United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Don't know how many tackles Fletcher made against Liverpool but he set the tempo of that game early doors which was crucial - Rooney appreciated it and sio did everyone around me in the crowd, anyway. Laughter and jokes abounded, but he still got the team on the move.

His goal at M'boro' was priceless - great movement - and he also got the ball rolling with a cool slot at Charlton.

It was his pressure at Watford that led directly to the winner. And it was his first time through ball that split Bolton assunder for Rooney's hat-trick goal.

He may not be great but he has played his part.

Good lad.

Wise words.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:09 PM
borsuk

and i far prefer him to pie and richardson. the problem is fergie tends to rest four or five players at a time and the replacements are no good enough to do that. we also have too many in the squad who will not make the grade but are preventing youngsters from getting useful experience. how many appearances do walcott et al have for the arse now? the loan system seems to have the downside of pushing youngsters further from the first team squad, which i don't like.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Apparently he was one of the young players that Keane often had a go at, have been told that he is more of a Charlie than Richardson as well. Could be nonsense. You can make excuses for his behaviour at Rangers, but Ferguson will have been watching, it is more than how you play when you are on loan, it is a test of mentality and professionalism.

Martin does have good delivery, but does he have the skill to make himself space to use that when he can not just run past defenders? Has not shown that yet.

Nonsense mate to be honest, Keane wanted to take him to Sunderland. There wasn't many that Keane wouldn't criticise anyway.

He is a good player, solid and versatile, but unforunately, as I have stated before, he is behind Simpson because of the pace difference.

He'l sign for Villa on a permanent basis.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Part 36 Offer

'Carrick is a decent squad player'

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick

What because he has the balls to stand up for himself?
No wonder,he's a member of the Manchester mafia

He has connections

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Nonsense mate to be honest, Keane wanted to take him to Sunderland. There wasn't many that Keane wouldn't criticise anyway.
Hope so, and yes Keane would give everyone a %@#$&!ing, probably would have been the better move, Sunderland at the start of the season instead of wasting his time at Rangers.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:31 PM
borsuk

Quote:
'Carrick is a decent squad player'

in true (f)red tradition is should now refuse to admit my error and spend the next twenty pages defending this.

on reflection, i think i'll admit the truth. i was talking about the ronnie, of course.
Closed Thread