United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-11-2020, 02:46 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Holdsworth
As much as the Cumberland Sausage is basically later stage prostate cancer to this forum

Unread 23-11-2020, 03:22 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

Quote:
As much as the Cumberland Sausage is basically later stage prostate cancer to this forum, he is right on Fletcher.

Back then the midfield trio of Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick was a match for anyone.
No idea who you are, but why don’t you do us all a favour and £#%&! off back under your rock you horrible @#%&!.

Unread 23-11-2020, 08:09 AM
Reg Holdsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

No idea who you are, but why don’t you do us all a favour and f*** off back under your rock you horrible c***.
Sorry pal. Very poor attempt at dark humour on my part, apologies

Unread 23-11-2020, 08:24 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Sorry pal. Very poor attempt at dark humour on my part, apologies
This is no place for dark humour.

You and the Kumbrian Kave Killer are spot on of course - Fletcher genuinely would have been a major factor if he had played and it's only the Playstation Posse who don't understand team dynamics who underestimate him.

Unread 23-11-2020, 09:14 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Is this load of old %@#$&!s still doing the rounds?
you doubting the words of the second greatest man utd manager

Unread 23-11-2020, 07:34 PM
red in cumbria

I wasn't that bothered by it tbh.

Unread 20-12-2020, 07:29 PM
AK14

Both great

Imagine a proper DM behind them with Bruno infront..

Rashers and Greenwood up front and we’d walk the league.

Unread 21-12-2020, 03:15 PM
utd99

Big fan of the work McT and Fred do, but I think some moderation is called for. Leeds had no midfield, so that game was tailor made for our centre midfielders. If you can’t shine in a game like that, you can’t shine period.

I think if we’re patient with him, we could have a top midfielder on our hands with The Scottish Player.

Unread 21-12-2020, 03:19 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:

I think if we’re patient with him, we could have a top midfielder on our hands with The Scottish Player.

He's decent. Top no.

Unread 21-12-2020, 03:25 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic

He's decent. Top no.
He was a late developer. He still has tremendous upside potential if allowed to develop, and his attitude is first class.

Unread 21-12-2020, 03:29 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
He was a late developer. He still has tremendous upside potential if allowed to develop, and his attitude is first class.
He showed yesterday how effective he is in the final third. A lot of our downfall is when our two defensive midfielders tend to sit and try to make the front 4 and our left back attack the oppositions two banks of 4.

He doesn’t need to get into the box but just play slightly forward and a bit more aggressive when we are in those games we can’t break down and it would work wonders.

The downside is that we have a shit defence and without the two sitting Infront the opposition can walk right through our team. Get a Cb or a proper Defensive midfielder and in a funny way it will improve our attack as we can then commit more players forward.

Unread 21-12-2020, 03:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He showed yesterday how effective he is in the final third. A lot of our downfall is when our two defensive midfielders tend to sit and try to make the front 4 and our left back attack the oppositions two banks of 4.

He doesn’t need to get into the box but just play slightly forward and a bit more aggressive when we are in those games we can’t break down and it would work wonders.

The downside is that we have a shit defence and without the two sitting Infront the opposition can walk right through our team. Get a Cb or a proper Defensive midfielder and in a funny way it will improve our attack as we can then commit more players forward.
Correct. At the moment Ole is limited in his options because of the fragility of our back four.

Unread 21-12-2020, 03:47 PM
Vida_15

these two guys were fantastic yesterday....tactically very disciplined and quick to counter and get into the attack for support

i don't think Bielsa and Leeds were expecting that especially from The Scottish Player as he hasn't really shown that to be part of his game

Unread 21-12-2020, 04:05 PM
armchair

Unread 21-12-2020, 04:32 PM
utd99

No way he’s Keane or Scholes mould. A young Schweinsteiger possibly.

Unread 21-12-2020, 04:40 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
No way he’s Keane or Scholes mould. A young Schweinsteiger possibly.
that's a bit mental to compare him with either of those two....he doesn't have the nastiness of keano nor the ball skills of scholesy

he is more like Darren Fletcher and how Fergie utilized him in big matches

Unread 21-12-2020, 04:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
these two guys were fantastic yesterday....tactically very disciplined and quick to counter and get into the attack for support

i don't think Bielsa and Leeds were expecting that especially from The Scottish Player as he hasn't really shown that to be part of his game
Disagree with that

He’s shown his ability to get forward before but he’s usually deployed as a holding mid, which he isn’t.

He’s a natural box to box midfielder and has the attributes to become one of the best in that position imo.

Unread 21-12-2020, 04:45 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
that's a bit mental to compare him with either of those two....he doesn't have the nastiness of keano nor the ball skills of scholesy

he is more like Darren Fletcher and how Fergie utilized him in big matches
I like Fletcher and think he was underrated, but I think The Scottish Player’s potential is far greater.

Unread 21-12-2020, 04:50 PM
Vida_15

agree with both statements utd99.....fletcher was severely underrated by most except the guy that mattered in Fergie.

Scott has greater potential as he's better on the ball and a much more physical player with a better engine

Unread 13-05-2021, 11:15 PM
Vedder

Closed Thread