United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2011, 02:30 PM
andyroo

Default Re: This away form malarky

I actually think we will win a few of these. The team's not great but we've got more balls than most of the challengers.

If we absolutely must lose one please God let it be Marseille.

Unread 21-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
You not watched any of our away games this season or something?

[DOOM]More than likely our hopes of 'number 19' will be all but over after these games are done.[/DOOM]
£#%&! it - i'm feeling confident

by the time we've finished at anfailed we will still be top of the league in a similar if not better position.

Unread 21-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I actually think we will win a few of these. The team's not great but we've got more balls than most of the challengers.

If we absolutely must lose one please God let it be Marseille.

We are going to win the league at The Emirates this year btw

Unread 21-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Ginners

i think we'll beat chelsea and wigan, draw marseille and lose to liverpool.

Unread 21-02-2011, 02:34 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
After some of the horror shows we've had on the road, I wouldn't take anything for granted.
Indeed. We have yet to play very well in any game at all. However, I think our best two performances have been against better sides, Spurs and Ciy, where we had our 'big game' head on. Very little up front, admittedly, but solid and tough to break down. The win in Valencia was also one of our better performances away. I think the bigger games will bring the best out of us. I think we'll have a pretty good idea of where we're at after the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Unread 21-02-2011, 02:45 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
I'd probably take that....

There's too many games left to be looking down the list and saying 'draw, win, win, draw, lose' etc. Points will be dropped. Points will be dropped by Arsenal too though. Experience tells us that. What you can never tell is where and when. We all knew the unbeaten record would go, but not many would've predicted at Wolves. Arsenal threw away a 4 goal lead in a game most people would've had 'win' next to. The most immediate issue is simply that the away performances are just not good enough. Too many goals conceded, lacklustre and complacent up front and nowhere near vibrant and ruthless enough. If, IF we can sort this out then the rest will take care of itself. If we don't, then we'll get what we deserve: Nothing. It's up to us. We're in pole position despite dreadful away performances. We can either kick on from that, or carry on til it eventually comes back to haunt us.

Time to step it up. If anyone can, we can.

Unread 21-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Captain Marvel

Blackpool
Bolton
Stoke
Fulham
Spurs

are not easy away fixtures.

Unread 21-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel
Blackpool
Bolton
Stoke
Fulham
Spurs

are not easy away fixtures.
which is why we only won 2 of them.

Unread 21-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
didn't know spurs were playing marseille tbh

It looks like the league is going to be won on home form - providing we keep that up, and scrape a few of the 'easier' away fixtures we should be ok. But more than ever this season the title is probably going to rest on the games against (in particular) arsenal, and possible chelsea/the dippers. the result against citeh will be increasingly important I think... if we win the league by 2 points, I think we can safely say that goal is the best that's ever won a league
Closed Thread