Unread 13-04-2021, 09:51 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Sane has been poor in both legs IMHO
been awful

Unread 13-04-2021, 09:53 PM
Fat Al

I think Herr Flick will be in trouble with his superiors now.

Unread 13-04-2021, 09:53 PM
armchair

No top class team in europe atm.

Unread 13-04-2021, 09:55 PM
Sparky***

They won't beat City. Not playing like that.

City won't be as wasteful as bayern were

Unread 13-04-2021, 10:02 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They won't beat City. Not playing like that.

City won't be as wasteful as bayern were
PSG missed a lot of chances - think they will always create chances with the pace of Mbappe. Much depends on whether the ref buys Neymar's diving.

Unread 13-04-2021, 10:17 PM
Buck

Neymar was great tonight. Not as many flicks or tricks but just taking the direct route and running past players.

Unread 13-04-2021, 10:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
PSG missed a lot of chances - think they will always create chances with the pace of Mbappe. Much depends on whether the ref buys Neymar's diving.
Or Sterling's

Unread 13-04-2021, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
PSG will £#%&!ing destroy city.....
Very much in "believe it when I see it" territory here, their past history surely tells against this happening.

Unread 14-04-2021, 10:07 AM
Dr Stranger

I think City’s biggest challenge will be psychological as much anything else.

There’s no standout team in Europe these days. Anyone left could win it and it just all feels a bit crap with Covid. The more glamorous games and competitions show it up more.

Unread 14-04-2021, 10:09 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Very much in "believe it when I see it" territory here, their past history surely tells against this happening.
If you watched any of the two legs they were absolutely rampant at times, could easily have had 10 goals, think they'll have far too much for city.....

Unread 14-04-2021, 10:13 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
If you watched any of the two legs they were absolutely rampant at times, could easily have had 10 goals, think they'll have far too much for city.....
I wouldn’t bank on City getting past Dortmund just yet either. Plenty left in that one.

Unread 14-04-2021, 10:17 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I wouldn’t bank on City getting past Dortmund just yet either. Plenty left in that one.
Oh, I'd agree....

Loads of football left in that, away goal was crucial...

Unread 14-04-2021, 10:20 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Oh, I'd agree....

Loads of football left in that, away goal was crucial...
City just don’t seem the same in Europe. Helped by teams not falling over themselves to lose to them like they do in our league

Get that giant lab accident Haaland charging at them from minute one.

Unread 14-04-2021, 11:52 AM
Ronny

Jamie let’s his prejudices show.

Unread 14-04-2021, 12:13 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny

https://youtu.be/TwIzZW4hMCo
slightly silly to suggest that the league must be good if psg can win the cl. the whole point is that the psg can get into the cl every year and focus on it because the rest of the league is shit. spitty's point is that the best players shouldn't be playing in that league. they don't stop being the best players just because they play in it, though.

Unread 14-04-2021, 12:26 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
slightly silly to suggest that the league must be good if psg can win the cl. the whole point is that the psg can get into the cl every year and focus on it because the rest of the league is shit. spitty's point is that the best players shouldn't be playing in that league. they don't stop being the best players just because they play in it, though.
no

but united won the CL twice in my life time - both when they won the league in the same year

What pisses me off is when we last won it - we also won the league to achieve a double, that's some going and it annoys me it didn't get more recognition. Especially in a physical league like this - don't forget Liverpool haven't done that, nor have chelsea.

PSG winning the CL is good for them, but like Carragher said, it's a knock out competition.... and their piss easy league is a huge help to achieving this.

PSG's wealth and the poor league they're in strengthens some people's argument of a super league - the only meaningful games they get are in Europe.

Unread 14-04-2021, 12:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny

https://youtu.be/TwIzZW4hMCo
He might be right, I don’t know or really care tbh

But Jesus Christ he’s such a condescending and whiny little #@&%!.

You can tell he seriously thinks what he has to say is so much more important than any of the others on that show.

Unread 14-04-2021, 12:37 PM
Sparky***

carragher is obviously spot on.

What he should have said was "if the french league was any good, all the top french players would play there. Where do they all play?"

Unread 14-04-2021, 07:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
But they could still very plausibly have gone out - if anything, that is actually my point.
Closed Thread