Unread 25-11-2022, 05:09 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Is he reliable?

Unread 25-11-2022, 05:36 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
You have him on fraud watch?

From what little I’ve seen he’s a big talent. Not what we need though unless eth thinks he can convert him.
From what i've seen he's basically a slightly better Rashford.

We need a striker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Left wing...

https://youtu.be/iqvw2s6f9ow

Maybe he has plans for rashford ??? I don't know, seems a strange one currently....

I mean we could buy Gakkers for £40m and sell Rashford for £60m and it'd be good wheeler-dealing, but do we put a premium on the local lad thing?

Maybe Haggers has seen something he doesn't like?

Gakkers is younger i suppose and might have a higher ceiling?

Unread 25-11-2022, 05:36 PM
20LEgend1999

We certainly need goals in the side, so I'm not sure this guy who keeps scoring loads of goals is the answer.

Unread 25-11-2022, 05:43 PM
andyroo

How prolific is he? That goal was class but what we need is numbers.

Unread 25-11-2022, 05:48 PM
atticusgrinch

Nice goal. He's got a cool name. He sounds like a wild west gunslinger.

Cody 'the dutchman' Gakpo.

Haggers has been right about every player so far... just go with whoever he wants tbh. He knows what he's doing.

Unread 25-11-2022, 05:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
No better than anything we already have. Looked average against Senegal.
This guy on football he's took windys crown ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
How prolific is he? That goal was class but what we need is numbers.
18 goals 16 assists in his last 40 odd games

Unread 25-11-2022, 05:54 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Decent, good balance of assists too. £#%&! it let's do this.

Unread 25-11-2022, 06:00 PM
Denis Irwell

Creates and scores goals but really, another left sided wide man?

Apparently spoke with Erik during summer.

Unread 25-11-2022, 06:08 PM
no fun

Desperately want him to sign so I can get my “pass to the dutchy on the left hand side” song going

Unread 25-11-2022, 06:11 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Desperately want him to sign so I can get my “pass to the dutchy on the left hand side” song going
Couldn't you do it with Malacia?*

* I'm not in any way recommending this.

OMG...

Unread 25-11-2022, 06:17 PM
dunk

Should’ve bought him the summer. Stupid bastard parasite owners.

Unread 25-11-2022, 06:25 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Not gonna go through, again, all of my correct calls. Let alone your wrong ones...

Unread 25-11-2022, 06:42 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Change it to ‘ Crutchie’ and you can sing it a couple of times each season when Martial plays.

Unread 25-11-2022, 07:00 PM
Joe Biden

Bobbins

Unread 27-11-2022, 02:25 AM
Denis Irwell

Reports claiming we have an agreement “in principle” for this lad in January.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...9.html?newsnow

Nothing quoted so, dunno….?

Unread 27-11-2022, 02:42 AM
Baron

The thing is, as good as he is & undeniably talented… he’s just not on Mbappe’s level which is where I think Utd should be looking for. We obviously can’t get Mbappe, is buying Gakpo just a stopgap? It’s better than no CF, or relying on Martial or Rashford being the ultimate pair of flakes but it’s not a talent that gets you off your seat, or a consistency of finishing that distinguishes him… the Dutch league has been littered with prolific players but very few who’ve translated that to being a worldie. & make no mistake, this team & club really £#%&!ing needs a talismanic forward player. We always have, it’s where they come to thrive. Gakpo isn’t a Van Persie, a Ruud & absolutely no Van Basten (dear god give me a Van Basten please) I think he’s a player full of confidence because he’s torn up an OK league - but the German league is better, by far, and we spent twice what’s asked for him on Sancho and seen him be eaten up by what the PL & Utd are.

I’m not averse to him being a Utd player, but he’s not going to lead anyone to the promised land. I’m dying for the latest instalment of maverick forwards that lead & mould a Utd side in their genius.

Just don’t know who that is tbh. Wouldn’t it be glorious if it were Garnacho tbh, seems to have more personality than anyone else.

Unread 27-11-2022, 02:57 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
The thing is, as good as he is & undeniably talented… he’s just not on Mbappe’s level which is where I think Utd should be looking for. We obviously can’t get Mbappe, is buying Gakpo just a stopgap? It’s better than no CF, or relying on Martial or Rashford being the ultimate pair of flakes but it’s not a talent that gets you off your seat, or a consistency of finishing that distinguishes him… the Dutch league has been littered with prolific players but very few who’ve translated that to being a worldie. & make no mistake, this team & club really £#%&!ing needs a talismanic forward player. We always have, it’s where they come to thrive. Gakpo isn’t a Van Persie, a Ruud & absolutely no Van Basten (dear god give me a Van Basten please) I think he’s a player full of confidence because he’s torn up an OK league - but the German league is better, by far, and we spent twice what’s asked for him on Sancho and seen him be eaten up by what the PL & Utd are.

I’m not averse to him being a Utd player, but he’s not going to lead anyone to the promised land. I’m dying for the latest instalment of maverick forwards that lead & mould a Utd side in their genius.

Just don’t know who that is tbh. Wouldn’t it be glorious if it were Garnacho tbh, seems to have more personality than anyone else.
Understand the skepticism mate, after some recent buys. If there’s any substance to this, it appears Erik is making an effort to get him and so far, he deserves a bit of trust. Or maybe he’s been told funds are restricted in January and this is the best he can do for now.

Unread 27-11-2022, 03:19 AM
Baron

When you get to spend £70-80m on Anthony, you’re operating in a rarified space. You could buy almost anyone, I want my team to scour the planet for the next gem or the rogue agent that needs a home. Utd have made their superstars. I don’t think of this club as managing very well with big sales tags and names. I don’t think ETH is seeking that either, he wants trust and talent. Gakpo probably has both but I don’t think he has stardust. That’s what we need. Maybe he’ll come and score 20, I’m yet to be convinced he’ll score 30 and have the personality to change the trajectory of the club. We need, badly, a big character who can get enough goals when it matters.

Unread 27-11-2022, 07:33 AM
armchair

Not like we're going to be "wow we were great then we signed Gakpo and it all went wrong."

Sign as many good players as possible especially if they want to join.

Unread 27-11-2022, 03:04 PM
MagnificentSeven

people on twitter (yeah i know) saying that he has potential to be converted into a striker the way henry and rvp were. maybe clutching at straws but food for thought.
Closed Thread