Closed Thread

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:20 AM
thatsfuctit

Default Summer transfer window 2022

Perisic set for Spurs medical

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61632388

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:28 AM
Dasilvatwins

Villa have signed 3 city have haaland wrapped up . A few other clubs have players they’ve signed.

Meanwhile the single club which will need the biggest overhaul have been twirling their thumbs. £#%&!ing morons. Bit early to slag them off and I’m being harsh but they if don’t have a single transfer wrapped up by June 10th the pitch forks will come out

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:32 AM
Denis Irwell

Will blitz the PL. Wiggy knows.

Mou was right but was denied his own players and was cruel to Fatso, Pogba and Mard-arse Martial, whilst Woowoo picked the signings. Despite that, S till won more trophies than the other lot put together and won runners-up trophy. Not his fault the fat slug chose the players yet still came through with the goods.

Follow that, Erik.

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:43 AM
Jethro

Rumours are that multiple deals are being worked on currently hence no news. Obviously taking them with a pinch of salt but it wouldn't surprise me to see at least one this week.

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:47 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Villa have signed 3 city have haaland wrapped up . A few other clubs have players they’ve signed.

Meanwhile the single club which will need the biggest overhaul have been twirling their thumbs. £#%&!ing morons. Bit early to slag them off and I’m being harsh but they if don’t have a single transfer wrapped up by June 10th the pitch forks will come out
The transfer window isn’t open yet, and we’ve literally just had a brand new manager start his job ffs. You’d have to be a bit simple to think we’d have made signings by now tbh

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:47 AM
Coracao

Internationals are on now until mid June.

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:53 AM
AK14

I can see Eriksen on a free being our first announced signing.

I think we’ll get 3 or 4 overall.

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:09 AM
armchair

Will probably lock this thread later like I have every summer for years.

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:09 AM
dunk

We seem to have a few lined up, Timber, Torres, Nunez, FDJ are all on the go in some form or another and we seem to have a couple ready to go if we decide they’re the ones we want. Might be wishful thinking tbf.

Flogging players and getting some funds in are going to determine a lot of it. Talk Martial has been offered to 7 clubs and we’re trying to push that through, plus of course the other 12 that need to £#%&! off.

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:14 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:39 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The transfer window isn’t open yet, and we’ve literally just had a brand new manager start his job ffs. You’d have to be a bit simple to think we’d have made signings by now tbh
Yep. I'd be more worried if we already had four signings in the bag. The Woodward influence.

Patience. Didn't someone also mention the financial year ending on June 30? No idea what that means though tbf

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:40 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Yep. I'd be more worried if we already had four signings in the bag. The Woodward influence.

Patience. Didn't someone also mention the financial year ending on June 30? No idea what that means though tbf
Refers to the end of the financial year I think

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:46 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

new threads been increasing last couple weeks imo

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:50 AM
armchair

• Perisic set for Spurs medical
  • Villa rebuilding under Gerrard
  • Haaland at city
  • United haven't made one transfer and it's already 30th May
  • Mou was right
  • We are still paying the Woodward toll in the transfer market.
  • Internationals are on now until mid June
  • Eriksen on a free?
  • I have locked the transfer thread AGAIN.
  • Timber, Torres, Nunez and some guy called FDL would be good.
  • Why I'm glad we've made no signings.

Thread ideas from this thread. Might turn it into a podcast/newsletter.

Unread 30-05-2022, 12:03 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Where does it say you have to wait for the window to open to make a signing? They have known the manager from April. You’d like to think a club can operate on atleast 1 target and get him signed up . You have to be a bit simple to think that things should be prepared.

You’re making it sound like it would be impossible to consult and sign someone (im not even expecting a big name or more than one player) .

When the club so clearly needs so many players in so many positions it’s not so far fetched to think they could have atleast had signed one player by now. More so when the manager has effectively been agree since April.

I feel like you’d have to be a bit more simple thinking that a manager who was allowed to sign any players, wasn’t allowed to sell any players, had 5 months under the title of interim , had the worst dressing room to inherit and expected him to turn it around

Unread 30-05-2022, 12:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Perisic to Kane will be a theme.

Are we moaning we haven’t signed anyone literally as the season ends? 😂

ETH has barely had time to meet the canteen staff and gawp at the Munich clock yet.

We’ll be signing plenty this summer nqat. We’ve got a tight budget and need to be smart. I’m sure there would be plenty of complaints if it was us announcing the signing of a 33 year old winger.

Quote:
Where does it say you have to wait for the window to open to make a signing? They have known the manager from April. You’d like to think a club can operate on atleast 1 target and get him signed up . You have to be a bit simple to think that things should be prepared.

You’re making it sound like it would be impossible to consult and sign someone (im not even expecting a big name or more than one player) .

When the club so clearly needs so many players in so many positions it’s not so far fetched to think they could have atleast had signed one player by now. More so when the manager has effectively been agree since April.

I feel like you’d have to be a bit more simple thinking that a manager who was allowed to sign any players, wasn’t allowed to sell any players, had 5 months under the title of interim , had the worst dressing room to inherit and expected him to turn it around
I’d be surprised if all that isn’t happening behind the scenes right now, even if nothing is FISHAL yet.

Unread 30-05-2022, 12:33 PM
Ethers

Quote:

If you’re going to try and insult me and call me simple, I suggest you first learn how to string a coherent sentence together you oaf.

Yes we’ve known who the manager is since April, but he’s been a bit busy in case you hadn’t noticed. If he’s as diligent as I hope, he will not have had the time or resources to any extensive transfer planning, let alone actually get signings nailed down ffs.

We all want United to finally start signing the right players. That is all that matters, getting them done this early as some short of show of intent doesn’t matter at all, and in fact would point to things being rushed and not entirely of Ten Hag’s choosing

Unread 30-05-2022, 12:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
If you’re going to try and insult me and call me simple, I suggest you first learn how to string a coherent sentence together you oaf.

Yes we’ve known who the manager is since April, but he’s been a bit busy in case you hadn’t noticed. If he’s as diligent as I hope, he will not have had the time or resources to any extensive transfer planning, let alone actually get signings nailed down ffs.

We all want United to finally start signing the right players. That is all that matters, getting them done this early as some short of show of intent doesn’t matter at all, and in fact would point to things being rushed and not entirely of Ten Hag’s choosing

Unread 30-05-2022, 12:38 PM
dunk

Quote:

This. As long as we’re not signing shitbags on deadline day (so long Edi!) I think it’ll be fine.
Closed Thread