United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Zorg

Default Re: Kick, Run, Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
basically I put it down to the playstation generation/modern football fan. Not happy unless players backheel the ball over there heads by pressing X, Y, LR, TRIANGLE, B then lollipop the £#%&! out of themselves by rolling their virtual analogue sticks before over head kicking it into the top corner for extra XP points.
It's been mentioned before, but that post that said people like marlo want football to be all about players doing tricks and flicks on a suburban New York basketball court to a hip-hop soundtrack...it was one of the best ever on here.

Unread 07-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Love valencia. Looks like he's bored of everyone around him

Unread 07-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Which bender calls Valencia this?

What a player. Can do it all and is so important to the team both as an attacking player and in his defensive duties....even had a blinder at fullback

Even if he were merely "kick, run, cross", what a nightmare that would be for a striker ey? 'OH NO! A winger who won't needlessly lose the ball trying some audacious %@#$&!s but instead puts dangerous balls into the box for me.....aaaaaarrrrrrgh!'
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...ss#post1702251

Unread 07-04-2011, 05:51 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
Spotters/Finders Badge

Unread 07-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
Spotters/Finders Badge
I thank you

One of the best though:
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...ss#post1702251

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i hate the way people are messaging me on my bb telling me they didnt know my twin signed for united

top boys have big heads.

great performance from 'big obe'
looks like a proper winger and intelligent as opposed to kick/run/cross.

another top boy in the ranks -hopefully-

Unread 07-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
Interesting read that thread.

Unread 07-04-2011, 06:24 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
top boys have big heads
Fair play marlo

Unread 07-04-2011, 06:36 PM
magic_cantona

I'm not one of these people that says "I wont say 'I told you so'", so I can go ahead and add Valencia to one of the many things/players I've been spot on about (Nani, Berbs, tomato sauce going well with chips and curry)

I've said for ages this season that we'll be so much better when he got back to being in the team.He's £#%&!ing ace.

Unread 07-04-2011, 06:38 PM
dunk

clean forgot about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Underconfidence is the last thing wrong with Nani.

He is too #@&%!sure of himself. Thinks he's the main man now Ronaldo has gone (as he seemed to keep saying in interviews over the summer), and as a complete opposite to Scholes one-touch masterclasses of late, he seems to want to take as many touches as possible any time he gets the ball.

He clearly won't listen to the coaches about how to improve his game i.e keeping it £#%&!ing simple when required. I'll be amazed if this isn't his last season at the club.

He has the look of a player who has never had any coaching in his life - yet clearly that isn't the case. United managed to knock the rough edges off Ronaldo and turn him into the best in the world. Nani is, in my opinion, a lost cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I can't agree with any of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Feel free to quote me should he be here for the 2010/2011 season.

I highly doubt he will though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I will

I won't really, I'll have forgotten about this by tomorrow.

Unread 08-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Neo

When Owen hopefully gets £#%&!ed off this summer I'd be happy to see the number 7 given to Tony.

Absolute class player but it still amazes me how good he's looked so quickly after his comeback. I honestly thought he'd only reach proper form next season, but he's returned and become one of our best players within weeks.

If we win trophies in May he'll be one of the main reasons. He's the best out-and-out winger in the Premiership IMO.

Unread 08-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Stickman

Hes come back an even more complete looking player which defies belief. I couldnt believe how good he looked against Marseille.

Unread 08-04-2011, 06:55 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'm not one of these people that says "I wont say 'I told you so'", so I can go ahead and add Valencia to one of the many things/players I've been spot on about (Nani, Berbs, tomato sauce going well with chips and curry)

I've said for ages this season that we'll be so much better when he got back to being in the team.He's £#%&!ing ace.

Unread 08-04-2011, 07:34 AM
waynes ear's

where is the the worst ever accountant moonheaded @#%&!?

Unread 08-04-2011, 07:39 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
where is the the worst ever accountant moonheaded @#%&!?
He only posts about football when United are struggling. He came out of the woodwork again when we lost to Chelsea/Liverpool I think.

Unread 08-04-2011, 11:06 AM
red in cumbria

Given how Arsenal are performing right now, no wonder he's quiet

Unread 14-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Neo

It was said last season that one of the reasons Rooney was playing so well was because of Valencia's impact on the side. I don't think its a coincidence that Rooney has kicked into form just as Valencia has come back over the last few weeks either.

His influence on the side is so big. If Rafael can stop getting these niggling injuries then our right flank will tear any team apart. This is from an article a few days ago in The Independent:

Quote:
Valencia’s return…

In the preceding games before Valencia’s return from a broken leg, United lost 2-1 to Chelsea and 3-1 to Liverpool. This is how they’ve got on since:

12 March: Man United 2 Arsenal 0 (Fabio, Rooney)
Coming off the bench for the second half, United beat Arsenal in the FA Cup.

15 March: Man United 2 Marseille 1 (Hernandez 2)
Came off the bench again and was involved in the build up to Hernandez’s second goal.

19 March: Manchester United 1 Bolton 0 (Berbatov)
Makes his first start, with Giggs moving into central midfield. Set Wayne Rooney up for a shot which was well saved by Jaaskelainen. United scored a late winner.

2 April: West Ham 2 Man United 4 (Rooney 3, Hernandez)
Lots of menacing crosses caused havoc in the Hammers’ defence. Played the ball for Rooney’s second.

6 April: Chelsea 0 Manchester United 1 (Rooney)
United clinch an invaluable away goal in the Champions League.

9 April: Man United 2 Fulham 0 (Berbatov, Valencia)
No Rooney due to suspension, but Valencia gets in on the act himself, nodding in a simple header for United’s second.
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2011/...-wayne-rooney/

Unread 14-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It was said last season that one of the reasons Rooney was playing so well was because of Valencia's impact on the side. I don't think its a coincidence that Rooney has kicked into form just as Valencia has come back over the last few weeks either.

His influence on the side is so big. If Rafael can stop getting these niggling injuries then our right flank will tear any team apart. This is from an article a few days ago in The Independent:

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2011/...-wayne-rooney/
Came on as sub on Tuesday too. So in a nutshell we've won every game since he came back
Closed Thread