Mark Corrigan

Default Re: Top city financiers discuss United bid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
typical postman, always late

Unread 01-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Sullingtons

knowing our luck it will probably be headed up by Fred Godwin and Dick Fuld, with Bernie Madoff and the canoe man.

Unread 01-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
knowing our luck it will probably be headed up by Fred Godwin and Dick Fuld, with Bernie Madoff and the canoe man.
joe mcintyre?

Unread 01-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Why does it link peter sutcliffe when i put it on my facebook?

'With hatchets and hammers'
Hmmm. He completes his minimum term of 30 years tomorrow and is going to court seeking his immediate release. A Red Knight perhaps?

Unread 01-03-2010, 09:45 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Hmmm. He completes his minimum term of 30 years tomorrow and is going to court in an effort to be released. A Red Knight perhaps?
mmm it's all making sense now

Unread 01-03-2010, 09:45 PM
BulgarianSpectator

Problem is the bond (£505M) is set out to pay the holders 9% interest every year for 5 years, so £730M is needed to pay it off (unless they can negotiate an early pay-off).

The PIK notes are running at least £230M now, so there's £960M just pay off debt and due interest. Just for the Glazers to walk away with nothing (not likely that, is it?) A 10% profit is going to set the bill to £1,050m. Oh, and banks will want a fee for sorting the finance... another £50m isn't unrealistic.

Total cost £1.1B. Interest on that is going to be 8% at best - £90M-£100M a year - far more than is currently being paid.

Unless one of the Red Knights is Bill Gates, there's no way a profit can be turned in to new owners by borrowing money to buy out the current regime. Is it a shock that the Glazers have said "not fo sale"... if it were, they'd have cashed in already.

Maybe "the cash the company has to hand" (Gill claims £130m) could pay the first year of interest. Then Rooney. Then the rest of the squad. Then the ground.

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
Glazer statement already: "Manchester United is "not for sale"

The @#%&!s.

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:17 PM
magic_cantona

Couldn't the Red Knights just hire a Dark Knight to assassinate the @#%&!s?

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Couldn't the Red Knights just hire a Dark Knight to assassinate the @#%&!s?
Sounds like a job for you magic....

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sounds like a job for you magic....

lolz bantham city

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Withers

Of course we're not for sale, they are just about to take £70 million out to pay off there own debt and they can carry on taking more each year if they want.

Why would they sell?

We're years away from being up for sale unless something drastically changes.

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:25 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Of course we're not for sale, they are just about to take £70 million out to pay off there own debt and they can carry on taking more each year if they want.

Why would they sell?

We're years away from being up for sale unless something drastically changes.
Like not renewing?
Imagine if we hadn't won anything in the last 3 years, we would be even more £#%&!ed.

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Like not renewing?
Imagine if we hadn't won anything in the last 3 years, we would be even more £#%&!ed.
I'm not sure you could get enough to not renew to change their minds. I'm not sure what would work really at the moment.

I just think since the new bond has made it possible for them to now start taking money out of United for their own benefit then why would they sell?

If I was them I would keep it for as long as I could get money out of it and sell it as soon as I thought it was going to cost me money to keep it.

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:35 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I'm not sure you could get enough to not renew to change their minds. I'm not sure what would work really at the moment.

I just think since the new bond has made it possible for them to now start taking money out of United for their own benefit then why would they sell?

If I was them I would keep it for as long as I could get money out of it and sell it as soon as I thought it was going to cost me money to keep it.
Not renewing would hurt them, but according to Andersred, it needs to be 10,000 minimum.
Not a £#%&!ing hope in hell of that happening.

What pisses me off is the cretins wearing a G&G scarf queing up for pies and pints in the ground, what's the £#%&!ing point?

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:46 PM
sai

its the hope that kills you

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Alan

They're obviously going to ask people to boycott, something along the lines of getting people who already have tickets to promise not to renew if the gimps are there, by signing up to something that will guarantee them a ticket under new ownership.

Unfortunately it would appear that there are too many braindead mongs in posession of STs for this to work, at least if some of the stories I've read about yesterday are anything to go by

Unread 01-03-2010, 11:16 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
They're obviously going to ask people to boycott, something along the lines of getting people who already have tickets to promise not to renew if the gimps are there, by signing up to something that will guarantee them a ticket under new ownership.

Unfortunately it would appear that there are too many braindead mongs in posession of STs for this to work, at least if some of the stories I've read about yesterday are anything to go by

Those kinda fans would/will only when the team stops winning.
Closed Thread