United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Lok

Default Qatar 2022 FIFA £#%&!-up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23351824

How the hell are FIFA not being called up on this?

Surely someone on the voting panel bothered to check the temperatures during summer in Qatar.

It's clear why the World Cup is going to Qatar yet the media never say anything about it. Now it looks like we're going to have a winter tournament.

The other candidates should kick off massively because this is utter %@#$&!s.

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Crumps

Can see some nations breaking away from FIFA if they don't sort this shit out. £#%&!ing morons.

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:04 PM
HERTS_RED

The premier league have it right, it would £#%&! up at least three-seasons

Notwithstanding the heat I can't wait to see how the locals react to loads of boozed up europeans bowling about and hot chicks wearing next to nothing

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:04 PM
JakeB

There isn't a single saving grace for this world cup And I'm slightly bias about the region.

Utterly mental place to stage it, they can go on about air conditioned pitches as much as they want, but from a fans perspective I don't think you could have it in a worse place....the heat is literally unbearable, the fan culture will be completely muted if not non existant..I'm guessing they're going to have zones around the stadiums where you can drink..but there will be £#%&! all for fans to do away from the stadiums.

Plus Qatar is shit.

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:10 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Plus Qatar is shit.
Worst place to live/work in the region apparently?

I know a girl who gave up a highly paid job with Qatar gas as she couldn't stand the place/people

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:12 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
Worst place to live/work in the region apparently?

I know a girl who gave up a highly paid job with Qatar gas as she couldn't stand the place/people
Yeah, Saudi and Qatar are both shite places to live (sorry if anyone on here does). I know a number of people who have lived, and still have to go over there for work, all hate it. Bahrain is prefered even

Also, Dubai>>>>>>Abu Dhabi

Sorry Bellers

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Sparky***

Yeah but a few fifa delegates got new houses out of it so that's what matters.

A winter world cup ffs. What an absolute £#%&!ing joke. It would be almost understandable if it were somewhere decent, but like Jake says - £#%&!ing Qatar ffs. I can see a whole series of 'banged up abroad' being based entirely on this world cup.

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:14 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah but a few fifa delegates got new houses out of it so that's what matters.

A winter world cup ffs. What an absolute £#%&!ing joke. It would be almost understandable if it were somewhere decent, but like Jake says - £#%&!ing Qatar ffs. I can see a whole series of 'banged up abroad' being based entirely on this world cup.
I love Dubai, but even I wouldn't suggest a World Cup going there And Dubai is not even comparable to Qatar in terms of things for Westerners to do. It's also too small, if that makes sense..part of a world cup is getting to travel around.

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Nail in the coffin for an already dying tournament...

Like the fa cup and football in general...

It's lost something.

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:23 PM
The Watcher

Brazil 2014 will be the last proper World Cup. If you've ever wanted to attend the greatest football tournament, get over for that. Russia followed by £#%&!ing Qatar will kill it off.

Qatar ffs

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:23 PM
ziggyman17

without footballers there would be no football... players should refuse to play in that heat and also refuse to play if it is changed to winter.. no footballers, no world cup.. this blatter @#%&! gets away with murder... club football is much bigger than international football..

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Blagger

Blatter probably won't be alive by then. Like he gives a £#%&!.

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Pop

So every major domestic football league is going to willingly shut down for this I take it?

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
So every major domestic football league is going to willingly shut down for this I take it?
oh yes and the champions league too I'm sure all the sponsors who've paid hundreds of millions will be £#%&!ing delighted at that.

Unread 18-07-2013, 08:54 PM
HERTS_RED

The only way it will work is if the cancel the whole season and have all the cups as reserve/youth teams

The world cup lasts a month, all the managers will want to play a shit load of friendlies beforehand plus a month long training camp, £#%&!ing shambles

Unread 18-07-2013, 09:38 PM
JakeB

Tbf to Arabs themselves, they do love football and it is growing at a rapid rate over there..some of the young players coming through in the region are pretty good etc.

But there's a reason no £#%&!er goes near a football in their domestic leagues between May and mid-late September

Unread 18-07-2013, 09:45 PM
TravellingRed

Blatter was in the papers today over here because he is attacking the EU rules that the world cup and euro's have to be shown on free to air tv What a £#%&!ing absolute @#%&! of a man, complete and utter turd :shakehead:

Unread 18-07-2013, 09:49 PM
JakeB

I was at a conference earlier this year with a guy running for AFC president, Blatter, the man in charge of Qatar 2022, and Danny Jordaan..should have just whipped out the uzi shouldn't I :shakehead:

Blatter was an embarrassment btw, barely seemed to know where he £#%&!ing was, forgetting his lines. He must have a team of epic £#%&!ers around him that do everything and he's just the £#%&!er figurehead.

Unread 18-07-2013, 09:57 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
I was at a conference earlier this year with a guy running for AFC president, Blatter, the man in charge of Qatar 2022, and Danny Jordaan..should have just whipped out the uzi shouldn't I :shakehead:

Blatter was an embarrassment btw, barely seemed to know where he £#%&!ing was, forgetting his lines. He must have a team of epic £#%&!ers around him that do everything and he's just the £#%&!er figurehead.
A shower of @#%&!s running and ruining the game. I'm slowly getting less arsed about football myself, prefer to go to a few test matches instead these days, better craic and you can drink while your watching it.

Unread 18-07-2013, 09:59 PM
jem

blatter... putin.... mugabe.....

what do you expect?

it's our game, not his. unless someone stamps on his £#%&!ing head, he will keep taking bribes from sycophants.
Closed Thread