United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 01-10-2022, 08:29 PM
Danoli

Default The RAWK 2022-23 thread - the beginning of the end of The Klopp era

From RAWK

Back to the age thing. I seem to remember that someone familiar with Klopps time at Dortmund mentioned that he rarely had players over 30. We had six outfield players over 30 starting today.
Fab is 29 in a few weeks. We brought on a 37 year old
We've flogged these players for years and while it doesn't require a complete overhaul I'm struggling to see how we can play Klopp football with this age profile.
I feel we badly need midfielders with Diaz style energy. He plays like all our team once did.

The beginning of the end

Unread 01-10-2022, 08:39 PM
Sparky***

the left their 80 million quid striker on the bench for the whole game and have the audacity to moan they've had no money

Unread 01-10-2022, 08:45 PM
Finport Red

I still think they’ll stay up. Hope I’m wrong.

Unread 01-10-2022, 08:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
the left their 80 million quid striker on the bench for the whole game and have the audacity to moan they've had no money
Really?

Still think he’ll come good eventually, he’s not Mane or Firmino though.

Unread 01-10-2022, 08:57 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Think he came on as sub late on?

Edit ….89 mins

Unread 01-10-2022, 09:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
From RAWK

I'm struggling to see how we can play Klopp football with this age profile.

Unread 01-10-2022, 11:16 PM
Switching Off

They're lucky Welbz cant finish.

Unread 02-10-2022, 02:26 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Really?

Still think he’ll come good eventually, he’s not Mane or Firmino though.
dunno, a bad start can’t be crippling for a “9”!

He’s already becoming a figure of fun which he’ll no doubt be aware of.

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:04 AM
Dr Stranger

I must confess, I thought it was just a few cobwebs from last season, but they’ve been really off it for a while and Klopp can’t seem to get a rise out of them.

VVD
‘Trent’
Henderson
Salah

Are bang out of form. Milner looks finished. Nunez hasn’t settled and that goalkeeper, for all his big reputation, seems to have an awful lot of £#%&! ups in him (should have saved two of the three yesterday)

It’s an ageing team and they seem to rely a lot on their ability to strangle teams once they get some momentum. When they don’t have that, they’re very passive and easy to play against. Brighton absolutely tore into them again and again yesterday. So unlike Liverpool. And Klopp only
Knows one way.

Long may it continue 👍

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:55 AM
Pop

A six month Kloop breakdown would be a sight to behold. Nothing will ever top Dalglish's descent into urine soaked dementia but it could certainly be up there with Fat Rafa's.

Nuggets v Brighton...

- Klopp is off his rocker

- 4th would be an absolute dream

- I have no words

- This is insanity

- Genuinely astounded

- This is on the owners. They need to find the money to invest

- We had a fantastic 5 years. Now its back to top 4 battles

- Season over

- Am £#%&!ing fuming

- Looks like deliberate sabotage at this point, fair play to Klopp

- Pain

- I'm going to the £#%&!ing pub

- Nunez is shit, what a waste of money

- £#%&! off with comments like that

- You £#%&! off

- Honestly think we'll do well to finish in the top half

Etc.....

Unread 02-10-2022, 09:04 AM
Switching Off

They were shit in the final v Madrid. You could tell then this team were done and needed an overhaul. Selling Mane and giving Salah a massive pay rise was madness, as was paying 90m for Nunez or Diaz or whoever it was, when Klopp was on record as saying he would never do that. Should have bought a couple of midfielders instead.

Oh well.

Unread 03-10-2022, 03:58 PM
Stoned Moses

It's far too early to say this is the end of an era for Klopp.

Purely because 1 league title in 6 years is too early to be described as an era .

Unread 03-10-2022, 04:16 PM
dunk

They’re fast approaching the territory we’re in; they need 5 or 6 players, and can’t afford that many of the required quality.

Unread 03-10-2022, 04:49 PM
Finport Red

Thumbs up

Difficult to believe they were the best team in the entirety of world football history less than six months ago.

I like this new Liverpool.

Unread 03-10-2022, 05:09 PM
Dr Stranger

I think they’ll turn it around, but they’re already too far behind to mount a title challenge. That should be their expectation.

Said it last season, but this group of ‘mentality monsters’ is in danger of being one of history’s nearly men.

They bang on about record points totals and competing in every conceivable game last season, but history won’t remember that. They’ve been the best team for one season. The one where they pissed the league JUST after the world ended.

Darn. What a pity.

Aside from that, they’ve won a CL and been second best to City. And still managed to finished below us in the meantime.

They’ve been very good, but not good enough and the numbers don’t reflect well on them. They’re the Andy Murray of football.

Unread 03-10-2022, 05:18 PM
Wayne Jenkins

I was shocked when I saw that Fabinho is 28.

When I've seen him this season he's looked and moved like he's 50.

Unread 03-10-2022, 08:27 PM
Joe Biden

Its a season off cycle. They'll be back on the pumps next year.

Unread 03-10-2022, 08:38 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
I was shocked when I saw that Fabinho is 28.

When I've seen him this season he's looked and moved like he's 50.
Jesus, have you let dunk know?

Unread 03-10-2022, 08:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Its a season off cycle. They'll be back on the pumps next year.
They’re all in their 30’s and have or are hitting the brick wall.. Matip, VVD, Henderson, Milner, Thiago, Firmino, Salah all past 30, and like it or not everything slows down and gets tougher. He’s flogged the living shit out of the fullbacks.

Konate, TAA, Robertson, Diaz, Jota, and Nunez are a decent group to build round, and there are a couple of decent young players, but they’re going to need 4/5 top level players or shrewd signings in the next 2-3 windows to keep the momentum up, imo, and they don’t have the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Jesus, have you let dunk know?
28 and looks £#%&!ed. Probably better not pinning our hopes on signing 2 30 year old CM’s, really…

Unread 03-10-2022, 08:43 PM
Zorg

I've no doubt they'll come back, Klopp is a top manager, but it's been shocking to see how bad Van Dijk in particular and that 'Trent' £#%&!er have been.
They've certainly lost their aura of invincibility, and we all know what can happen after that.
Can see them wheeling out the poetry by Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They’re all in their 30’s and have or are hitting the brick wall.. Matip, VVD, Henderson, Milner, Thiago, Firmino, Salah all past 30, and like it or not everything slows down and gets tougher. He’s flogged the living shit out of the fullbacks.

Konate, TAA, Robertson, Diaz, Jota, and Nunez are a decent group to build round, and there are a couple of decent young players, but they’re going to need 4/5 top level players or shrewd signings in the next 2-3 windows to keep the momentum up, imo, and they don’t have the money.

28 and looks £#%&!ed. Probably better not pinning our hopes on signing 2 30 year old CM’s, really…
Not only that but they spent what they did have on the Portguese Andy Carroll.