United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-11-2022, 09:48 AM
Street Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Finally! The light at the end of the tunnel draws near.
Will his head fit through it?

Unread 12-11-2022, 11:06 AM
Pop

Wonder if this will effect his performance at the World Cup?

Hopefully a hat-trick of own goals in each game during the first round is on the way.

Big £#%&!ing galoot.

Unread 12-11-2022, 01:59 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
People are talking about the likes of West Ham and Everton.

West Ham's highest earner Paqueta is on 150k a week. Everton have the likes of Doucoure and Iwobi on 120k a week.

Most (if not all) teams in the league aren't going to be stupid enough to match his wages, England captain or not.
You know I mean if they like they could just offer him more money than paqueta and doucoure. You’re not bound by your clubs highest earner.

Unread 13-11-2022, 06:17 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
You know I mean if they like they could just offer him more money than paqueta and doucoure. You’re not bound by your clubs highest earner.
Not sure they're going to smash their wage structure for a past-it donkey like Maguire .

Unread 13-11-2022, 06:37 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I feel like Newcastle would atleast sign one of vdb, slab, AWB. I know they have a style and all that shit but surely they must realise they also need “big names” to help progress the clubs reputation in the footballing world . Doesn’t get bigger than AWB and VDB .

Whether it actually happens is another thing . But theyre certainly dumb enough.
Van de beek and AWB wouldn't get in their side. Both utter shite.

Unread 14-11-2022, 03:49 PM
redhegemony

Must be very weird for him - used to be the main man at Leicester and Club Captain at United not having any part to play in a win like that yesterday.

Just treading water waiting to leave unless something happens to the other 3 centre halves.

I suppose him and Jones can fill in the time playing head tennis.

Unread 14-11-2022, 04:49 PM
92ToBury

The tune in Harry's head:

Unread 14-11-2022, 05:59 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Someone is going to be shifting a lot of soil...

Unread 14-11-2022, 06:02 PM
Sparky***

whatever you think of him as a footballer at least he's conducted himself as a proper professional and not acted the @#%&! like Ronaldo

Unread 14-11-2022, 06:04 PM
dunk

True. I think he’s a decent bloke tbf, just been massively over promoted.

If he’d stayed at Leicester his career would be ticking over quite nicely at this point. Probably would’ve been fine at City too.

Unread 14-11-2022, 06:12 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
whatever you think of him as a footballer at least he's conducted himself as a proper professional and not acted the @#%&! like Ronaldo
I know he earns a lot and all that, but I do feel sorry for him. His confidence is so obviously shot, its horrific watching him play in a Utd shirt and whats more his last interview I heard the guy sounded dreadful.

I hope England duty helps him, because god forbid he has a Phil Neville moment.

Unread 14-11-2022, 06:49 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's got a lot to be modest about though to be fair.

Unread 14-11-2022, 09:49 PM
GBMUFC2020

Is over

Unread 01-12-2022, 03:27 PM
Joe Biden

Talking

Unread 01-12-2022, 03:48 PM
Ethers

Having a very good World Cup so far, he’s been faultless.

Will be a lot of takers for him should we try to get rid, as was always gonna be the case tbf.

Unread 01-12-2022, 03:49 PM
Pop

I was going to post a translation until I realised that bloke was speaking English. Anyway here it is...

A member of the Ghanaian parliament has ruthlessly mocked Harry Maguire as he compared his country's vice president to the Manchester United star.

"If you are a fan of football, and I was happy to see the jubilation when Ghana won, but there was a player in the United Kingdom, in England called Maguire who was playing for Manchester United"

Harry Maguire, he's a defender. He was tackling everybody and throwing his body everywhere. He was seen as the best defender in the world, Manchester United were at the bottom.

"He became the biggest threat at the centre of the Manchester United defence, tackling Manchester players and giving assists to opponents. Mr Speaker, when you see the opponents go to score, Maguire will score for them."

"Mr Speaker, you remember in this country we also have an economic Maguire. This economic Maguire, we're clapping saying this man is the best in managing foreign terms"

"The same economic Maguire was at Central University delivering lectures on how to restore the value of the Cedi. Mr Speaker why we gave this Maguire the opportunity to be at the centre of our defence, he became the rest of our own goals.

"Why he thought he was the best in capital opportunity, he moved us to 40.4. Why at that time he was the best at managing the recession at nine per cent, he moved it to 54 per cent. Mr Speaker the biggest issue is now is that when we pay the appearance fee for this Maguire".

Unread 01-12-2022, 04:00 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Having a very good World Cup so far, he’s been faultless.

Will be a lot of takers for him should we try to get rid, as was always gonna be the case tbf.
He was at fault for the first iran goal then went off feeling dizzy

Unread 01-12-2022, 04:05 PM
Ethers

Nope, was Stones’ fault. Harry has probably been the defender of the tournament so far?

Unread 01-12-2022, 04:10 PM
silv

Quote:
Nope, was Stones’ fault. Harry has probably been the defender of the tournament so far?
Seems he's found his level, which is great

Unread 01-12-2022, 04:29 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Closed Thread