United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-03-2023, 12:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
So let me get this straight:

When Casemiro was sent off last week, they judge it on its merit and say it’s a a red.

When Mitrovic gets sent off, it’s measured against an offence committed by a United player that went unpunished.

Where were all the equivalent similar examples last week - and surely all of them not being reds is the reason Casemiro thought he could challenge in the way he did

Well done to Gallagher for not going with it and simply pointing out that the two situations aren’t the same.

Unread 20-03-2023, 01:37 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

When Casemiro was sent off last week, they judge it on its merit and say it’s a a red.

When Mitrovic gets sent off, it’s measured against an offence committed by a United player that went unpunished.

Where were all the equivalent similar examples last week - and surely all of them not being reds is the reason Casemiro thought he could challenge in the way he did

Well done to Gallagher for not going with it and simply pointing out that the two situations aren’t the same.
The argument from that presenter. Yeah, I'm sure Mitrovic was at home watching the United game thinking "ooh, I might have a go at that myself in the next game."

I like also how they call it "touching the ref"

Unread 20-03-2023, 01:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
The argument from that presenter. Yeah, I'm sure Mitrovic was at home watching the United game thinking "ooh, I might have a go at that myself in the next game."

I like also how they call it "touching the ref"
Gallagher at least laughed that off. Literally.

Unread 20-03-2023, 02:04 PM
jem

Quote:
Gallagher at least laughed that off. Literally.
he should have asked "did a presenter ask a £#%&!ing stupid question a couple of weeks ago that made you think you could get away with this shit?"

Unread 20-03-2023, 02:15 PM
madhattricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Perfect explanation. Could Bruno have been yellow carded? Yes and most would not have complained. But what he did was a bit petulant. What Mitrovic did had malice. It’s not just the touching. He turned the head ref around in order to scream in his face. Anyone that cannot see the difference is being deliberately obtuse.

Unread 20-03-2023, 02:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhattricks
Perfect explanation. Could Bruno have been yellow carded? Yes and most would not have complained. But what he did was a bit petulant. What Mitrovic did had malice. It’s not just the touching. He turned the head ref around in order to scream in his face. Anyone that cannot see the difference is being deliberately obtuse.
Of course they are. It’s absolutely absurd that a team could concede THAT penalty, react in THAT way and then we end up talking about something Bruno Fernandes did three weeks ago

It’s also pissing me off that people are saying Fulham were comfortable until Willian did that. The incident didn’t come out of nothing. We created a move that saw Sancho clean through on goal. It was an unnecessary action where there was no threat. It was a desperate attempt to stop a certain goal. Take out the hand ball and it’s 1-1 with 20 minutes to go.

Unread 20-03-2023, 03:57 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:

Fairplay to him indeed, however i don't reckon the media will be asking him for any opinion's in the future because he did'nt come out with the sort of nonsence in which the jealous ABU's were hoping to hear

Unread 21-03-2023, 10:19 PM
The taste of...

FFS …State of some on here at 11 v 11

Unread 23-03-2023, 03:12 PM
Ethers

We’ve somehow been charged

Unread 23-03-2023, 03:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Seems fair 👍

Unread 23-03-2023, 03:24 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhattricks
That's the Obtuse, ABU's guilty as charged every single time they open their mouths then

Unread 23-03-2023, 04:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
wtf?

Unread 23-03-2023, 07:05 PM
armchair

Our players were protecting the ref, if anything.

Unread 23-03-2023, 07:17 PM
Sparky***

smacks of them feeling like they have to do something to offset the Bruno thing

Unread 24-03-2023, 12:21 PM
wiganste

If only the ref did what he's paid to do eh? None of the nonsense would have taken place if he gave the penalty in the first place

Unread 25-03-2023, 01:18 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Should be another pen.
Your right it should have been but the ref bottled it, as he was frightened of the uproar from the press/media(of whom always say what the jealous ABU's want to hear) if he had awarded, United 2 penalty's in the same game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
smacks of them feeling like they have to do something to offset the Bruno thing
That will be it, as the press/media started comparing the 2 incidents as soon the game finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Our players were protecting the ref, if anything.
100% correct but sadly that is to difficult for the Premier League or The FA(for that matter), to get their heads around!

Unread 27-03-2023, 04:37 PM
thatsfuctit

Marco Silva: Fulham boss receives further FA charge relating to FA Cup loss at Manchester United
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65090167

Unread 27-03-2023, 05:25 PM
BigJim

Funny how all these managers conveniently have collective amnesia over all the shit decisions that go their way.

Unread 04-04-2023, 04:52 PM
madhattricks

Mitrovic gets 8 game ban.

Unread 04-04-2023, 06:59 PM
Fat Al

Cue the granny stabbing vermin mewling & wailing & demanding a similar ban for Fernandes.