United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-10-2021, 02:23 PM
wiganste

I like Scott but Fred can £#%&! off. He costs us time and time again

Scott is a good squad option, Ole's blind spot with Fred is worrying, But even more worrying is our lack of genuine options in those positions

Unread 05-10-2021, 09:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
State.

Your defence of Matic is absurd as your championing of Valencia as a midfielder. You’ll take that as a compliment because you’re a pig headed mentalist.
I only defend matic against stupid complaints. he's better than fred, he can hold players off, he has a lovely turn of pace (usually with the ball, admittedly) and he rarely wastes possession. we absolutely shouldn't be relying on him, but he is currently our best midfielder and shows it every time he plays. anyone who says he is slow or only passes sideways is an idiot.

if we had valencia now, he would walk into our team at right back or dm. to put it in context, I suggested he should play dm when we had poor options and he would have been a better option.

a young matic and a young valencia, both playing dm, would win us the league. we need to find them.... and fast.

Unread 06-10-2021, 05:58 AM
My Name is Heath

We have Lindelof raring to go there.

He WOULD be the perfect stop-gap DCM.

Unread 06-10-2021, 06:40 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
We have Lindelof raring to go there.

He WOULD be the perfect stop-gap DCM.
Would genuinely try it before ever seeing Fred there again.

Unread 09-10-2021, 06:59 PM
andyroo

McTommers just scored a last minute winner for Scotland

Unread 09-10-2021, 07:25 PM
Ethers

Scored with his #@&%!. Fergie in the stands going mental. Scenes.

Unread 09-10-2021, 08:00 PM
AK14

M#@&%!inay

Unread 09-10-2021, 08:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Scored with his #@&%!. Fergie in the stands going mental. Scenes.
At least something he has in common with Scholes then.

Unread 09-10-2021, 09:17 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Sancho is like Beeky. He's used to quick short intelligent passing and moving.

That's not really Ole's way. I'm not sure what Ole's way is, but it sure as shit isn't that.
Ole doesn't know what his way is himself.

Unread 30-10-2021, 07:36 PM
Vedder

Thought The Scottish Player was good tonight

Fred though you’ve gotta laugh

Unread 30-10-2021, 07:37 PM
Sparky***

They're shit but they have the right attitude. Let's not get it twisted though - spurs are shocking

Unread 30-10-2021, 07:38 PM
armchair

They did their job but, as I've said before, it's two mediocre players doing what one top class player could do by himself.

Unread 30-10-2021, 07:44 PM
Patty_b

I like The Scottish Player, strong, likes to move and pass forward and his range of passing seems to be improving all the time. But he needs someone next to him that allows him to be released a bit more without having to constantly worry about picking up the majority of the defensive slack in midfield.

Fred. £50 million.

Unread 30-10-2021, 08:01 PM
Vedder

The Scottish Player spraying the balls wide tonight

Unread 30-10-2021, 08:04 PM
AK14

The Scottish Player is a very good player imo

He’s been out of form this season but he’s got the talent nqat

Get the DM sorted and let him be the B2B and he’d flourish.

Unread 30-10-2021, 08:06 PM
saffers

I like both players actually and really hope they flourish under new management.

They seem to find it tough playing in a two unless there is significant protection at the back but thats most midfielders these days. Not many can survive as a duo in a 4231.

Unread 30-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Taken a 5-0 defeat for The Scottish Player to wake up

Fred- diabolic.

Bin the pair of them, first chance...

Unread 31-10-2021, 12:52 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They're shit but they have the right attitude. Let's not get it twisted though - spurs are shocking
Given the form of both Villa and Everton since playing us, that alone means little.

Unread 31-10-2021, 05:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Taken a 5-0 defeat for The Scottish Player to wake up

Fred- diabolic.

Bin the pair of them, first chance...
Agree. McT looked okay today except for when he lost the ball in front of his own box, but even then he's not the level needed.

Fred is a lost cause.

Ole really nailed his balls to the walls on these two. A infectious smile can take you a long way in football it seems.

Unread 31-10-2021, 09:31 AM
MUFC One Love

The Scottish Player looked like he was told to impose himself more at half time and he did. Rest of the team seemed to push up and play with more authority.

I think one of Ole's problems is he pays to nuch respect to the opposition. The Scottish Player was strolling through them, we need to make it more uncomfortable for teams because we have the players.
Closed Thread