, 04:25 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Don't go overboard, he's still young and needs time to become the consistent player we all know he can be
Yep potentially he can be great - needs to track back a bit more though. As you say time will tell.

Unread 14-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Yep potentially he can be great - needs to track back a bit more though. As you say time will tell.
Can he do it on a cold winters night in Blackburn

£#%&!ing love Giggsy me, and I don't care what throb says he did go off tangent a bit early last decade.

Last decade!

Last decade!!!

we are so lucky

Unread 14-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Grimson

Giggs is absolutely incredible. You realise it especially watching Lampard huff and puff around at 32, clearly on the downside. Of course, he played at the World Cup in the summer, so you have to think Giggsy's benefitted by having his summers off for the most part.

Unread 14-04-2011, 04:54 PM
beansy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Can he do it on a cold winters night in Blackburn

£#%&!ing love Giggsy me, and I don't care what throb says he did go off tangent a bit early last decade.

Last decade!

Last decade!!!

we are so lucky
throb's the worst kind of post-93 Sky JCL - complicates football far too much. Carrick says in a few words what half the football 'sages' on here spend 3000 characters saying, marlo was even better at it.

Unread 14-04-2011, 05:18 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Giggs is absolutely incredible. You realise it especially watching Lampard huff and puff around at 32, clearly on the downside. Of course, he played at the World Cup in the summer, so you have to think Giggsy's benefitted by having his summers off for the most part.
in a manner of speaking

Unread 14-04-2011, 06:15 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansy
throb's the worst kind of post-93 Sky JCL - complicates football far too much. Carrick says in a few words what half the football 'sages' on here spend 3000 characters saying, marlo was even better at it.
Apart from always talking utter shite of course.

Unread 14-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

what an absolute £#%&!ing #@&%! you are

deary me

(not you dodger )

Unread 14-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Azzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Lampard covered the most ground on Tuesday, edging out Carrick.

Unread 14-04-2011, 07:15 PM
beansy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
what an absolute £#%&!ing #@&%! you are

deary me

(not you dodger )
You know I'm right

Talk your way out of making a point. If that point happens to go against the zeitgeist, it makes you justify your hypocritical rebelliousness as a Glazer arse bandit.

Unread 14-04-2011, 08:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Apart from always talking utter shite of course.
Has marlo ever been right about any important football issue??

Unread 14-04-2011, 08:27 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Has marlo ever been right about any important football issue??
tbf always said Nani was a top boy

Unread 14-04-2011, 08:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
tbf always said Nani was a top boy
But at that time, he *was* shite

Marls got lucky there, nothing more

Unread 15-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

according to marca our performances with chelsea were dull. I'd take any of the remaining teams in it to win over barca tbh, just to see them show their true class when they lose a game.

Unread 15-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
according to marca our performances with chelsea were dull. I'd take any of the remaining teams in it to win over barca tbh, just to see them show their true class when they lose a game.
Marca is a madrid organ btw

Unread 15-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

then it was as I think.

Unread 15-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansy
I may be risking a massive wooshingtons, but I quite like Mr Throb. Might not always agree with him, don't mean he's a total arse

Unread 15-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
But at that time, he *was* shite

Marls got lucky there, nothing more
Nah what he used to point out was how creative/productive Nani was when the rest of us wanted him out. Well most of the forum.

Now the only difference is his performances match his output far more regulalrly.

Thiknk Marlo deserves credit on this one. The boy can spot a pass.