Unread 06-02-2023, 10:00 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
wears tiny shorts and his socks rolled down just to show off his calves
lets leave sparkys work gear out of this

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:05 AM
magic_cantona

Its laughable that a player so 'highly talented', seems more committed to making sure his shorts are too tight rather than actually doing his job on the pitch. Imagine him getting dressed in the dressing room?

"Where are my socks?! These aren't mine - mine are 'kids, size 1-4'. I can't go out in big socks."

Absolute @#%&!.

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:24 AM
dunk

I’ve actually been quite impressed with Grealish’s determination to fit in with Guardiola tbh. I thought he was their best player yesterday, came on and offered the only real threat at OT and scored. He’s actually been good for them this season, imo. Not £100m good, but who is. I honestly thought he’d have been bombed out by now because he wouldn’t follow instructions or do the graft, he’s fitted in admirably in that sense.

He’s never been productive enough, always wants to hang on to the ball too long.

Haaland and their rigid determination that he does nothing but be in the 18 yard box for head ins and tap ins is the problem.

On Pep and his revolutionary football for a second; how good is he/can he be when several people who have worked with him have been able to replicate the formula pretty successfully? Arteta, Xavi and even Kompany, basically just installing the Guardiola blueprint. The system is the system, the only question is the quality and the effort of the players, which is why he needs to completely revamp the team to get them to play to the required level?

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:25 AM
Pop

Weirdo

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:32 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’ve actually been quite impressed with Grealish’s determination to fit in with Guardiola tbh. I thought he was their best player yesterday, came on and offered the only real threat at OT and scored. He’s actually been good for them this season, imo. Not £100m good, but who is. I honestly thought he’d have been bombed out by now because he wouldn’t follow instructions or do the graft, he’s fitted in admirably in that sense.

He’s never been productive enough, always wants to hang on to the ball too long.

Haaland and their rigid determination that he does nothing but be in the 18 yard box for head ins and tap ins is the problem.

On Pep and his revolutionary football for a second; how good is he/can he be when several people who have worked with him have been able to replicate the formula pretty successfully? Arteta, Xavi and even Kompany, basically just installing the Guardiola blueprint. The system is the system, the only question is the quality and the effort of the players, which is why he needs to completely revamp the team to get them to play to the required level?
It's the same £#%&! up he made with Ibra at Barca. This time he hasn't swapped out Etoo and £30m to compound the £#%&! up, but it's the same again. Trying to add a different dimension to his ADHD-addled tiki taka %@#$&!s.

His downfall will be hilarious.

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:35 AM
dunk

Jesus was a miles better fit for them as a No.9 and he wouldn’t play him

Arteta knew it though..

I reckon Haaland would be in the 20’s goal wise if he was playing through the middle for us tbh, and we’d be closer to Arsenal than City are.

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:40 AM
puressence

Carragher said yesterday as much as i detest him city have the same goals with him as last season . He maybe joined the wrong team . Watch him keeps making the same runs they dont see or dont pass . Would be magic for us

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:42 AM
dunk

The way we play and look to burst forward would suit him down to the ground, we’re far more direct than City are, he needs direct, he wants the ball early and in space. We’ve barely seen him sprint yet in England, it’s mad.

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:43 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Jesus was a miles better fit for them as a No.9 and he wouldn’t play him

Arteta knew it though..

I reckon Haaland would be in the 20’s goal wise if he was playing through the middle for us tbh, and we’d be closer to Arsenal than City are.
Rashford is close to 20 and he’s not even played up top. We’d be 5-10 points and 15-20 goals better off with Haaland.

I think we can feel very optimistic about a title challenge next season with a handful of quality additions. We’re ahead of schedule and A top class striker takes us up another level. We’re right up there this season despite many obvious flaws

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:52 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Unread 06-02-2023, 11:13 AM
Patty_b

Some of their more recent signings seem to be as attempt to get some of that sweet sweet commercial money into the club. Before they signed Grealish there'd be months and months of, for the most part imo, undeserved hype around Grealish. He was being linked with stupidly high money moves all over the place, and if he didn't play for England there'd be coverage as to why he didn't. It was all a bit ott. Just seems like City wanted to capitalise on the hype surrounding him and blew a massive wad on a player who's hype at the time would never live up to what he was actually able to achieve at the club, even with much better players around him. Not that he's absolute shite, but he was never a £100,000,000.00 player and he's not exactly slotted into the team. I can't think of any other reason why a club that has been run as tightly as City have on the pitch spent that much money on such a player.

Same with Haaland to a degree. If he going to score bucket loads? Yes. Are they getting the absolute best out of him? No. But he will potentially help take them to the next level when it comes to the commercial value of their team. And a few hundred million is a drop in the bucket for doped up £#%&!ers if they can start making more money from the commercial side of the club in the long term, which will also start to help offset their inability to follow the financial rules of the sport and negate the need to do things like create fake betting companies to funnel money into the team.

Unread 06-02-2023, 11:25 AM
Pop

His unveiling was tragic even by City standards. About 200 berties, a bloke and his dog.

Unread 06-02-2023, 11:46 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
His unveiling was tragic even by City standards. About 200 berties, a bloke and his dog.
half of them was in the queue for the booster jab

Unread 06-02-2023, 12:02 PM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
wears tiny shorts and his socks rolled down just to show off his calves
RE: the socks rolled down to show off his calves. I just googled to see whether he wears shin pads. I thought it was FA regulations to wear shinnys And have your socks pulled up.

The search showed a lot of the sites have been removed!?

Unread 06-02-2023, 12:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
lets leave sparkys work gear out of this
so you've seen my calves then?

Unread 06-02-2023, 12:11 PM
Coracao

Player who wants to hog the ball in a team that move it quickly with minimal touches.

Unread 06-02-2023, 12:37 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief
RE: the socks rolled down to show off his calves. I just googled to see whether he wears shin pads. I thought it was FA regulations to wear shinnys And have your socks pulled up.

The search showed a lot of the sites have been removed!?

Unread 06-02-2023, 01:28 PM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
I was talking about Grealish.

Unread 06-02-2023, 03:48 PM
GBMUFC2020

2 goals and 4 assists in 26 games this season is not exactly setting the world alight! His most annoying talent is the ability to roll over a dangling leg.

And the hair! Ioften wonder if he wears his "alice band" on a night out? Got a bit of Lingard in him I think.

Unread 06-02-2023, 03:49 PM
dunk

He got Romero sent off with that yesterday, played for the leg 100%
Closed Thread