United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I'm mainly at the disbelief and gallows humour stage. I skipped clinical depression as I'd prepared myself for this scenario as soon as Mourinho got the job tbh, it was always going to be shite and blow up in our face.
I retained hope (and it was just mere hope) that he might change.

I at least thought we'd be better before we inevitably imploded.

This is just like any other Mourinho tenure....apart from the bit where we're actually good.

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I retained hope (and it was just mere hope) that he might change.

I at least thought we'd be better before we inevitably imploded.

This is just like any other Mourinho tenure....apart from the bit where we're actually good.
I had the faintest of hopes but was far too cynical about the man and his behaviour and football in general, never mind in his last 2 jobs, to honestly believe it would work.

Think I posted in his appointment thread that he might get a trophy or 2, maybe even a title, but it would be shite and be nightmare when he left and we'd be worse off. It was inevitable. Turns out I gave him too much credit, somehow The minimum I expected was to be physically competitive and organised and he's even failed at that.

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
I had the faintest of hopes but was far too cynical about the man and his behaviour and football in general, never mind in his last 2 jobs, to honestly believe it would work.

Think I posted in his appointment thread that he might get a trophy or 2, maybe even a title, but it would be shite and be nightmare when he left and we'd be worse off. It was inevitable. Turns out I gave him too much credit, somehow The minimum I expected was to be physically competitive and organised and he's even failed at that.
Yep. We haven't even got a good @#%&!.

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:03 PM
Cream

Quote:

And yet you, even you, know that the problems run much deeper than that.

The players aren't capable - no matter who bought them.

The owners want out. The CEO is clueless.

Our Hotel dwelling, moody, immature, chaotic minded manager wouldn't make my top 3 'to do' list.

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
And yet you, even you, know that the problems run much deeper than that.

The players aren't capable - no matter who bought them.

The owners want out. The CEO is clueless.

Our Hotel dwelling, moody, immature, chaotic minded manager wouldn't make my top 3 'to do' list.
A top manager could deal with the other issues. As pointed out earlier, Fergie dealt with Edwards for most of his tenure, miserly and stuck in his ways. Klopp's dealing with the same muppets that Rodgers said were hindering him.

Get shut of Mourinho, everything improves, he's the grey cloud over the club..

He's the number 1 priority.

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:15 PM
waynes ear's

imagine getting depressed over football

you £#%&!ing quilts

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Cream

Quote:
A top manager could deal with the other issues. As pointed out earlier, Fergie dealt with Edwards for most of his tenure, miserly and stuck in his ways. Klopp's dealing with the same muppets that Rodgers said were hindering him.

Get shut of Mourinho, everything improves, he's the grey cloud over the club..

He's the number 1 priority.
And yet he's had more success than the great LVG. Who also got £#%&!ed around royally.

I'd have taken Carrick at the start of the season. The team needs a tonic, even if it means allowing Pogba to de facto manage the side. At least there'd be a clear leader in the dressing room.

Won't sort our issues out though. New owners, new CEO or at least a DOF with some power. At least one or two genuine big characters brought into the dressing room. Proper senior figures who might well punch you for acting the @#%&!.

This could run on for years...

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:20 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
And yet he's had more success than the great LVG. Who also got £#%&!ed around royally.

I'd have taken Carrick at the start of the season. The team needs a tonic, even if it means allowing Pogba to de facto manage the side. At least there'd be a clear leader in the dressing room.

Won't sort our issues out though. New owners, new CEO or at least a DOF with some power. At least one or two genuine big characters brought into the dressing room. Proper senior figures who might well punch you for acting the @#%&!.

This could run on for years...
He won 2 trophies to LVG's 1, but given how we are now, you could make a strong case he's been worse than LVG.

We're getting to the point where we've never been worse since Fergie left.

And Mourinho is deeper into a tenure than Moyes and LVG were ever allowed

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
He won 2 trophies to LVG's 1, but given how we are now, you could make a strong case he's been worse than LVG.

We're getting to the point where we've never been worse since Fergie left.

And Mourinho is deeper into a tenure than Moyes and LVG were ever allowed
I'd much rather LvG had been shown the patience and indulgence Mourinho has had.

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:23 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
I'd much rather LvG had been shown the patience and indulgence Mourinho has had.
Same here. He was trying to do the right thing. All we had to do was back him and add quality players.

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Apparently our form now is just business as usual.

Winning the FA cup is sack worthy though.

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:26 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

you £#%&!ing quilts
Fred goes full Golden Gordon

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

you £#%&!ing quilts
Aaron Lennon rings the Samaritans and Ears picks up....

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

the ironic thing is ears is probably the most despressed person on the forum. and he probably doesn't even know it he's that emotionally repressed.

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:35 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Aaron Lennon rings the Samaritans and Ears picks up....
"#@&%!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
the ironic thing is ears is probably the most despressed person on the forum. and he probably doesn't even know it he's that emotionally repressed.
you reckon? might pm Armchair for some advice then

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Apparently our form now is just business as usual.

Winning the FA cup is sack worthy though.
Mou's 2 greatest achievements at United; shuffling Rooney out of the door with little fanfare and lowering standards to this point of acceptance. Truly remarkable work.

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

you reckon?
yes.

Masked by impotent anger.

Not trying to insult but it's a basic giveaway.

Unread 17-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Cream

Quote:
Woodward's £#%&! up.

Now he has to own it.

Unread 17-12-2018, 01:09 PM
armchair

I'm not saying me, you or anyone is literally depressed. I'm saying that if you embodied the club, manager, fans, players into one person then that person would probably be depressed.

Unread 17-12-2018, 01:12 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
yes.

Masked by impotent anger.

Not trying to insult but it's a basic giveaway.
never thought of it like that. I'll put myself on suicide watch
Closed Thread