United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Lok

Default Corners....

When was the last time we scored from a corner?

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:08 PM
andyroo

Default Re: Corners....

v the vermin

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
v the vermin
I'm talking about first XI

There was a moment in the match yesterday where one of our players (think it was Nani) played it against a player to win a corner (rather than trying to go past him).

I wondered at the time why he bothered because we're abysmal at corners. Honestly can't remember the last time we scored one.

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I'm talking about first XI

There was a moment in the match yesterday where one of our players (think it was Nani) played it against a player to win a corner (rather than trying to go past him).

I wondered at the time why he bothered because we're abysmal at corners. Honestly can't remember the last time we scored one.
Was about to post the same thing on the match thread. We really are poor from set pieces in general.

thing is when you look at the team yesterday, who would bet on actually winning a header in the box when there's a ball to be attacked?

Vidic is probably the only one i'd put money on. O'shea is tall but he's a complete tart, Rio just never scores and after that who do we have who is even a threat?

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:19 PM
hopkins

didn't we have a major drought on these for a while, then i;m sure rio scored with a header from a corner a few years back, and now the drought is back

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:19 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

We've lacked a good set piece taker for 2/3 years now.

We dont have anybody who can take a corner which puts defenders under pressure and on the back foot.

We're woeful at set pieces, been saying it for ages now.

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:21 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
didn't we have a major drought on these for a while, then i;m sure rio scored with a header from a corner a few years back, and now the drought is back
Last minute winner against the vermin... probably the only corner we scored from that season.

I've been worried about set pieces for a bit. We were talking about this on here after the vermin game (that one, not the kids), remember Giggs took a shocker that day.

Rooney's one at West 'am was quality.

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:23 PM
borsuk

smalling is fantastic in the air when he goes forward, wins virtually everything.

our delivery is £#%&! for the most part though, i agree.

we were shocking at defending short corners yesterday btw, time after time city got a 2 on 1 just through playing a corner short.

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:23 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Last minute winner against the vermin... probably the only corner we scored from that season.

I've been worried about set pieces for a bit. We were talking about this on here after the vermin game (that one, not the kids), remember Giggs took a shocker that day.

Hernandez scored one vs West Brom from a Rooney cross.

But we lack any quality what so ever from set pieces, although Nani was unlucky yesterday.

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
smalling is fantastic in the air when he goes forward, wins virtually everything.

we were shocking at defending short corners yesterday btw, time after time city got a 2 on 1 just through playing a corner short.
Yeah real lack of concentration. Silva constantly going short for the corners.

tbh that team yesterday, and i hate to say it, had a real £#%&!ing limp-wristed, soft-arse air to it that shows when the going gets tough.

wee man

Quote:

That was a free kick near the touchline iirc

sudored

We need super Charlie Adamibob.

bobbledinho

Our delivery from corners is embarrassing. If it clears the first man then it's almost always out the other side of the box.

Can't understand why nothing is done about it.

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:28 PM
redhegemony

lacked a left foot yesterday. free kicks are often unthreatening.

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:30 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Our delivery from corners is embarrassing. If it clears the first man then it's almost always out the other side of the box.

Can't understand why nothing is done about it.
Giggs chipped corners

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Just ran a replay in my head... think you're right.

Don't you miss David stepping up... 29 times out of 30 the keeper at least had to work. He really was brilliant at these - and why, because he practised them all the £#%&!ing time.

Unread 17-04-2011, 09:48 PM
bobbledinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Giggs chipped corners
Yea.... our delivery from corners is embarrassing.

Unread 18-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
It was, Evra was fouled too iirc.

Unread 18-04-2011, 10:18 AM
dunk

Should just let them have a goal kick tbh, at least we get the ball back a bit quicker that way.

Unread 18-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

We've been caught out on short corners all season. Something city are. Obviously well aware of
Closed Thread