United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2022, 10:40 AM
AK14

Just as the noise of a split changing room starts to disappear up steps rashy and is PR team to reignite it all.

If PSG offer 50m+ let him go.

Unread 12-01-2022, 10:42 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I think he gets a lot of leighway off of some United fans because he is a Manc...

And a lot of excuses are made for him.
Who's making excuses for him here....? Across the board people are saying he's been shit and needs to sort himself out...

Apology accepted.

Is leighway in manchester?

Unread 12-01-2022, 10:44 AM
silv

Quote:
I think he gets a lot of leighway off of some United fans because he is a Manc...

and rightly so... surely home grown players should be cut more slack than others?

Mancunians in having empathy with fellow Mancunians shock horror

Unread 12-01-2022, 10:44 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He was dropped for the previous 2 games? No Ronaldo or Sancho for this one, Martial is ostracised and out of the reckoning it would seem. All of a sudden we’re short of forwards

The lad is having a bad time, he’s one of about 15. He looked brighter first 20, but then the whole team did, he tired horribly and got seriously frustrated. Can tell his confidence is shot as he wants the ball to feet in nice safe areas all the time. He has to be forced to run towards goal atm. Once they found some space for him last 5 of the first half down the right he got in 3 times, as Greenwood on the left was able to play the switch while facing goal. Rashford’s lack of confidence with the ball led to poor execution/decisions.

I’m baffled by the insistence on the wide players rigidly sticking to the wings and always being inverted. It wasn’t working beyond the first 20, they switched by accident for the last 5 of the first half and Mason got in round the back on the left and smashed a ball across goal and Rashford got in and went outside on the right, which he refused to do on the left, 2/3 times. 2nd half reverted to inverted and both managed very little. Switch it up ffs.
The inverted wingers thing does my head in. I don’t mind switching it up but to keep setting us up like that over and over again is so frustrating, especially when it’s not paying off at all.

Not saying he was anything other than bang average here, but as far as I remember nearly every time Dan James started, we looked better as a team (not saying much I know), and I’m convinced it’s simply because he was a traditional winger and suddenly we didn’t look so one track minded.

Quote:

There’s been 2 and a half pages worth of posts in the last day and the vast majority of them are criticising Rashford.

Also it’s leeway for Christ’s sake.

Unread 12-01-2022, 10:46 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
The inverted wingers thing does my head in. I don’t mind switching it up but to keep setting us up like that over and over again is so frustrating, especially when it’s not paying off at all.

Not saying he was anything other than bang average here, but as far as I remember nearly every time Dan James started, we looked better as a team (not saying much I know), and I’m convinced it’s simply because he was a traditional winger and suddenly we didn’t look so one track minded.

There’s been 2 and a half pages worth of posts in the last day and the vast majority of them are criticising Rashford.

I said some. Not necessarily people on here.

Go £#%&! yourself you weird, obsessed troll.

Unread 12-01-2022, 10:49 AM
Whip Hubley

:rattled:

Unread 12-01-2022, 10:50 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
I said some. Not necessarily people on here.

Go £#%&! yourself you weird, obsessed troll.
You were addressing someone on here

Unread 12-01-2022, 10:52 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
You were addressing someone on here
Was I addressing you?

No, i am sure whip can talk for himself you bell.

Unread 12-01-2022, 10:53 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Was I addressing you?

It’s a public forum

Unread 12-01-2022, 10:54 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Was I addressing you?

Happy to let Ned talk for me in this instance. Crack on Ned.

Unread 12-01-2022, 10:54 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
:rattled:
It’s what I do.

Unread 12-01-2022, 11:17 AM
andyroo

Quote:
If Leigh was in Manchester it would've worked.

Unread 12-01-2022, 11:22 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
would have been genius...

Unread 12-01-2022, 11:22 AM
Boring Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
:RIC:

It is actually in Greater Manchester, so you could argue it does work.

:RIC:

Unread 12-01-2022, 11:56 AM
Bion

If this is true, there is hope for him yet, wouldn't give him a new contract thou

Unread 12-01-2022, 12:07 PM
NedKelly

Wish he’d stop leaking things and focus more on feeding kids.

Unread 12-01-2022, 12:26 PM
Lodestar

Not sure if already posted but the Telegraph today has an article Why Manchester United are to blame for Marcus Rashford's Slump followed by the article strap line 'No United manager has ever given the proper coaching or the arm around the shoulder he needs'.

FFS. This is why modern football is so vacuous. He's been indulged big time by the Club, who even endorsed his sjw crusade when his only job is scoring goals or creating them. You don't win football matches with likes.

Unread 12-01-2022, 12:30 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
https://twitter.com/UtdPlug/status/1...254652929?s=20

If this is true, there is hope for him yet, wouldn't give him a new contract thou
You could see that he modelled his free kick taking on Ronaldo's knuckleball, so it makes sense. Saw CR as a hero when he was growing up, wants to emulate him. Fingers crossed he comes through and we get a better Marcus out the other side.

Unread 12-01-2022, 12:44 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
You could see that he modelled his free kick taking on Ronaldo's knuckleball, so it makes sense. Saw CR as a hero when he was growing up, wants to emulate him. Fingers crossed he comes through and we get a better Marcus out the other side.
If he could emulate ronaldo and go play in Spain asap I’d be delighted

Unread 12-01-2022, 12:53 PM
Drexl

I actually think he stopped running for that tap in because he was sick of other players being greedy and not passing

not condoning it, but...
Closed Thread