United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-04-2021, 06:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
and yet, there are still people who think that it's not working at all under ole
Somebody came on to post yesterday, but only to praise Pogba

Unread 12-04-2021, 07:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Somebody came on to post yesterday, but only to praise Pogba
Jesus christ, it’s every £#%&!ing thread.

Unread 12-04-2021, 07:57 PM
armchair

underrated if anything.

Unread 12-04-2021, 08:50 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
This is the part where AK14 calls scarface out I believe.
£#%&! me v Granada even Lucy mea#@&%! would have improved us. Lets not start acting top just because we beat a god awful Spurs team.

Lets see if he wins something, rather than failing in the semis AGAIN. Then maybe he'll get a 6/10 score for the season.

Performance was really good v Spurs.

Unread 12-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Hyman_Roth

Tbf, have struggled recently with how shit we’ve been and no sooner had I made my concerns public then boom, one of the best performances of the season.

It’s like Ole knew I was struggling and delivered a blast of perfection specifically for me. Sounds preposterous but think about it? Fiercely pro ole from the start - often when few were - felt like I carried his credentials on my shoulders for a time - and then as soon as I start questioning things, he delivers that

It’s like he knew what I’ve done to support him and felt he needed to do something for me. For once.

Thanks ole, appreciated.

#ole4life

Unread 12-04-2021, 09:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Tbf, have struggled recently with how shit we’ve been and no sooner had I made my concerns public then boom, one of the best performances of the season.

It’s like Ole knew I was struggling and delivered a blast of perfection specifically for me. Sounds preposterous but think about it? Fiercely pro ole from the start - often when few were - felt like I carried his credentials on my shoulders for a time - and then as soon as I start questioning things, he delivers that

It’s like he knew what I’ve done to support him and felt he needed to do something for me. For once.

Thanks ole, appreciated.

#ole4life
So you could have sorted out recent performances by just wanting it more?

Wait, did YOU knock us out the FA Cup?!

Unread 12-04-2021, 10:00 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
So you could have sorted out recent performances by just wanting it more?

Wait, did YOU knock us out the FA Cup?!

Unread 13-04-2021, 08:07 AM
MagnificentSeven

obviously he's not without his flaws as a manager, but whether we achieve trophies or not under him, one thing's for sure, and that's that the team will be in a much better condition when he leaves compared to when he first took over. the foundations are being laid, nqat.

Unread 13-04-2021, 05:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Jesus christ, it’s every £#%&!ing thread.

No it isn't.

And would that post have bothered you had anyone else on the forum made it?

Unread 13-04-2021, 06:25 PM
Vida_15

don't think we can speak financially but on the pitch, the academy and the way the football is headed....we're in so much better shape now then arguably since Fergie retired

Unread 13-04-2021, 09:07 PM
redhegemony

It's not just the football on the pitch he's reshaping the squad which was a horrible bloated mess. Still a way to go but it's looking much healthier.

Unread 13-04-2021, 09:16 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
It's not just the football on the pitch he's reshaping the squad which was a horrible bloated mess. Still a way to go but it's looking much healthier.
Fellaini
Young
Valencia
Darmian
Herrera
Rojo
Smalling
Romero
Lukaku ( decent finisher shit at everything else)
- on loan looking to leave
Andreas
Lingard
Dalot

list of rubbish players that didn’t deserve to be at club or outstayed their welcome by about 3 years.

That’s only in two years. Still some to get rid off like jones . He’s got rid of a full eleven and had to restructure and bring players in whilst being handicapped by Woodward and judge.

He hasn’t been perfect but he’s done a decent job of it so far. Enough for optimism and promise, with some good moments of going mad PSG game, the city game when pogba scored twice , smashing Leeds etc

Unread 13-04-2021, 10:00 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
the city game when pogba scored twice
eeeeeerrrrmmm

Unread 13-04-2021, 10:04 PM
AK14

Wasn’t that game under Mourinho?

Pretty sure it was because I remember calling the come back at HT when we were down a couple of goals.

Unread 13-04-2021, 10:11 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Wasn’t that game under Mourinho?

Pretty sure it was because I remember calling the come back at HT when we were down a couple of goals.
Ah fs, it was. My mistake.

Unread 13-04-2021, 10:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ah fs, it was. My mistake.
Only reason I remember it is because it’s the first and only time one of my wild predictions have come true

Unread 14-04-2021, 01:32 AM
Red_Rizla

I have full respect for Ole. I like how he has gone about the clear out, how he has conducted himself in interviews, talking straight and taking no shit. I admire the way he has set us up to play attacking football, whilst also being firm in defence. Yes, we all want better, but you really cannot grumble at four defeats, (you can)

He has stood firm with Henderson as number 1, has got Shaw playing as his potential suggested, and is encouraging, demanding the United way.

Unread 14-04-2021, 01:47 PM
Vida_15

hell....just clearing out all the dead shit that was bought under Jose, Moyes and LVG is enough to warrant a statue outside for Ole ffs!!!

he's at least bringing in decent talent and promoting the youth players

Unread 15-04-2021, 11:56 AM
MagnificentSeven

he learned the game under fergie. not many current managers out there who "get us, la" the way he does. people have this impression that you need to have decades of experience to manage a top club like united, but actually understanding what the club is about is a huge factor and as long as you have that, experience isn't always the priority.

look at pep at barca, or zidane at madrid. neither had much experience when they took over, but they both knew their clubs inside out, and won a trophy or two in the end.

but he's just a pe teacher who once got cardiff relegated according to some, including some of our own fans.

Unread 15-04-2021, 12:24 PM
sweetleftfoot

Some great points above that need remembering when certain posters knees begin the jerking motion following a defeat or poor performance.

Cleared all the dead shit, done well with what signings he has made, and when we are good we are great. He will also be well aware what we need in the squad. He also knows what Joel and Avram will give Ed.

Count to ten. Remember who he is and what he has done. Remember all clubs have bad results. Think about the 2nd half at Spurs and then post. Balance.
Closed Thread