Unread 02-03-2021, 02:05 PM
Pop

Post 21 @#%&!s.

I bloody love a bit of footer Jeremy.

Unread 02-03-2021, 02:12 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple sod
What's that got to do with anything though? If its all under control here in June and everyone's vaccinated then let's have it
He's a troll, and a shit one at that.

I wouldn't bother trying to engage with it tbh.

Unread 02-03-2021, 02:31 PM
est.1878

Just realised it will mean a resurrection of the "coming home" memes.

I'm out.

Unread 02-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple sod
What's that got to do with anything though? If its all under control here in June and everyone's vaccinated then let's have it
Because the government should be trying to sort out their shit show which has resulted in over 120,000 British families losing loved ones, instead of a PR campaign to distract the public with a £#%&!ing football tournament.

Celebrating this nonsense with back-slapping self-congratulations is an insult to everyone that has lost a relative, a business, life savings, or their mental health during the last 12 horrendous months.

Sort the country out from the ground up, instead of hollow gestures that are a lame attempt to win popularity with the masses, ffs.

Unread 02-03-2021, 02:45 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Surely it's completely impractical to have teams travelling all over europe - some places they're not even allowed..... or others where they have to quarantine for 10 days... some places where there's no fans allowed either.

Surely logic dictates get all the teams in one country?
Logic, UEFA. Does not compute

Unread 02-03-2021, 03:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Because the government should be trying to sort out their shit show which has resulted in over 120,000 British families losing loved ones, instead of a PR campaign to distract the public with a £#%&!ing football tournament.

Celebrating this nonsense with back-slapping self-congratulations is an insult to everyone that has lost a relative, a business, life savings, or their mental health during the last 12 horrendous months.

Sort the country out from the ground up, instead of hollow gestures that are a lame attempt to win popularity with the masses, ffs.
Do you not think that hosting the euros could help boost our flagging economy and provide much needed job and revenue at a time when people are going to be really struggling?

Unread 02-03-2021, 03:34 PM
Neo

Quote:
Do you not think that hosting the euros could help boost our flagging economy and provide much needed job and revenue at a time when people are going to be really struggling?
New jobs and revenue for a 4 week footy tournament when there's no fans? Hardly going to fix the trillion-pound debt, and incoming record youth unemployment, is it.

This is just another sign of popularity politics, when the government should be working on the critical long-term issues at hand, of which things like this will excuse them from actually addressing.

Unread 02-03-2021, 03:46 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
New jobs and revenue for a 4 week footy tournament when there's no fans? Hardly going to fix the trillion-pound debt, and incoming record youth unemployment, is it.

That lockdowns caused, of course.

Could get all the wuhan lads over to fill the stadiums

Unread 02-03-2021, 03:48 PM
Bunker Buster

There will be fans though, the 10k trial is due for the last few games....

Heard rumours of season ticket holders getting first dibs on all old Trafford games....

Big screens in parks, street parties and a sunny tournament...

It's going to be a great summer...

Unread 02-03-2021, 03:51 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Only in the short term though. It's not like there's going to be any legacy from hosting it.

Don't get me wrong, it would be great for us to step in and host it and possibly a big boost to any potential World Cup bid, but it is nothing more than distraction tactics from boris. He wants to pile as much feel good shit on as possible then maybe call an early GE.

Unread 02-03-2021, 03:55 PM
est.1878

Do you know what? Give me the hollow feel good...

I want haarp to give me three months of clear skies. A state funeral for greek Phil. A major football championship to distract with 12 pint trays pumped out by sub standard lager machines.

Unread 02-03-2021, 04:00 PM
triple sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Cancel the whole thing then until everywhere in Europe has 'sorted itself out from the ground up'. The whole continent has had a shitshow for the last 12 months

UEFA's original hosting idea was bonkers to begin with. If the super-soaraway, fully-immunised UK is best placed to host it this summer then so be it.

Unread 02-03-2021, 04:05 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
That lockdowns caused, of course.

Could get all the wuhan lads over to fill the stadiums
Well no, the pandemic caused it. The lockdowns have been an essential requirement to stop horrific death numbers and disastrous economic chaos that would have occurred had the Owens got their 'let it rip' way.

The problems that we're in are a direct result of the woeful mismanagement of the pandemic during 2020. Ascot, open borders, late lockdown, not-fit-for-purpose track and trace, premature lockdown easing, Eat Out To Help Out, schools opening for one day, the shitshow over Christmas etc. etc. etc.

Get the above stuff correct and lockdowns wouldn't have needed to be so painful, as many, many other countries have shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
There will be fans though, the 10k trial is due for the last few games....

Heard rumours of season ticket holders getting first dibs on all old Trafford games....

Big screens in parks, street parties and a sunny tournament...

It's going to be a great summer...
Could be. Or it could be the perfect recipe for an autumn/winter hell with Covid on the rise because of a reckless summer.

I'll put my faith in the scientists who have been spot on throughout the pandemic, as opposed to politicians looking to point-score.

Whitty should get the final say.

Unread 02-03-2021, 04:08 PM
est.1878

Whitty to diana Ross one actually in at the Stretford end to kick things off...

Giant Covid molecular figures burnt in the centre circle for ht show

Unread 02-03-2021, 04:56 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Whitty to diana Ross one actually in at the Stretford end to kick things off...

Giant Covid molecular figures burnt in the centre circle for ht show
If that happens, I'm all in.

I'll be in the middle of packed crowds of dippy JCL @#%&!s with my Germany Euro '96 top on. 'Möller 7' on the back.

Unread 02-03-2021, 04:58 PM
Jack Duckworth

the dutch playing at bloomfield rd

#itscominghome
Closed Thread