Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2020, 02:46 PM
tatty

A kant spayk!

Unread 22-10-2020, 02:55 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’m not sure if this is a wind up, or a troll, or whether you really believe this, but ok, i’ll bite. I’m not sure if you know anything about The Scottish Player’s past, but he was an extremely late developer. He wasn’t a Rashford or Greenwood type, ready for first team action at 18, in fact the biggest doubts about him at 17 were size - he was really small. He lost three years to injury just growing.

He’s only been what you would call a regular for just over a year. His attitude is great and he’s learning his trade. If you haven’t seen enough really good performances from him by now to be at least optimistic then I don’t know what you’re watching. I don’t know whether he’ll reach his full potential, none of us ever do with young players, but from what I see his top side is immense. His attitude is something we should be looking for from all our players.

Regardless, this is who we are and this is what we do; we bring young players through and we give them a proper chance. You can’t say you like our history with the academy then want nothing to do with what it takes to develop graduates. It’s easy to forget the Co92 had their pony periods early on and they came into a much better side. If this site were around then you’d have had people calling for all of them to be tinned at one time or another.
Hi Scott

Unread 22-10-2020, 03:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’m not sure if this is a wind up, or a troll, or whether you really believe this, but ok, i’ll bite. I’m not sure if you know anything about The Scottish Player’s past, but he was an extremely late developer. He wasn’t a Rashford or Greenwood type, ready for first team action at 18, in fact the biggest doubts about him at 17 were size - he was really small. He lost three years to injury just growing.

He’s only been what you would call a regular for just over a year. His attitude is great and he’s learning his trade. If you haven’t seen enough really good performances from him by now to be at least optimistic then I don’t know what you’re watching. I don’t know whether he’ll reach his full potential, none of us ever do with young players, but from what I see his top side is immense. His attitude is something we should be looking for from all our players.

Regardless, this is who we are and this is what we do; we bring young players through and we give them a proper chance. You can’t say you like our history with the academy then want nothing to do with what it takes to develop graduates. It’s easy to forget the Co92 had their pony periods early on and they came into a much better side. If this site were around then you’d have had people calling for all of them to be tinned at one time or another.

That's quite a lot to digest.

Firstly, I'm not trolling or winding up anyone. I understand United aren't the team they were but that doesn't mean i should suddenly start forgetting what the standards that this club set are.

Secondly it's one thing putting out a couple of workhorses in midfield to get about a team of perennial bottlers and flat track bullies like PSG, it's quite another when we come up against a well drilled, well motivated team who are quite happy for the likes of The Scottish Player and Fred to have the ball because, and i can't stress this enough, they do absolutely £#%&! all with it.

The Scottish Player is 24 next month I think and Fred is 27. This is the best they're ever going be and i'm afraid it's pretty average. Now, you can take this for what it is - my honest critique of two individual players, or you can take it as some weird personal sleight and start bringing in 'what it means to be a fan' and all that. Either way, I honestly truthfully, couldn't give a flying £#%&!.

Unread 22-10-2020, 04:07 PM
utd99

It’s fair enough for you to criticise SM on a game by game basis or even a run of games, but what criteria are you using to conclude this is “the best he’s ever going to be” outside of pure pessimism?

Unread 22-10-2020, 04:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That's quite a lot to digest.

Firstly, I'm not trolling or winding up anyone. I understand United aren't the team they were but that doesn't mean i should suddenly start forgetting what the standards that this club set are.

Secondly it's one thing putting out a couple of workhorses in midfield to get about a team of perennial bottlers and flat track bullies like PSG, it's quite another when we come up against a well drilled, well motivated team who are quite happy for the likes of The Scottish Player and Fred to have the ball because, and i can't stress this enough, they do absolutely £#%&! all with it.

The Scottish Player is 24 next month I think and Fred is 27. This is the best they're ever going be and i'm afraid it's pretty average. Now, you can take this for what it is - my honest critique of two individual players, or you can take it as some weird personal sleight and start bringing in 'what it means to be a fan' and all that. Either way, I honestly truthfully, couldn't give a flying £#%&!.
Seems a bit disingenuous to frame PSG in that way, when you could also as easily say they’re European finalists and one of the top sides in the Champions League.

If they had performed like that against someone like Brighton, then I’m sure it would have been all

“Let’s see how well they do in the champions league against PSG”

Unread 22-10-2020, 04:45 PM
rubbernecker

Well this is a turn up for the books

Nintendo taxi driver manages to buzzkill thread and turn it into me me me again

Unread 22-10-2020, 04:50 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

This. Post 99’ers.

Unread 22-10-2020, 04:51 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 22-10-2020, 04:57 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Seems a bit disingenuous to frame PSG in that way, when you could also as easily say they’re European finalists and one of the top sides in the Champions League.

If they had performed like that against someone like Brighton, then I’m sure it would have been all

“Let’s see how well they do in the champions league against PSG”
"perennial bottlers" who hadn't been beaten in 16 years in the groups, Sparky badly needs to get his eye in

Unread 22-10-2020, 05:32 PM
bosskeano

was sparky taking the piss out of Fred and McT when they came back from the COVID break and were the main CM pairing that put United on that long unbeaten run and helped get us into the CL???

i mean ffs ....it's no different than that donkey Henderson that Klopp used alongside fabinho and keita to help that lot win the £#%&!ing league...those guys sure as £#%&! aren't the most skillful midfielders the premier league has ever seen

Unread 22-10-2020, 05:38 PM
AK14

Quote:

Bloody hell thats harsh on 99ers

Unread 22-10-2020, 05:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 22-10-2020, 05:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Unread 22-10-2020, 05:47 PM
ryanMUFC

Absolute gladiators. Could teach a few round here a thing or two about hard work..

Unread 22-10-2020, 09:02 PM
bosskeano

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2020/10/.../marwanharraz/

Unread 22-10-2020, 09:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Absolute gladiators. Could teach a few round here a thing or two about hard work..
Good lord

Unread 22-10-2020, 09:11 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Good lord
Will be interesting to see how bunks reacts to that

Unread 22-10-2020, 10:02 PM
Camel

mctom has plenty of time to improve, in fact, he looks totally like he's gonna boss it physically. technically? we will see.

fred is shit. in fact, worse, unreliable shit.

Unread 22-10-2020, 10:39 PM
Sparky***

Unread 22-10-2020, 10:40 PM
AK14

Quote:
Block headed @#%&!!

Pogba ffs!!11!!1!1!!
Closed Thread