United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2018, 10:56 AM
TheFatGoth

Football The inside story of how Jose's United tenure unravelled

http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/club/ma...-at-man-united

Quote:
When a member of his backroom unknowingly agreed to a blind date with a media personality, the meeting was swiftly moved from Manchester city centre to a rural Cheshire pub out of fear they would be spotted and Mourinho would find out. When the United employee sat down, his conversation starter was: "I could be sacked for being here."

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:11 AM
Buck

Paranoia runs through his veins.

Someone should remind him he's just a football manager. Lighten up ffs...

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:26 AM
S/Side.Red

Most of that is pretty inconsequential stuff tbh. Expect better snide leaks from those at the club before the weekend please.

Unread 19-12-2018, 04:14 PM
Buck

My word

Unread 19-12-2018, 04:28 PM
utd99

Probably right in fairness.

Unread 19-12-2018, 04:30 PM
goldfinger II

I'd say he saw him as a threat to his job.

Unread 19-12-2018, 04:34 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
I'd say he saw him as a threat to his job.
Daughter maybe.

Unread 19-12-2018, 05:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Probably right in fairness.
Yeah, if that's the "worst" anybody can come up with it suggests JM's real failings were elsewhere.

Unread 19-12-2018, 05:19 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, if that's the "worst" anybody can come up with it suggests JM's real failings were elsewhere.
Honestly that bit about the scouting set up identifying targets and him just bringing up different names says everything. I fully believe he never communicated properly, Woodward is also no doubt guilty of this. Just a total disaster and the infrastructure has no doubt suffered even more as a result of their shortcomings. Really hope ole, phelan and co being brought back in means that Woodward is acknowledging he's out of his depth on footballing matters.

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:00 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Telling a news conference that Shaw had used "his body with my brain" after a positive performance in his first game in four months caused particular bewilderment within an unhappy dressing room.
what a #@&%!.

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Tiberian

Fairly tame, but we don't need a smoking gun revelation about his time at Utd, the atrocity of his football tells all. The claim that all 11 signings in his time were his choices stands out to me, so many excuses and conspiracy theories around the transfers were about players being forced on him.

No doubt Castles will have a leak soon from Mourinho further disparaging the club more than his performance did.

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
what a #@&%!.
We've done the "Shaw is thick" meme on here often enough tbf.

Unread 20-12-2018, 06:29 AM
Child of Darkness

Interesting article .

Clear he'd lost the dressing room in the summer and had become deeply unprofessional towards playing staff .

He sounds mental tbh .

Unread 20-12-2018, 10:35 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Fairly tame, but we don't need a smoking gun revelation about his time at Utd, the atrocity of his football tells all. The claim that all 11 signings in his time were his choices stands out to me, so many excuses and conspiracy theories around the transfers were about players being forced on him.

No doubt Castles will have a leak soon from Mourinho further disparaging the club more than his performance did.
He's a #@&%!.

Unread 20-12-2018, 10:44 AM
Sandman

The inside story is. We hired a coach renowned for playing shit, cowardly, defensive football that lead him to boring his way to success. Once at United, he continued to play shit, cowardly, defensive football, that lead us nowhere. The end.

Unread 21-12-2018, 01:09 AM
utd99

Quote:

I don’t think people can be blamed for hoping he would have been chastened by his Chelsea experience and maybe found some humility; you have to remember back to how desperate we were after Moyes and van Gaal. But it didn’t happen; if anything he’s worse now than he’s ever been. I actually think he’s got some sort of disorder - borderline personality, something like that. Hands up, I wanted him, but it was clearly a mistake.

Unread 21-12-2018, 01:46 AM
jem

Quote:
the atrocity of his football tells all.
er.... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
He sounds mental tbh.
er.... yeah.

maybe someone should have read the scorpion and the frog to ed and the glazers.

Unread 21-12-2018, 02:23 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
maybe someone should have read the scorpion and the frog to ed and the glazers.
When you’re right, you’re right.

Unread 21-12-2018, 10:29 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
The inside story is. We hired a coach renowned for playing shit, cowardly, defensive football that lead him to boring his way to success. Once at United, he continued to play shit, cowardly, defensive football, that lead us nowhere. The end.

I can understand people who knew what Mou was but thought he could win here. That makes sense. People who thought that in his 50s he would just become a completely different manager is harder to understand. Fans are entitled to be a little deluded, but people convinced themselves he would embrace academy production and play great football. Bizarre.

Unread 21-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Sparky***

I don't there can be many 'exclusives' or surprises at this stage given that we were pretty much treated to the entire club airing it's dirty laundry via the press for a whole year and a half.
Closed Thread