United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2023, 08:43 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Will city have their titles removed? Will city win the league again this year?

Why the £#%&! do you think city will win the league again this year? How can a club that won nothing for 34 years keep winning the league and getting to most of the major finals?

Does the prem league investigation cover this year or any of the years post 2018?
Because they have been financially doped by their owners. In other words: cheating. I think I've been pretty clear on that.

Unread 21-02-2023, 08:44 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
The arrogance on you. Trying to save face on what? That I made a post based on fact rather than emotions ? You actually think I know nothin about Qatari oil? Thats' actually quite amusing, given I worked in oil and gas media for two years, reporting on such things

And I would say more RAWK than Blue Moon. You'll be carrying religious icons with St Jim's head on them soon.
OK pal. I'd have thought if you'd known so much about oil you would have corrected the wum account instead of replying to it directly and adding weight to it's easily proven bullshit. Obviously not.

Unread 21-02-2023, 08:45 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
OK pal. I'd have thought if you'd known so much about oil you would have corrected the wum account instead of replying to it directly and adding weight to it's easily proven bullshit. Obviously not.
apology accepted

Also, I didn't say I know so much about oil. I said I know enough to be aware that Qatar produces the £#%&!ing thing.

And again, I didn't agree with Biden. I added to his post. I also wasn't being entirely serious.

Unread 21-02-2023, 08:50 AM
Arabian Red

Gas money Reds

Unread 21-02-2023, 08:53 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
apology accepted

Also, I didn't say I know so much about oil. I said I know enough to be aware that Qatar produces the £#%&!ing thing.

And again, I didn't agree with Biden. I added to his post. I also wasn't being entirely serious.
I love you shenners, you're one of my favourite posters, although I do still think you've had a nightmare over the last 12 hours

But I also understand where it's coming from.

Unread 21-02-2023, 08:53 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Because they have been financially doped by their owners. In other words: cheating. I think I've been pretty clear on that.
Nothing significant will happen. Everyone knows that. PSG won’t have their titles stripped ffs. They’re fairly opaque rules concerning fair play and sustainability of individual clubs and we know that Abu Dhabi will go to extreme lengths to protect their name against the accusation of cheating. They have unlimited resources to throw at defending themselves and the authorities know that. The uefa case against city the city manager and press all claim they were found innocent of all the charges and the world believes them and you want that kind of shit?

That ownership model and financial doping on an industrial scale in general is destroying football but you’re desperate for some of that pie. I find it weird as £#%&!.

Wanting to get rid of the glazers is 100% understandable - which is where most of this misguided shit stems from.

Swapping them for this shit isn’t.

Unread 21-02-2023, 08:56 AM
Arabian Red

Quote:
Nothing significant will happen. Everyone knows that. PSG won’t have their titles stripped ffs. They’re fairly opaque rules concerning fair play and sustainability of individual clubs and we know that Abu Dhabi will go to extreme lengths to protect their name against the accusation of cheating. They have unlimited resources to throw at defending themselves and the authorities know that. The uefa case against city the city manager and press all claim they were found innocent of all the charges and the world believes them and you want that kind of $#*!?

That ownership model and financial doping on an industrial scale in general is destroying football but you’re desperate for some of that pie. I find it weird as £#%&!.

Wanting to get rid of the glazers is 100% understandable - which is where most of this misguided $#*! stems from.

Swapping them for this $#*! isn’t.
When Qatar take over hopefully your superior houllier than thou morals will permanently keep you away from the club. I hear FC United is nice this time of year.

Unread 21-02-2023, 08:58 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Thats' actually quite amusing, given I worked in oil and gas media for two years, reporting on such things

Well well well. How the turntables.

Shillwen.

Unread 21-02-2023, 09:00 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabian Red
Gas money Reds
Might be a good time to stick this back over the Stretford end

Unread 21-02-2023, 09:13 AM
jem

Quote:
The uefa case against city the city manager and press all claim they were found innocent of all the charges and the world believes them
that is like saying the world believes russian agents just went to see the spire.

Unread 21-02-2023, 09:18 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I love you shenners, you're one of my favourite posters, although I do still think you've had a nightmare over the last 12 hours

But I also understand where it's coming from.
Appreciate your love but I really haven’t.

I’ve merely been playing devil’s advocate to some of the more bizarre claims.

I don’t Qatar to own us. I also don’t know what the better alternative is.

Quote:
Nothing significant will happen. Everyone knows that. PSG won’t have their titles stripped ffs. They’re fairly opaque rules concerning fair play and sustainability of individual clubs and we know that Abu Dhabi will go to extreme lengths to protect their name against the accusation of cheating. They have unlimited resources to throw at defending themselves and the authorities know that. The uefa case against city the city manager and press all claim they were found innocent of all the charges and the world believes them and you want that kind of shit?

Wanting to get rid of the glazers is 100% understandable - which is where most of this misguided shit stems from.

Swapping them for this shit isn’t.
I’m not desperate for anything. What’s weird how this discussion has devolved into assumptions and misrepresentations. Or maybe it’s not so weird. It’s a football forum after all.

All I said if you read back is that off field investment is not necessarily linked to on field success and is no way exclusive to oil companies. All that’s changed is the scale and the speed of growth (which is where the cheating comes in).

It’s like brexit on her right now. Say something that doesn’t fit the tribal narrative and your a remoaner or a brexidiot.

Unread 21-02-2023, 09:35 AM
Dr Stranger

Unread 21-02-2023, 09:38 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Appreciate your love but I really haven’t.

I’ve merely been playing devil’s advocate to some of the more bizarre claims.

I don’t Qatar to own us. I also don’t know what the better alternative is.

I’m not desperate for anything. What’s weird how this discussion has devolved into assumptions and misrepresentations. Or maybe it’s not so weird. It’s a football forum after all.

All I said if you read back is that off field investment is not necessarily linked to on field success and is no way exclusive to oil companies. All that’s changed is the scale and the speed of growth (which is where the cheating comes in).

It’s like brexit on her right now. Say something that doesn’t fit the tribal narrative and your a remoaner or a brexidiot.
Brexit’s pretty much done on here now. It’s a landslide victory for sense and logic proven beyond doubt and now accepted by all. Qatar ownership will prove to be the same but like brexit, it will cause irreparable damage to our club and our standing in the world before most will realise.

Unread 21-02-2023, 09:40 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Brexit’s pretty much done on here now. It’s a landslide victory for sense and logic proven beyond doubt and now accepted by all. Qatar ownership will prove to be the same but like brexit, it will cause irreparable damage to our club and our standing in the world before most will realise.

Unread 21-02-2023, 09:45 AM
believe

No one who ever buys us will do more damage than the glazers did.

Unread 21-02-2023, 09:45 AM
Denis Irwell

An awful lot of supposition.

If we get the Qataris, they might just grease the palms of our lovely media and they will love us again, just like the sixties. If we get Jimbo, they will probably dig up any shit possible on him whilst the Arabs have saved the game. They went easy on the Glazers because they stripped us to the bare bones. (Obvs playing devils advocate for those of a temperamental disposition)

Keeping an open mind until we know something. At the moment we know £#%&! all. God forbid, we might yet not even get rid of the leeches.

Unread 21-02-2023, 09:56 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No one who ever buys us will do more damage than the glazers did.
Financially I agree

But in terms of reputation and decency (if it still matters today) I think qatari ownership will plumb new depths

As I keep repeating, the image, history and DNA of united are sacrosanct to some, but the majority want trophies at any cost

Unread 21-02-2023, 10:15 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Looks like the movers and sheikers aren’t messing about.

No Glazers, US hedge funds or Brexit Jim.

Unread 21-02-2023, 10:19 AM
Dr Stranger

The friendly face of it all, to squeeze around the conflict of interest.

Unread 21-02-2023, 11:59 AM
shenwen

Quote:

Well well well. How the turntables.

Shillwen.

Chinese money running out. Got to put food on the table.

Apologies if I've been getting people's backs up today. Not my intention.

Just back from watching my eldest play. Great to watch a game in the early evening Spring sunshine. Some romance in the game out there still.
Closed Thread