United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2022, 04:45 PM
thatsfuctit

This was a hell of a cross, why there wasn’t someone arriving, near the corner flag, to knock it in, I’ll never know

https://youtube.com/shorts/eAnvxTvjOPk?feature=share

Unread 01-12-2022, 05:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

With England and at the WC he has ages of time on the ball with nobody really closing down proper. Even the US were doing it in stages but never fully committing with a high line.
It’s his level. Internationals tend to be a bit more direct and less technical.

Not good enough for United, hope his england performances raise his stock in other teams eyes falsely for a transfer of around 25-35 million

Unread 01-12-2022, 05:24 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Nope, was Stones’ fault. Harry has probably been the defender of the tournament so far?
Yep - he's done nothing wrong.

Such an easy target to mock. It's weird.

Unread 01-12-2022, 05:28 PM
Dr Stranger

I’m pleased for the big biff. I don’t like him as a player, but the amount of shit he’s got has been daft. Let him do well for England, build his stock and stay the hell out of the United team.

Unread 01-12-2022, 05:42 PM
Ethers

He’s clearly not right for those side and for what ETH wants to do with it, but there’s a more than decent defender in there for the level below the top sides.

Can’t stand seeing him on the team sheet, but he’s dealt with being dropped with a lot of dignity compared to Ronaldo. I wish him all the best tbh.

Unread 01-12-2022, 05:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He’s clearly not right for those side and for what ETH wants to do with it, but there’s a more than decent defender in there for the level below the top sides.

Can’t stand seeing him on the team sheet, but he’s dealt with being dropped with a lot of dignity compared to Ronaldo. I wish him all the best tbh.
Yep. Same. He’s a better player than we’ve seen in the last six months. There will be plenty of takers for him and rightly so. He’ll go on somewhere and do really well.

Unread 01-12-2022, 05:46 PM
wiganste

Yep - ship him out as soon as we can. However, I feel like there'll be no business done in January due to the sale of the club

Unread 01-12-2022, 06:26 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

He needs to play very deep in order to be effective. Liability for a footballing side. He may well look OK for England against this sub-standard level of opposition, but the presence of a player like him will be a systemic millstone when they try to push out when playing decent opposition (just as he was when City/Liverpool ran in 15 goals or whatever the count was last season) and ironically while his performance was praised, the mere presence of a player like Maguire encourages workman like performances as against the US.

Unread 01-12-2022, 06:28 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Yep - ship him out as soon as we can. However, I feel like there'll be no business done in January due to the sale of the club
Hoping the Glazers will want to clear out some of the deadwood to make the financials more attractive

Unread 01-12-2022, 06:28 PM
Drexl

Quote:
due to the sale of the club
I'm a bit worried about this: they only said they are exploring investment ideas

I hope we aren't stuck with them

Unread 01-12-2022, 07:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Yep - he's done nothing wrong.

Such an easy target to mock. It's weird.

Yes, he is.

Echo what's above. He's been excellent at the world cup, which is great for us because he's dogshit at club level and will have plenty of suitors.

Says a lot when ETH has preferred Lindelof when Varane is injured.

should get £30m for him. Only a £50m loss.

Unread 01-12-2022, 07:39 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Closing in on 30, and on 200k a week. Think the club will have to take whatever they can get for him. Awful captain.

Unread 01-12-2022, 08:29 PM
Denis Irwell

Yep. As bad as he’s been, and he has been bad, he has been exposed by zero midfield, the worst I can remember up until CAS arriving. Ok playing deep but when exposed in space, he gets done every time. Glad for him he’s having a good WC, glad for us we should get rid easily enough.

Unread 01-12-2022, 11:19 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMF4ynQGq/

Mentioned in Ghanaian parliament

Unread 01-12-2022, 11:22 PM
Finport Red

He’s done well at the World Cup. The only thing I’ve been more impressed with is how Marcus Rashford managed to curl the ball round his head for his first goal against Wales.

Unread 01-12-2022, 11:59 PM
dunk

Half of the issues at United that have ‘exposed’ him have been caused by him.

He’s a slightly above average CB, get him out of OT asap.

Lovely bloke though. If you’re not Greek.

Unread 02-12-2022, 12:03 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMF4ynQGq/

Mentioned in Ghanaian parliament
why are politicians talking about football players?

ohhh i see it makes them less culpable

Unread 02-12-2022, 08:08 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
why are politicians talking about football players?

ohhh i see it makes them less culpable
Well yes, but when they counter the economic Maguire strategy with the Lukaku offence…

https://twitter.com/Ikechuk2817/status/1598385130581917698?s=20&t=hNAjA0k9dzX6gtevBOvwZw

You have to concede 4-D chess is in operation in Ghana, this was before the game last night as well so he’ll be feeling smug today
Closed Thread