Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:50 PM
Patty_b

Default Harry Maguire's Man United career

Rip

Ten Hag aiming to sell Maguire next summer in Manchester United rebuild

Quote:
Manchester United will consider offers for Harry Maguire next summer, with Erik ten Hag intent on selling his captain to help fund a continuing overhaul of the squad. Maguire cost £80m but the club realise they may have to accept a considerable loss to sell him.

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:50 PM
dunk

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:51 PM
Sparky***

We'll end up having to loan him out like we do with all the rubbish we've accumulated over the last 5 years.

Nobody will pay them what we do

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:53 PM
NedKelly

Finally! The light at the end of the tunnel draws near.

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:53 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We'll end up having to loan him out like we do with all the rubbish we've accumulated over the last 5 years.

Nobody will pay them what we do
I feel like Newcastle would atleast sign one of vdb, slab, AWB. I know they have a style and all that shit but surely they must realise they also need “big names” to help progress the clubs reputation in the footballing world . Doesn’t get bigger than AWB and VDB .

Whether it actually happens is another thing . But theyre certainly dumb enough.

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:58 PM
Stickman

Newcastle or West Ham.

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:58 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I feel like Newcastle would atleast sign one of vdb, slab, AWB. I know they have a style and all that shit but surely they must realise they also need “big names” to help progress the clubs reputation in the footballing world . Doesn’t get bigger than AWB and VDB .

Whether it actually happens is another thing . But theyre certainly dumb enough.
Unfortunately, even the Saudis can’t afford a big enough basket for Harry’s head, when the inevitable bad performances come.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

Given that they appear to be run by people with an actual clue what they're doing I can't see that being the case. And lets not forget, if they go all out in January there's a good to fair chance they could finish above us in the league, i doubt they'll be shopping for our cast offs.

Wan Bissaka will go back to Palace for a modest fee and i can see Donny going back to Ajax maybe with Timber coming the other way.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:10 PM
armchair

Was going to start a thread earlier about him. He'd be decent if you are generally defending all game and hoping for a goal on the break. Playing him in a high line is actually laughable.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:11 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Was going to start a thread earlier about him. He'd be decent if you are generally defending all game and hoping for a goal on the break. Playing him in a high line is actually laughable.
Agree. And with that in mind, he’ll probably do well at the World Cup, where England will do just that and have two sitting right in front of the defence.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:23 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Agree. And with that in mind, he’ll probably do well at the World Cup, where England will do just that and have two sitting right in front of the defence.
And where the pace of the game is generally a lot slower.

He’s a rubbish player and it baffles me we even signed him, let alone made him captain. An utter donkey.

Also, he does that thing insecure men do where they hold their arms out wide when they walk, like they’ve got an invisible roll of carpet under each arm. I know that’s irrelevant but it makes me hate him even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Newcastle or West Ham.
Said it many times we should try do a swap deal for Rice. West Ham are quite cash rich aren’t they? If we offer 40m and Maguire for Rice I reckon they’d go for it.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:29 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
And where the pace of the game is generally a lot slower.

He’s a rubbish player and it baffles me we even signed him, let alone made him captain. An utter donkey.

Also, he does that thing insecure men do where they hold their arms out wide when they walk, like they’ve got an invisible roll of carpet under each arm. I know that’s irrelevant but it makes me hate him even more.

Said it many times we should try do a swap deal for Rice. West Ham are quite cash rich aren’t they? If we offer 40m and Maguire for Rice I reckon they’d go for it.
Aren’t their fans the type that go to England games and boo Maguire? Can’t see him going there. Maybe Leeds would take him. That would be nice.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:31 PM
Joe Biden

As said nobody is going to pay him the wages he's on here.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:31 PM
Mr_Ed

Old school 90’s clogger with no technical skills to suit the modern game. Bin.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:33 PM
dunk

Can see him being the type to take a cut to play tbh.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:38 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Aren’t their fans the type that go to England games and boo Maguire? Can’t see him going there. Maybe Leeds would take him. That would be nice.
I don’t think so. I know a fair few West Ham fans through living locally for a few years and they’re all self-deprecating and never fancy England’s chances but support them regardless. I think England fans in general across the country were booing Maguire because most people recognise he’s shit. Pretty sure all their defender are ancient and they’d probably view Maguire as an upgrade.

Moyes owes us.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:38 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can see him being the type to take a cut to play tbh.
He thinks he’s a baller, so will think ETH is nuts to be leaving him out. He won’t hang around stinking the place out for years like Jones. Will want to play. Leeds is lovely. Or maybe Jose would take him at Roma

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I don’t think so. I know a fair few West Ham fans through living locally for a few years and they’re all self-deprecating and never fancy England’s chances but support them regardless. I think England fans in general across the country were booing Maguire because most people recognise he’s shit. Pretty sure all their defender are ancient and they’d probably view Maguire as an upgrade.

Moyes owes us.
Zouma isn’t ancient and they spent big on a CB in the summer that got injured. Could see them going for him though.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Bye Harry thanks for the memes.....

Division 1 footballer,

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:46 PM
armchair

"Play as if you have pace" is his motto.
Closed Thread