United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2023, 03:18 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
But the thought of not winning trophies at Spurs does.

Unread 05-02-2023, 06:38 PM
suedeshoes

Absolutely superb again. He's a joy to watch. He'd be brilliant for United.

Unread 05-02-2023, 06:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
There may be others who fit a younger profile, but there isn’t a single player we could sign who would be more of a dead cert hit than him.

Unread 05-02-2023, 06:41 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He’s great. Genuinely brilliant. Him and Rice in the summer…

Unread 05-02-2023, 06:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Instead of Victor Osimhen, no ta...

(Scored two today)

Unread 05-02-2023, 06:47 PM
20LEgend1999

If there's any chance of getting him, he should be our number 1 target IMO. Such a fantastic player.

Unread 05-02-2023, 06:49 PM
dunk

Stays at Spurs, never wins a trophy.

Unread 05-02-2023, 06:54 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s great. Genuinely brilliant. Him and Rice in the summer…
I had a Chelsea idiot the other week trying to tell me that he wasn’t a truly world class striker

Although the same pillock thinks David Luiz was Mr Reliability and that Cesar Azpilicueta walks on water so I don’t have any respect for his critical faculties regarding football.

Unread 10-03-2023, 11:52 AM
Dr Stranger

I’d prefer someone younger, but I’m also not going to complain if we just whip the country’s best striker up.

As close to a sure thing as we could buy.

Unread 10-03-2023, 11:54 AM
windy waffles

van Persie vibezzzz.....

Unread 10-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Pop

As long as Utd don't pay ludicrous £100m+ money for him the club has my permission to pursue Harold.

Unread 10-03-2023, 11:58 AM
Dr Stranger

Maybe we could con spurs into a gormless Harry swap and ditch them with Slab.

Unread 10-03-2023, 11:59 AM
Bunker Buster

Prefer victor.....

Foreign strikers swoops > English club transfers

Unread 10-03-2023, 12:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Prefer victor.....

Foreign strikers swoops > English club transfers
Rooney shots fired

Unread 10-03-2023, 12:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Rooney shots fired
Young*

Unread 10-03-2023, 03:42 PM
Baron

30 in July, one year left on his deal - he has to move. He's got the all time Spurs goalscoring record, he knows he's done all he can there. They're simply not set-up to mount a challenge, manager after manager, failure after failure.

Levy won't let him play out his last season & pay the wages, how much does a top class player at 30 move for these days? Mane went to Bayern for €40m (if he hits targets) so you'd have to say something like maybe €50m flat for Kane? £10m wages saved & bonuses to put to a replacement. There's just no way they can afford not to take it.

We really need to put in a good showing toward the end of the season to maintain this progress & make it a no brainer.

Small chance Bayern swoop in, but you would have thought he'd want to come to Utd at that stage surely?

In reality I think Osimhen could be a better long term prospect, but Kane isn't about blistering pace & he's a severely underrated footballer, great eye for a pass - will be the consummate professional, no settling in, scores 25-30 a season regardless. It's as close to a slam dunk of a signing as you can make for what we need. Not to mention Osimhen will be twice as expensive given his age & contractual situation at Napoli & their chairman as well.

Unread 10-03-2023, 03:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
30 in July, one year left on his deal - he has to move. He's got the all time Spurs goalscoring record, he knows he's done all he can there. They're simply not set-up to mount a challenge, manager after manager, failure after failure.

Levy won't let him play out his last season & pay the wages, how much does a top class player at 30 move for these days? Mane went to Bayern for €40m (if he hits targets) so you'd have to say something like maybe €50m flat for Kane? £10m wages saved & bonuses to put to a replacement. There's just no way they can afford not to take it.

We really need to put in a good showing toward the end of the season to maintain this progress & make it a no brainer.

Small chance Bayern swoop in, but you would have thought he'd want to come to Utd at that stage surely?

In reality I think Osimhen could be a better long term prospect, but Kane isn't about blistering pace & he's a severely underrated footballer, great eye for a pass - will be the consummate professional, no settling in, scores 25-30 a season regardless. It's as close to a slam dunk of a signing as you can make for what we need. Not to mention Osimhen will be twice as expensive given his age & contractual situation at Napoli & their chairman as well.
He’ll want that premier league record too.

Plus he’s a simpleton and probably worries they won’t have findus crispy pancakes in Germany.

Unread 10-03-2023, 03:48 PM
Baron

Quote:
He’ll want that premier league record too.

Plus he’s a simpleton and probably worries they won’t have findus crispy pancakes in Germany.

Unread 10-03-2023, 04:06 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
As long as Utd don't pay ludicrous £100m+ money for him the club has my permission to pursue Harold.
The fee will be massive for a thirty year-old with lot of injuries behind him. Osimhen would be a better signing - quicker, younger, and isn't constantly dropping deep.

Unread 10-03-2023, 04:09 PM
dunk

I’ve got visions of Osimhen going for £150m in the summer tbh. Napoli likely champions and with a good chance of going deep in the CL, unless Napoli are sanctioned I can’t see them letting him go. Chelsea may pay something ridiculous to get him though. Offer Lukaku in part-ex maybe.

Kane for £40-60m would be a very decent alternative.

Still need another 2-3 players, at least. Dropping £100+m on one probably isn’t wise at this stage.
Closed Thread