United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who will finish higher in the Premier League this season?
Manchester United 28 52.83%
Tottenham Hotspur 25 47.17%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 15-03-2021, 08:25 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I'd take finishing outside the top 4 if it meant we won the fa cup or europa.

Winning a cup would be massive for us and Ole.
Just the small problem of Citeh in the final...

Mind you, it’s the underdog and defensive performances that he thrives upon so you never know.

Thank god he’s gone.

Unread 15-03-2021, 08:28 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Poch had them at a champs league final before the gloom monster took over. Arsenal will overtake them this season from being relegation threatened. Spurs fans want Mou out too and they’re playing small margins shite football.

Has the potential to be a horrific season for them which is just wonderful.

Separate note but I prefer the saffers wummary to tronics Japanese water torture. Tronics has gone from an average of 1 post every month to 1000’s a day as soon as the bites kept coming.
I don't know why it's a wum to suggest for teams like Spurs and United in trophy droughts that a cup is bigger than reaching top 4. We got top 4 last season and ended up crashing out of cl group stage. Big woop.

Poch suffered at Spurs despite reaching the cl final. I mean just look at their results. It was clearly a squad in decline. Mourinho is a legend but they made a mistake not keeping faith in Poch and instead removing the underperformers. It's not surprising that it is hard for Spurs to gain any consistency when you still have many bluffers there.

It's up to Levy now. He will probs end up sacking Mou instead of rebuilding that squad but hopefully Mou can say he at least ended Spurs trophy drought vs City next month.

Unread 15-03-2021, 09:22 AM
Hyman_Roth

Not sure I mentioned top 4 v trophy. Everyone runs to these types of childlike contests but I’m not sure you have to. I’d like to finish 2nd with the gap between us and city not greater than it is now and I’d ideally like to win a pot too.

If we do that I’ll be delighted, if we don’t I’ll be a bit meh about it. But finishing in the top 4 is the owners priority whether you like or not and my priority is sticking with a manager who is making great progress and has our best interests at heart.

Unread 15-03-2021, 02:32 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Surprised so many had Spurs finishing above us but we did look shaky in that period I guess and it was before our good run in December/January
We were 7 days into our season.

Quote:
I don't know why it's a wum to suggest for teams like Spurs and United in trophy droughts that a cup is bigger than reaching top 4. We got top 4 last season and ended up crashing out of cl group stage. Big woop.
Since spurs last won a trophy we have won:

3 x Premier League
3 x League Cup
1 x FA Cup
1 x Europa League

#droughts

Unread 15-03-2021, 03:33 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
We were 7 days into our season.
Talking about the poll primarily, started Novemberish. And referring to why so many on here who seemed to plump for Spurs to finish above us. Spurs were going well, we were going poorly. Hadn't won a single home win all season iirc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Since spurs last won a trophy we have won:

3 x Premier League
3 x League Cup
1 x FA Cup
1 x Europa League

#droughts
Nobody said the droughts were equal chief. We're a much bigger club than them. We've not won a cup of any note since 2017. For us thats a huge drought.

Spurs have their own issues obviously, 2008 is a long time ago. City in the final. Does Big Mou Mou still have it in him? Bringing a cup to Spurs, beating Fraudiola in the final in the process. Would be phenomenal. Could leave Spurs with his head held high!

Unread 15-03-2021, 03:46 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Talking about the poll primarily, started Novemberish. And referring to why so many on here who seemed to plump for Spurs to finish above us. Spurs were going well, we were going poorly. Hadn't won a single home win all season iirc?
Fair enough, thought this was taken right after the spurs match but think that may have been a different poll, pol.

Quote:

Spurs have their own issues obviously, 2008 is a long time ago. City in the final. Does Big Mou Mou still have it in him? Bringing a cup to Spurs, beating Fraudiola in the final in the process. Would be phenomenal. Could leave Spurs with his head held high!
He took over while they were in or around Europa spots and after their biggest window in a decade they are still in the same place. This for a club that had consistently finished in the top 4 prior to him joining. At best he will match the glorious reign of Juande Ramos, best not to die on the Mou hill chief.

Unread 15-03-2021, 04:59 PM
Tronics

getting rid of Poch was easily the worst decision Spurs have made in recent years

Unread 15-03-2021, 07:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
getting rid of Poch was easily the worst decision Spurs have made in recent years
No, he had lost his touch there and an amicable separation should have been best for both parties.

Unread 04-04-2021, 09:51 PM
20LEgend1999

Football

Just an update for everyone ahead of the big game next week.

Spurs have dropped 15 points from winning positions this season.

United have gained 25 points from losing positions this season.

Imagine how much better those numbers would look if we had a plan B.

Unread 04-04-2021, 09:52 PM
red in cumbria

Last chance for Mou Mou to do something about it next week, hope we are switched on from the outset for that one.

Unread 11-04-2021, 06:31 PM
20LEgend1999

Unread 11-04-2021, 07:20 PM
dunk

Touch and go imo.

Unread 11-04-2021, 10:20 PM
puressence

Thread of season

Unread 12-04-2021, 09:03 AM
Dasilvatwins

You can probably excuse the majority but there were a certain few who genuinely believed Tottenham would finish above us

Unread 12-04-2021, 11:48 AM
Sloppy

Few fredsters were 'active' on here yesterday but didn't post. Strange that 🤔

Unread 08-05-2021, 02:23 PM
20LEgend1999

[SIZE="4"][OFFICIAL] United will finish higher than Spurs this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redacted
Easy this.

Barring an injury crisis spurs will finish higher.
Quote:
Really - not a single one of ours except for Fernandes would get into their opening XI.

Seriously - don't give me that 'Spurs are weak' mentality. This isn't the usual Spurs. They've got the best forwards in the league - at least up there with Liverpool - and a canny manager.

Not a chance we'll finish ahead of them unless there's some insane event.
Quote:
i won't be on here searching this oddball's posting history to score smiley points from strangers on the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redatticus
Cooomeeee on youuuuu spuurssssss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAKted
Spurs above us and beaten us 1-6 at OT with poorer squad?

They must have a decent manager tbf.
Quote:
Things can change quickly, but as it stands, we’re nowhere near.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
spurs have chelsea away arsenal home liverpool and palace away leicester home wolves away next 6 games .. ..lets put our chas and dave albums away till boxing day
Quote:
We’ll finish 3rd-6th.

We’ll be 15 points + off the top.

And that gap to the top will likely get bigger than smaller as the season goes on.
Quote:
Look forward to the end of the season when you are claiming a 25 pt gap is a success as it has come down from over 30
Quote:
Big Mou is taking spurs to unprecedented heights.

His team have more league goals at old trafford this season than our own manager's team have managed. In one half.

And people still side with Noddy over the greatest manager we've had since Ferguson.

Facts people. Facts. Shhh.
Quote:
Spurs are top of the league and playing cohesive consistent football. Mou has been there less than a year.

Meanwhile, after Ole's 2 years in charge, we look worse than when he had just taken over.

The longer he is in this job, the more time we waste in comparison with our rivals.
Quote:
when spurs win the league, I'll be convening a trial in the best interests of forum harmony.

Usually I'd leave this to Keith - but he's number 1 on the indictment

Unread 08-05-2021, 02:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

I’m gonna go with us.

Unread 08-05-2021, 02:29 PM
dunk

Unread 08-05-2021, 02:39 PM
Sparky***

Unread 08-05-2021, 02:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
[SIZE="4"][OFFICIAL] United will finish higher than Spurs this season.
That Redacted is a #@&%!...
Closed Thread