United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:05 PM
My Name is Keith

Mood hoover alert!

The players should get booed if they suddenly find themselves being able to do football again.

Of course there’s a lot to be said for the cloak of misery Jose put on the whole thing but I’m going to struggle to forget the breathtaking shit @#%&!ery these bunch of shit @#%&!s have subjected us to.

Will be gutted if we start next season with anymore than 5 or 6 of the current 1st team still at the club.

The only reason most of these players are still here is that they’ve managed to get 3 successive managers sacked.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Jack Duckworth

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:08 PM
My Name is Keith

Ps happy Christmas

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:08 PM
Red Santos

doubt he'll be able to sort out the defence

we'll end up 10/11th in May

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:10 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
doubt he'll be able to sort out the defence

we'll end up 10/11th in May
Maybe not, but at least it'll be fun... Mourinho failed on every possible level, and made me want to tear my eyes out

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Mood hoover alert!

The players should get booed if they suddenly find themselves being able to do football again.

Of course there’s a lot to be said for the cloak of misery Jose put on the whole thing but I’m going to struggle to forget the breathtaking shit @#%&!ery these bunch of shit @#%&!s have subjected us to.

Will be gutted if we start next season with anymore than 5 or 6 of the current 1st team still at the club.

The only reason most of these players are still here is that they’ve managed to get 3 successive managers sacked.
From the various things I've read and listened to that have been voicing Mou's moans, that has been a major problem. We can't get rid of players.

7 first team squad players moved on in 2 1/2 years. Apparently Woodward just won't take a hit on fees, hence new contracts for everyone and players that have long since done their time remaining. Hopefully a Director of Football can come in and sort that bottleneck out quickly. Could shift a couple in Jan, for me, get the squad a bit more lean, it's bloated to £#%&! at present.

ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Mood hoover alert!

Most of the players haven't played under those 3 managers

The squad is a bit of a miss match of managers with very different ideas on football

As for booing players if they start playing well

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
From the various things I've read and listened to that have been voicing Mou's moans, that has been a major problem. We can't get rid of players.

7 first team squad players moved on in 2 1/2 years. Apparently Woodward just won't take a hit on fees, hence new contracts for everyone and players that have long since done their time remaining. Hopefully a Director of Football can come in and sort that bottleneck out quickly. Could shift a couple in Jan, for me, get the squad a bit more lean, it's bloated to £#%&! at present.
Yep

It’s cheaper to give Smalling a new contract rather than spend £50 on a replacement etc

Hopefully the likes of Valencia, Darmian, Rojo £#%&! off in January. Re call Fosu and Tuanzabe as cover (if we can).

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:15 PM
Red Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Maybe not, but at least it'll be fun... Mourinho failed on every possible level, and made me want to tear my eyes out
It's never fun watching United lose football matches regardless who the manager

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:15 PM
Denis Irwell

Proper football men in charge. Could do with it upstairs and we’re golden.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep

It’s cheaper to give Smalling a new contract rather than spend £50 on a replacement etc

Hopefully the likes of Valencia, Darmian, Rojo £#%&! off in January. Re call Fosu and Tuanzabe as cover (if we can).
Valencia new deal last summer, Rojo new deal in April or whenever it was, Darmian not sold to Juve because they only wanted to pay £14m or some shit.

United have just not been aggressive enough in the market, they haven't been ruthless with sales and they haven't bought quickly or often enough imo despite spending far too much. It's a massive, massive issue.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:17 PM
Red Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep

interim managers arent there to make big changes though?

they are there to 'steady the ship' and 'make what do' with current roster for now...

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:18 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Yep

Rojo
Jones
Smalling
Valencia
Matic
Young
Lukaku
Lingard

Should all be elsewhere next season

Ziggy - don’t be simple- I don’t expect them to be booed- merely reminding everyone that the players play for mufc and that doesn’t change regardless of the manager

Edit £#%&!ing forgot darmian- the shit @#%&!s shit @#%&!

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Most of the players haven't played under those 3 managers

The squad is a bit of a miss match of managers with very different ideas on football

As for booing players if they start playing well
Which is why a director of football is so important for us moving forward.

6 or 7 have played under all three with another half a dozen playing under Van Gaal and Mourinho. The players have to take their share of the blame with what’s happened over the last 6 years.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:20 PM
doudou

Quote:
It's never fun watching United lose football matches regardless who the manager
No, of course not. But hopefully now we'll at least try to play good football, that was the point i was trying to make

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:21 PM
AK14

Quote:

they are there to 'steady the ship' and 'make what do' with current roster for now...
£#%&! that!

We all know who the shit @#%&!s are. If there’s a even the slightest chance we can ship one or two of them out in January then do it.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yep

Rojo
Jones
Smalling
Valencia
Matic
Young
Lukaku
Lingard

Should all be elsewhere next season

Ziggy - don’t be simple- I don’t expect them to be booed- merely reminding everyone that the players play for mufc and that doesn’t change regardless of the manager

Edit £#%&!ing forgot darmian- the shit @#%&!s shit @#%&!
Can't see Lingard, Lukaku, Smalling or Matic moving short term tbh.

Although, Lukaku and Matic pinned their colours to the Mou mast, so the next few months might see them decide to leave..

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Valencia new deal last summer, Rojo new deal in April or whenever it was, Darmian not sold to Juve because they only wanted to pay £14m or some shit.

United have just not been aggressive enough in the market, they haven't been ruthless with sales and they haven't bought quickly or often enough imo despite spending far too much. It's a massive, massive issue.
Totally agree mate.

Finger crossed they actually move forward with the restructuring.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:24 PM
MagnificentSeven

Thumbs up

£#%&! it. why not ole? got nothing to lose at this stage of the season.

not expecting miracles but hopefully he can restore some pride in the club. and shape up some of the more difficult personalities in the squad.

if he turns out to do really well, gets us playing good football and wins us the fa cup then keep him on.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:24 PM
Buck

Quote:

Yeah but I think it's fair to say he's going to have a free hand with the players. He's got no relationship with them or anything to suggest favoritism. So in other words he's going to identify what players are not up to it for Manchester United (probably has an idea already). Unlike Mourinho who was more interested in picking players who sucked up to him.

And those players who aren't good enough will be phased out. I doubt they will leave in January but they should expect minimal game time and count their days.

I expect him to end his tenure with a settled team week after week which the new manager can build on, while the deadwood can finally be shifted.
Closed Thread