United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 08-07-2022, 09:36 PM
dunk

Exclamation Elon Musk saves $44bn

By not buying Twitter…

I wonder if he fancies a football club..

Unread 08-07-2022, 09:51 PM
armchair

They were never going to allow him own twitter. It's a state security asset.

Unread 08-07-2022, 10:41 PM
dunk

Twitter suing

Unread 08-07-2022, 10:54 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
They were never going to allow him own twitter. It's a state security asset.
Hes the one who pulled out.

Ralph Nader saged it some weeks back:

If twitter takes him to court to close the transaction he is finished.

All because of his fragile ego.

Unread 08-07-2022, 10:57 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Hes the one who pulled out.

Ralph Nader saged it some weeks back:

https://twitter.com/RalphNader/statu...82948522565633

I bet you a billion dollars he's not. He gave himself an out when they refused to give him key data re bots. Lots of takeovers fail at the due diligence stage. You can't force people to buy something when they've discovered it's a fraud.

Unread 09-07-2022, 05:33 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Unread 09-07-2022, 06:48 AM
Sapien

Will come down to the lawyers but he'll prob end up paying the break fee of $1bn, or maybe a bit less.

Unread 09-07-2022, 07:39 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
I bet you a billion dollars he's not. He gave himself an out when they refused to give him key data re bots. Lots of takeovers fail at the due diligence stage. You can't force people to buy something when they've discovered it's a fraud.
This. Any number of things can happen to stop a takeover even once agreed in principle. He might just not have liked the numbers after looking at them in detail.

That said, I don't think he ever had any intention of buying twitter, I think it was just one of his flights of fancy or an attempt to manipulate some share price or other. The man's an arse. A genius maybe, but still an arse.

Unread 09-07-2022, 11:17 AM
andyroo

Didn't think he knew how to pull out

Unread 09-07-2022, 11:30 AM
armchair

Unread 09-07-2022, 11:47 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
This. Any number of things can happen to stop a takeover even once agreed in principle. He might just not have liked the numbers after looking at them in detail.

That said, I don't think he ever had any intention of buying twitter, I think it was just one of his flights of fancy or an attempt to manipulate some share price or other. The man's an arse. A genius maybe, but still an arse.
Only thing wrong in that post is saying he might be a genius. He isn’t.

Unread 09-07-2022, 12:04 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Only thing wrong in that post is saying he might be a genius. He isn’t.
He's at least a genius at manipulation and self-promotion.

Unread 09-07-2022, 12:25 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
He's at least a genius at manipulation and self-promotion.
Yeah this. I wasn't suggesting he was responsible for any of the tech his companies produce, but he knows how to get stuff done, all he it not in a way where you would want to be one of those doing the doing.

Unread 09-07-2022, 01:10 PM
Neo

The main reason he's trying to pull out is the Twitter share price has tanked by nearly 50% over the last 12 months as part of the huge selloff of technology equities, and he now wants to buy at a much cheaper price.

This will get very messy in the courts, as Twitter will have a strong case that an agreement was made, and he needs to pay at the agreed price.

The lawyers on both sides will be rubbing their hands, greedy c***s.

Unread 11-07-2022, 09:20 AM
armchair

Unread 11-07-2022, 09:28 AM
tatty

Quote:

He makes me laugh.

Unread 11-07-2022, 09:35 AM
windy waffles

The man is a genius.

What he has done with SpaceX despite their initial failings is nothing short of fantastic.

Love him.

Unread 11-07-2022, 09:39 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
The man is a genius.

What he has done with SpaceX despite their initial failings is nothing short of fantastic.

Love him.
Jammy will be along any minute to tell you he’s not a genius. Apparently we have to see everyone who might disagree with us on certain things as stupid at all times.

It would be amazing if it transpired that all these pseudo-political commentators and “social media personalities” were having their views propped up and promoted by bots.

Unread 11-07-2022, 09:43 AM
armchair

Unread 11-07-2022, 09:51 AM
Patty_b

Turns out freedom of speech does have a price, even for the wealthiest man in the world