United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-09-2007, 01:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default So the NFL season is nearly upon us.

Final cuts have been made and the firsat game is in 3 days. Who ya got then?Me i'm going with San Diego to beat out the Patsies in the AFC, with my Stillers a dark horse. As to the NFC, I've no idea to be honest, not a top quality team in it and all of them have glaring weaknesses. Might go with New Orleans, good QB, good offensive weapons and a vaguely solid D. Da Bears might return to the NFC Chamionship game with that D but Rexy will £#%&! them up if they do.

Unread 03-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Rhodzy

Eagles, nft.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:00 PM
The Real Roxanne

Kool, means new season tv programming begins in the U S A.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Mr_Ed

Hoping the Redskins will do something this season - been distinctly average over the past few seasons.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Father Christmas

Stupidest sport ever invented.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Eagles, nft.
Really? Not sure meself. Donovan just off an injury, issues with the running game, possible issues on the O-Line. Still, a quality and aggressive D.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Hoping the Redskins will do something this season - been distinctly average over the past few seasons.
Hmmm, well you are hoping in vain. They will strive for mediocrity and miss.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:09 PM
TreeFiddy

It's hard to see past the Patriots. They have no holes in their team and Belichick and Brady know how to win in January. Their D is looking scary as well.

I'm not sure how quickly San Diego will adjust with Norv Turner as head coach. I don't think they'll be able to go all the way this year. I like the Broncos as dark horses in the AFC and if the Bengals can get their defence into the top half of the league, they could go deep in the playoffs.

The NFC is wide open due to it's shittiness. The Eagles are my pick to make it to the Bowl, but the Bears will go close if their D plays as well as the past two seasons.

Can't £#%&!ing wait for the Thursday night opener. Should be an offensive thriller. Expect a shootout with a score something like 38-31.

By the way, remember to pick your fantasy team, antonin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
It's hard to see past the Patriots. They have no holes in their team and Belichick and Brady know how to win in January. Their D is looking scary as well.

I'm not sure how quickly San Diego will adjust with Norv Turner as head coach. I don't think they'll be able to go all the way this year. I like the Broncos as dark horses in the AFC and if the Bengals can get their defence into the top half of the league, they could go deep in the playoffs.

The NFC is wide open due to it's shittiness. The Eagles are my pick to make it to the Bowl, but the Bears will go close if their D plays as well as the past two seasons.

Can't £#%&!ing wait for the Thursday night opener. Should be an offensive thriller. Expect a shootout with a score something like 38-31.

By the way, remember to pick your fantasy team, antonin.

Norv's my only worry for San Diego actually. Love their D and love LT. Rivers seems to be stepping up too.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Sloppy

Denver Broncoes.Fiddy told me.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Well they have at least binned "The Snake" so that's 10 picks less a season. Solid running game, good young QB, solid D and a tough place to play at. Unfortunately in the wrong division, won't finish above the Chargers.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I was watching an ad for this yesterday on Sky Sports. One particular American Rugby player was giving it the real showman act, 'Yall miss me, I missed yall, time to play football, yee haw, who loves freedom' etc.
Imagine a soccerball player doing that? Just thought it was wierd is all. A bit wrestling if you know what I mean.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:19 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
For an outside bet, yes. Still think it's New England's to lose though.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:20 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I was watching an ad for this yesterday on Sky Sports. One particular American Rugby player was giving it the real showman act, 'Yall miss me, I missed yall, time to play football, yee haw, who loves freedom' etc.
Imagine a soccerball player doing that? Just thought it was wierd is all. A bit wrestling if you know what I mean.
That'll be Randy Moss. He's a bit of a @#%&!.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
That'll be Randy Moss. He's a bit of a @#%&!.
I haven't seen it but it sounds more like TO or Chad to me. Moss will be asking Patsy fans if they've missed him come seasons end given the state of his hamstrings.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:26 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I haven't seen it but it sounds more like TO or Chad to me. Moss will be asking Patsy fans if they've missed him come seasons end given the state of his hamstrings.
I'm pretty sure it's an old clip of Moss talking it up on the sidelines.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Rhodzy

Brian Westbrook is awesome

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:49 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's an old clip of Moss talking it up on the sidelines.
It'd have to be fairly old, given how much he's played recently.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:57 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Brian Westbrook is awesome
Clinton Portis has a bigger #@&%! than him. Fact.

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Clinton Portis has a bigger #@&%! than him. Fact.
Why do I need to know this?
Closed Thread