United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Tropical

Default Oi! Wonks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
I'm really not bothered about Chelsea. We have already won the league and now we need to concentrate on the double treble.
Behave.

Tempt not the Fates.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:04 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
Just when you think those loathsome @#%&!s can't get any more loathsome or @#%&!ier, they somehow succeed.

And that smug, snide, pissy, petulant dipshit Henry has become as bad as any of them.

Wenger really does create teams in his own image. Talented, but inherently small-time.
They're quite unbelievable actually. I suspect Wenger does actively cultivate this superiority complex in them. It's a dangerous one to play with however when for every Fabregas there's a Hoyte.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:08 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Behave.

Tempt not the Fates.
Trops, I havn't backed it so therefore it's nailed on.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Tropical

Default Stick a ton on Chelsea

just to make sure.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Would have been sort of like the Andorra defender who laughed at Ruud for missing a penalty. Then Ruud made sure to find him after scoring later:

[YOUTUBE]gPyg3dOJN8c[/YOUTUBE]
Nothing wrong with what Ruud did there, the guy was being a total #@&%!, mocking him for missing a pen and RVN reciprocated. It was a one on one personal thing, and no doubt the guy understood what it was about.

Class costs nothing, for all Henry's ability, and there is no denying that he is a wonderful player, his ego can make him extremely unlikeable. Henry made it about himself today, if he was so worried about time being wasted he would have grabbed the ball and sprinted back to the half way line, but no, he had to have it seen that he thought that Kirkland was cheating him.

Teams have come to OT and wasted time for years. it is frustrating yes, but it is part of the game, Arsenal themselves have done it at OT, their double standards are laughable.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Lazarus

Quote:
just to make sure.
My old man put 200 quid on Arsenal after the 1-1 draw at Highbury the season we won the league with the killer run. He was convinced they'd still do us in the run in. He regretted it ,said he felt like he'd betrayed United.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:51 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
My old man put 200 quid on Arsenal after the 1-1 draw at Highbury the season we won the league with the killer run. He was convinced they'd still do us in the run in. He regretted it ,said he felt like he'd betrayed United.
betting agaisnt united is great...

its can be like buying a good result or softening the blow of a loss...

when we drew with sunderland at home 2 seasons i backed it on betfair in play £50 at about 17 i think....

lovely friday night even though the draw hurt in the morning..
(it was a friday i think)

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:01 AM
Lazarus

vio i understand the logic mate ..he just said he felt really shitty about it and it soured things. maybe he started thinking about what if he'd won - although he's longterm red so i doubt it.

i think he thought he'd betrayed united in some way

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Fatboy Shrek

I don't know how it can sour things. Obviously not slating your old man in any way, but i could not give a shit about money compared to United. So the odd hundred quid can be forgot about easily. If United don't win i may as well have made a grand out of it in the process.

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:11 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
If United don't win i may as well have made a grand out of it in the process.
yessir.
Closed Thread