United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-06-2021, 01:06 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Waffles isn’t just waffling this time. I’ve seen him wear that hat in shade so he’s just an oddball. Get rid.
Of Waffles? Agreed.

Unread 15-01-2022, 07:34 PM
AK14

Any truth in the story about him walking out of training midweek?

If so sell the #@&%! TONIGHT etc.

Unread 15-01-2022, 07:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Sellable asset who should have been moved on. Same with Tuanzebe.

Both should have been sold by now.

Unread 15-01-2022, 07:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Sellable asset who should have been moved on. Same with Tuanzebe.

Both should have been sold by now.
Yeah that’s fair

We’d probably get 40-45m for them which would buy us another VDB

Unread 15-01-2022, 08:30 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

He wouldn't be in the squad if so

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
He wasn’t on Monday. The walkout was allegedly Sunday.

£#%&! him off and buy a proper keeper ffs.

Unread 15-01-2022, 10:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Depends on the reasons.

Unread 15-01-2022, 10:09 PM
My Name is Heath

I don’t blame him being pissed off.

World Cup next year. He can’t be a benchwarmer.

Unread 15-01-2022, 10:54 PM
windy waffles

People wanted him to be our #1...

Won't dig up old posts as it could be very embarrassing for some...

Unread 15-01-2022, 11:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Appreciate it pal.

Unread 15-01-2022, 11:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Would still make him our No.1. All 4 keepers need £#%&!ing off tbh.

Heaton can stay as 4th choice tbf.

Unread 16-01-2022, 03:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Would still make him our No.1. All 4 keepers need £#%&!ing off tbh.

Heaton can stay as 4th choice tbf.
Let ddg go once his contract is up and sell Henderson for 30-40m

Use the money to bring in a replacement. Would be the logical thing to do obvs…

But reality is we’ll sell Henderson for 10m after holding onto him for a couple more years and give Dave a 6 year contract on ridiculous wages. He’ll then turn back to being a massive fanny as soon as the ink has dried on the new deal.

Unread 16-01-2022, 03:53 PM
tatty

I think Henderson is a better long term option than ddg.

It won’t be too far in to the future when we will be hunting for a new keeper and probably be sat wishing we’d kept Henderson.

He might not be very top class but he’s more than good enough…especially considering the money that is going to be needed to be spent elsewhere in the squad.

Unread 16-01-2022, 08:21 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

It won’t be too far in to the future when we will be hunting for a new keeper and probably be sat wishing we’d kept Henderson.

He might not be very top class but he’s more than good enough…especially considering the money that is going to be needed to be spent elsewhere in the squad.
This…. Hope it saves digging some posts up

Unread 16-01-2022, 08:41 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

Christ, I agree with Tatty

Unread 17-01-2022, 01:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

What makes you think he would be good enough? Get rid of him. Focus on the CM and CBs/FBs first. Then in 3/4 years time sign a new GK.
If they want to be proactive they can get some scouts to look for a new keeper to sign in a few years.

Then when the time comes make an informed decision on the data they have collected.

We don’t need to hold onto a reserve keeper on 100k a week to play him in 4 years time. It’s this type of piss poor planning that contributes to the clubs position and state.

Unread 17-01-2022, 02:38 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
What makes you think he would be good enough? Get rid of him. Focus on the CM and CBs/FBs first. Then in 3/4 years time sign a new GK.
If they want to be proactive they can get some scouts to look for a new keeper to sign in a few years.

Then when the time comes make an informed decision on the data they have collected.

We don’t need to hold onto a reserve keeper on 100k a week to play him in 4 years time. It’s this type of piss poor planning that contributes to the clubs position and state.
Agreed. Asset management has hamstrung us. Feels like we've done the same with Martial and Rashford.

Unread 17-01-2022, 02:46 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Agreed. Asset management has hamstrung us. Feels like we've done the same with Martial and Rashford.
Rashford I think had two consecutive seasons of 20 goals. He really has only dipped the last year or so. England didn’t help and I doubt his shoulder injury did either.

Martial should have been binned the moment he was breaking club rules with Jose.

People like lingard who I believe had a very good Loan spell at West Ham still here. It doesn’t make sense then. I think the managers are toeing the board line and saying they want to keep them when in reality the board just don’t want to let players go.

Same with Henderson 100k a week for a bench keeper. That’s madness.

One for the financial experts, does having players on the books on contracts count as club asset and increase club value/share?

Say we are paying out 50 million pounds a year on wages. Does that count towards value or impact anything that would help the greedy owners with their shares?

I’m genuinely starting to think unless they can get money I.e the value of their contract they rather keep a player than let him go for free.

Ole and ralf now haven’t played VDB yet both said they want to keep him st the club. That isn’t right. The manager is being told to follow the board IMO
Closed Thread