Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Is he burying his ex?

Unread 12-03-2016, 03:07 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Is he burying his ex?
That'll be burial at sea. Out of necessity.

Ocean probably.

Unread 12-03-2016, 06:34 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Is he burying his ex?
Interview for his next job?

Unread 12-03-2016, 06:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Cold harsh reality is setting in for Slippy now that he's close to retirement....

"You look back at the highs and the lows. I always recognise that I achieved some incredible things. But I also reflect on some of the lows and wish that they were different, that I had achieved a little more. I don't think I'll ever be at peace. I wish I was sitting here with an extra 10 medals."

If ever anything deserved the world's smallest violin

Unread 12-03-2016, 07:07 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
The amount of c**ks saying the Heysel references were songs mocking Hillsboro

Loads of c**ks on it all over Twitter etc.

"They mentioned the Sun - it has to be about Hillsboro"

Heysel ?

Did something happen there ?

Unread 12-03-2016, 08:03 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That Sun chant is clearly a Hillsborough related chant

Not sure why Heysel is seen as fair game by Utd fans
Using an incident involving the death of 39 innocent football fans in point scoring exercise with Liverpool fans is a bit sad really
Because one was caused entirely by pissed up Liverpool fans and they like to absolutely ignore it ffs.

Doesn't need explaining tbh.

Unread 14-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Pop

Quote:
Borussia Dortmund fans held a moving tribute to a supporter who died during their home win over Mainz on Sunday. An 80-year-old fan collapsed with a suspected heart attack in the south-west stand of Borussia's 81,000-capacity Signal Iduna Park as the match was in progress. At the final whistle, the Dortmund team gathered as the home fans sang an emotional rendition of the club's anthem 'You'll Never Walk Alone'.
- The power of YNWA.

Unread 14-03-2016, 11:02 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Because one was caused entirely by pissed up Liverpool fans and they like to absolutely ignore it ffs.

Doesn't need explaining tbh.
That doesn't really explain why we have to bring it up tbh, it might if we were Juventus.

Unread 14-03-2016, 11:10 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Heysel ?

Unread 14-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Heysel ?

Nope.

Nothing.

Ever.

Unread 14-03-2016, 04:11 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
- The power of YNWA.
After which he miraculously got back up to his feet, brushed himself off....and merrily skipped home...... singing the third and fourth verse.

Velling up larr.......

Unread 14-03-2016, 04:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
After which he miraculously got back up to his feet, brushed himself off....and merrily skipped home...... singing the third and fourth verse.

Velling up larr.......
Presumably changing the lyrics from 'you'll' to 'I'll'.

Unread 17-03-2016, 12:04 PM
magic_cantona

Red face

Did you sleep well?

I bet you didn't. I bet you couldn't. Mind whirring, adrenaline building up. Fearing the worst. Willing the best.

The best. What does the best look like? Liverpool score early. And then get another before half time. And they need five. Five of your goals in 45 minutes. The travelling Reds in Heaven – Gloria, Gloria, in excelsis deo – and not shutting up about it. The travelling Reds looking at an emptying Old Trafford because if you were them could you look? Could you? Wherever you are, you are overjoyed. You are delighted. You are on top of the world – you have heroes to praise. What a great set of lads. Will you ever stop smiling?

The worst. What does the worst look like? United get an early one. There is then save after save. They grab another on the hour. They get a third without reply. Lording it. They counter and get a fourth on 90 and the travelling Reds are in Hell – in dark woods, the right road lost – and they aren't getting let out any time soon and they are looking at the green space where the worst happened. The very worst. And you are broken, casting around looking for someone to blame. What a dreadful set of lads. Will this ever stop hurting?

This is the space. This potential, this purgatory, this limbo is the space where you know your life goes down either of these two tracks, one way or another. Today is the vacuum and tomorrow it will be filled by one of those two outcomes.

Isn't it marvellous to be alive? To have the thrill of this chase, to have these possibilities going either way for you? Isn't it electrifying? Would you swap it?

I don't think you would. I think you love Liverpool, the team, the club, the city and the worldwide diaspora of people who think as you do. You love this.

Have a lovely day daydreaming, checking for news, not doing work. Share it with us with all the shows and the writing and the daydreaming if you like. We'd love you to. That's the whole point.

Today is one of those days, distracted and dissolute.

Up the Reds. Up the best Reds.

Neil

Unread 17-03-2016, 12:05 PM
dragflick

Thumbs down

Quote:
Did you sleep well?

I bet you didn't. I bet you couldn't. Mind whirring, adrenaline building up. Fearing the worst. Willing the best.

The best. What does the best look like? Liverpool score early. And then get another before half time. And they need five. Five of your goals in 45 minutes. The travelling Reds in Heaven – Gloria, Gloria, in excelsis deo – and not shutting up about it. The travelling Reds looking at an emptying Old Trafford because if you were them could you look? Could you? Wherever you are, you are overjoyed. You are delighted. You are on top of the world – you have heroes to praise. What a great set of lads. Will you ever stop smiling?

The worst. What does the worst look like? United get an early one. There is then save after save. They grab another on the hour. They get a third without reply. Lording it. They counter and get a fourth on 90 and the travelling Reds are in Hell – in dark woods, the right road lost – and they aren't getting let out any time soon and they are looking at the green space where the worst happened. The very worst. And you are broken, casting around looking for someone to blame. What a dreadful set of lads. Will this ever stop hurting?

This is the space. This potential, this purgatory, this limbo is the space where you know your life goes down either of these two tracks, one way or another. Today is the vacuum and tomorrow it will be filled by one of those two outcomes.

Isn't it marvellous to be alive? To have the thrill of this chase, to have these possibilities going either way for you? Isn't it electrifying? Would you swap it?

I don't think you would. I think you love Liverpool, the team, the club, the city and the worldwide diaspora of people who think as you do. You love this.

Have a lovely day daydreaming, checking for news, not doing work. Share it with us with all the shows and the writing and the daydreaming if you like. We'd love you to. That's the whole point.

Neil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUYJQNIwPhE
Go and jump in the £#%&!ing Mersey Neil, you stupid @#%&!.

Unread 17-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
Because it is
Anyone who sings it is a #@&%!
Agree 100%

justice for Heysel should be the song tonight.

Unread 17-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Switching Off

I like "the worst".

Unread 17-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Agree 100%

justice for Heysel should be the song tonight.
Or something about United.

I like reading their swivel-eyed %@#$&!s on this thread as much as anyone but we're twice as obsessed with them as they are with us.

Unread 17-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Or something about United.

I like reading their swivel-eyed %@#$&!s on this thread as much as anyone but we're twice as obsessed with them as they are with us.
If you say so.

Unread 17-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Pop

Quote:
Did you sleep well?

Neil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUYJQNIwPhE
I hope Neil is crushed to death tonight.

Unread 17-03-2016, 01:09 PM
plopborsky

not even arsed about this game one bit. hope neil £#%&!s off and dies tbh
Closed Thread