United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics
Reply
 
Unread 08-07-2022, 09:36 PM
dunk
 
Exclamation Elon Musk saves $44bn

By not buying Twitter…


I wonder if he fancies a football club..
 
Unread 08-07-2022, 09:51 PM
armchair
 
Default

They were never going to allow him own twitter. It's a state security asset.
 
Unread 08-07-2022, 10:41 PM
dunk
 
Default

Twitter suing

 
Unread 08-07-2022, 10:54 PM
saffers
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
They were never going to allow him own twitter. It's a state security asset.
Hes the one who pulled out.

Ralph Nader saged it some weeks back:


If twitter takes him to court to close the transaction he is finished.

All because of his fragile ego.
 
Unread 08-07-2022, 10:57 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Hes the one who pulled out.

Ralph Nader saged it some weeks back:

https://twitter.com/RalphNader/statu...82948522565633

If twitter takes him to court to close the transaction he is finished.

All because of his fragile ego.
I bet you a billion dollars he's not. He gave himself an out when they refused to give him key data re bots. Lots of takeovers fail at the due diligence stage. You can't force people to buy something when they've discovered it's a fraud.
 
Unread 09-07-2022, 05:33 AM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

If twitter takes him to court to close the transaction he is finished.

All because of his fragile ego.
 
Unread 09-07-2022, 06:48 AM
Sapien
 
Default

Will come down to the lawyers but he'll prob end up paying the break fee of $1bn, or maybe a bit less.
 
Unread 09-07-2022, 07:39 AM
red red robbo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I bet you a billion dollars he's not. He gave himself an out when they refused to give him key data re bots. Lots of takeovers fail at the due diligence stage. You can't force people to buy something when they've discovered it's a fraud.
This. Any number of things can happen to stop a takeover even once agreed in principle. He might just not have liked the numbers after looking at them in detail.

That said, I don't think he ever had any intention of buying twitter, I think it was just one of his flights of fancy or an attempt to manipulate some share price or other. The man's an arse. A genius maybe, but still an arse.
 
Unread 09-07-2022, 11:17 AM
andyroo
 
Default

Didn't think he knew how to pull out
 
Unread 09-07-2022, 11:30 AM
armchair
 
Default

 
Unread 09-07-2022, 11:47 AM
Alex Jones was Right
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
This. Any number of things can happen to stop a takeover even once agreed in principle. He might just not have liked the numbers after looking at them in detail.

That said, I don't think he ever had any intention of buying twitter, I think it was just one of his flights of fancy or an attempt to manipulate some share price or other. The man's an arse. A genius maybe, but still an arse.
Only thing wrong in that post is saying he might be a genius. He isn’t.
 
Unread 09-07-2022, 12:04 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Only thing wrong in that post is saying he might be a genius. He isn’t.
He's at least a genius at manipulation and self-promotion.
 
Unread 09-07-2022, 12:25 PM
red red robbo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's at least a genius at manipulation and self-promotion.
Yeah this. I wasn't suggesting he was responsible for any of the tech his companies produce, but he knows how to get stuff done, all he it not in a way where you would want to be one of those doing the doing.
 
Unread 09-07-2022, 01:10 PM
Neo
 
Default

The main reason he's trying to pull out is the Twitter share price has tanked by nearly 50% over the last 12 months as part of the huge selloff of technology equities, and he now wants to buy at a much cheaper price.

This will get very messy in the courts, as Twitter will have a strong case that an agreement was made, and he needs to pay at the agreed price.

The lawyers on both sides will be rubbing their hands, greedy c***s.
 
Unread 11-07-2022, 09:20 AM
armchair
 
Default

 
Unread 11-07-2022, 09:28 AM
tatty
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

He makes me laugh.
 
Unread 11-07-2022, 09:35 AM
windy waffles
 
Default

The man is a genius.

What he has done with SpaceX despite their initial failings is nothing short of fantastic.

Love him.
 
Unread 11-07-2022, 09:39 AM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
The man is a genius.

What he has done with SpaceX despite their initial failings is nothing short of fantastic.

Love him.
Jammy will be along any minute to tell you he’s not a genius. Apparently we have to see everyone who might disagree with us on certain things as stupid at all times.

It would be amazing if it transpired that all these pseudo-political commentators and “social media personalities” were having their views propped up and promoted by bots.
 
Unread 11-07-2022, 09:43 AM
armchair
 
Default

 
Unread 11-07-2022, 09:51 AM
Patty_b
 
Default

Turns out freedom of speech does have a price, even for the wealthiest man in the world
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Elon Musk saves $44bn
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manchester United fans send Elon Musk plea to take over from Glazers fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 15-04-2022 05:00 PM
Man United fans urge Elon Musk to ditch $41bn bid to take over Twitter and buy their club instead fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 15-04-2022 12:40 PM
Big Elon Gets Off Knockers News, Current Affairs & Politics 30 08-12-2019 11:56 AM
SpaceX, Musk 2023 Bunker Buster Science & Technology 45 18-09-2018 04:06 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:49 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.