United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:03 PM
borsuk

Default ructions at barca

eto'o ripping into rijkaard

splits in the dressing room, says rijkaard has no cojones...

fantastic player. if ronnie ever did go, that's what we would want in part-exchange. plus a colossal wad of cash for martin to pocket, of course.

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Serenity Now

Brilliant player, but an egotistical #@&%!. If people think Ronaldo is a trouble maker I can only imagine what they'd make of Eto'o.

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:10 PM
legendary saf

Id love Samuel at United, £#%&!in top man and speaks his mind. Hes like Roy Keane and King Eric, world class footballer with the controversy aswell.

Fergie would love him here and its probably the only way United fans would accepts losing Ronnie.

Xavi+Eto'o and some cash please if you really want Ronnie barca.

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:27 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Brilliant player, but an egotistical #@&%!. If people think Ronaldo is a trouble maker I can only imagine what they'd make of Eto'o.
That's what many said (probably rightly) about Cantona before he joined.

For me, Eto is the best striker in the world, by a distance. £#%&!ing brilliant. Would love to see him at United.

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Lazarus

he has a big mouth but his talent is immense.

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Tropical

Default Cracking player,

one of the best strikers in the game.

But if he does it to them, he'd do it to us.

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
one of the best strikers in the game.

But if he does it to them, he'd do it to us.
kind of what I'm thinking. He did it to Madrid too (worse than anyone).

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Skag Trendy

Henry is a better player.

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:03 PM
S/Side.Red

I love the guy but Eto'o won't be going anywhere. He's Laporta's man and if anyone gets pushed out as a result of the so-called "war" it will be Ronaldinho.

I personally think it will all blow over and things will be back to normal before long.

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:04 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Is he £#%&!.

Eto, based on his performances at Barca for the last two seasons, should have got the World Player Of The Year award.

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Is he £#%&!.

Yes he is

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Anyone who is entertaining a Ronaldo - Eto'o swap deal is a little mad.

Firstly Eto'o is a proper shit-stirrer and more importantly, he is the sort of player who would need Ronaldo to play with to supply him with chances.

If Eto'o does go though, what price Thierry @#%&!to heading toward the Nu Camp ????

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:06 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Bullshit. Eto'o has won Barca 2 consecutive La Liga titles and last seasons champions league. Eto'o would run riot in the premiership.

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:09 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I love the guy but Eto'o won't be going anywhere. He's Laporta's man and if anyone gets pushed out as a result of the so-called "war" it will be Ronaldinho.

I personally think it will all blow over and things will be back to normal before long.
Been a few rumors that the manger will pack it in at Barca this season, especially if they win eith La Liga or the European Cup. Wouldn't be suprised if he takes Ronaldhino with him to his old club Milan in the summer. If it happens, Barca will go all out to get Ronaldo off us

Course, this all kicking off just in time for those scouse @#%&!s. £#%&!ing jammy bastards

Quote:
Yes he is
We'll have to disagree on that.

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yes he is
I know which one came to the fore in the Champions League final.

Eto'o is outstanding. Barca's best, most consistent, most dependable player over the last few years, which is why the Ronaldinho-mania pisses him off.

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

I can never imagine Rijkaard not having cliques in his squad for some reason. Then again, they did alright last season, so there you go. Still not sure I'd want him as United boss despite his connections.

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Eto'o would run riot in the premiership.
I seem to remember the same being said for Shevchenko,Crespo,Veron,Tevez,Mascherano and Ballack.

When he comes here and proves it then hats off to him.From what iv seen on both players Henry is better.

NFT

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:14 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I know which one came to the fore in the Champions League final.

Eto'o is outstanding. Barca's best, most consistent, most dependable player over the last few years, which is why the Ronaldinho-mania pisses him off.
The proof of his brilliance is how Barca have, at times, really struggled without him. He tore chelsea apart at stamford bridge last season. Caused the milan back four plenty of trouble too in the semi.

As you mention, unlike henry (missed a one on one to make it 2-0 didn't he?), Eto actually managed to score in a European Cup final. Larrson did quite well too

£#%&!ing brilliant player.

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Enjoying Insanity

The nightmare scenario is the Dippers scabbing it past Barca, causing Rijkaard to leave/get sacked and thus Ronaldo becoming the number 1 pawn in the off-season Spanish football shenanigans that always go on.

What chance Chelsea coming in for Ronaldinho as well and Mourinho going the other way........

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
The proof of his brilliance is how Barca have, at times, really struggled without him. He tore chelsea apart at stamford bridge last season. Caused the milan back four plenty of trouble too in the semi.

As you mention, unlike henry (missed a one on one to make it 2-0 didn't he?), Eto actually managed to score in a European Cup final. Larrson did quite well too

£#%&!ing brilliant player.
Yep. The thing they always say about Eto'o is that he scores the important goals. Fergie often says it about Cantona - he always popped up with a goal when you really needed one.

His goals always seem to be the openers, the equaliers or the winners. Great examples against Chelsea (scored twice against them, both the winners in 2-1 victories) and the Champions League final. Ronaldinho didn't look like doing anything against Arsenal, but as usual it was Eto'o who came through at the crucial moment.

When Barca beat Real Madrid 3-0 in the Bernabeu a year or two back, everyone gave Ronaldinho the praise, but again it was Eto'o who scored the all-important opener with a great piece of individual play.
Closed Thread