United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2023, 11:54 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
It’s a no from me, need a player on the up not close to being on the way down.
We shouldn't be aiming for a slow 30 year-old who's best days are behind him, and has a history of ankle injuries.

Would be typical of United, but Osimhen and Vlahovic would be better buys.

Unread 21-01-2023, 12:07 AM
Baron

He’s incredibly underrated, would be extraordinary here as a goal scorer and a creator. Can you imagine this squad starting 3/4’s of games knowing you’ll score? He’s the best no.9 & no.10 in the league, £80m or so? It’s buying a title with this coach.

Unread 21-01-2023, 04:17 AM
Stickman

Would be a phenomenal transaction for us and him.

He needs the league title and so do we.

Year left on his contract so not paying silly money either.

Unread 21-01-2023, 04:33 AM
Travis Bickle

No brainer. He would offer us everything up front that we currently lack. £80m or so wouldn't exactly be a steal, but it would guarantee goals.

Unread 21-01-2023, 05:27 AM
Stickman

Strange train of thought to pass on him for someone younger who will likely never be as good as he is even now.

Make that signing the following season. Kane would be a sensation at Old Trafford.

Unread 21-01-2023, 06:34 AM
shenwen

Big big fan of Osimhen, but Kane is proven and ready, and adds much more to the team. Anything under 100m we should snap hands off. Does this rumour have legs or just silly season come early?

Unread 21-01-2023, 08:13 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
We shouldn't be aiming for a slow 30 year-old who's best days are behind him, and has a history of ankle injuries.

Would be typical of United, but Osimhen and Vlahovic would be better buys.
Vlahovic is absolutely nowhere near Kane"s level.

Unread 21-01-2023, 08:45 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Surely RVP was that?

It’s a yes from me anyway. Couple of years with him and a longer term plan to bring someone in to replace him.

Would be worth it just to listen to the English commentators not liking him as much as they do now.
I didn’t think of that…

Okay I’m in.

Unread 21-01-2023, 09:02 AM
Tuco

Big money signings with the first name Harry worry me.
Kane is superb though

Unread 21-01-2023, 09:05 AM
Switching Off

Should generally be looking at 25 and under but this guy gives us 3-4 years of 25 goals a season.

Send them Henderson and Maguire in return.

Unread 21-01-2023, 09:12 AM
dunk

I’d be ok with it, so long as we also buy the best possible prospect 19/20 year old we possibly can to learn from him and to fill in when he’s inevitably out for 3 months with an ankle injury every season.

Unread 21-01-2023, 09:43 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’d be ok with it, so long as we also buy the best possible prospect 19/20 year old we possibly can to learn from him and to fill in when he’s inevitably out for 3 months with an ankle injury every season.
So much depends on new owners. Kane would be a statement signing and I think they’ll want that regardless of the ‘plan’. It would be a statement signing that also fits. If it’s a bottomless pit from Saudi money, then I think we can expect two strikers, amongst others.

Unread 21-01-2023, 09:47 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Sesko?

Unread 21-01-2023, 09:50 AM
believe

This place is pretty funny.

Casemiro - he’s only 30 ffs
Kane - he’s 30 ffs

Unread 21-01-2023, 09:57 AM
Coracao

Kane and Osimhen are the only two of the required standard who could move, IMO.

They bring very different things tho.

Unread 21-01-2023, 10:15 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Kane and Osimhen are the only two of the required standard who could move, IMO.

They bring very different things tho.
Get both...

Jim'll fix it

Unread 21-01-2023, 11:11 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
No thanks ...
If he name was Harry van de Kane you would be all over it.

It will happen.

Unread 21-01-2023, 11:18 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
If he name was Harry van de Kane you would be all over it.

It will happen.
Good one mate...

Unread 21-01-2023, 11:30 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Good one mate...
It's funny cos it's true.

Unread 21-01-2023, 12:08 PM
MagnificentSeven

aren't we linked with him every summer?

on one hand he could be another van persie. iirc a few people were skeptical about him, how he was a crock, getting a little old, but of course the rest was history. also the idea that 25 million was a lot for a player of that reputation, which is mental given how in today's market a 2012 van persie would be worth at least 100m.

on the other, he could be another di maria, falcao, schweinsteiger, pogba, sanchez, ronaldo, etc. a big name, world class signing who ends up becoming a total flop.
Closed Thread