United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Greenwood did more in 5 minutes than Mata, Lingard and that preening #@&%! 'Andreas' have done all season.

The midfield is so, so bad. Pogba was a disgrace for the most part, McAverage isn't good enough, yet plays every minute, and Matic is finished.

Wan-Bissaka is solid defensively, but offers very little going forward, and the other flank is polluted by the bird-shit-slurping @#%&! Young. Just awful.

Not been mentioned yet, but Lindelof has been outjumped two games on the bounce resulting in goals for the opposition. Another shit Mourinho dud signing, potentially.

The club is a mess, but surely the anger turns towards the owners and Woodward before Ole; he's made some good signings, flushed some turds, and is blooding the youth. It's the parasites at the top that are killing this club.

Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We could easily have had 12 points from our first four games, rather than 5.

Its understandable if people are a bit frustrated tbh.
I’m a lot frustrated but I’m not wetting the bed over it.

ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Would love to know who we spent 20 mins crossing the ball at in the 2nd half
Teams cross the ball when they don’t have a clue what else to do

Again as I said above we don’t look well coached
When a player is on the ball I don’t see any structure to how we are trying to attack
It’s all up to the individual and our individuals are not good enough or mentally strong for that responsibility

My Name is Heath

Transition.

Sorry but for the first time I’m worried for Rashford.

A Vardy would have converted one chance at least.

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Decent performance imo. For 20 minutes in the second half our fitness looked to be dropping alarmingly but the red card brought new life into it. Should have won it but seeing speed and natural width will win us a lot of games once Ole gets some players back. The door is open for Fred to walk into this midfield. Anyone but Matic.
Red card was the worst thing that could have happened.

Utterly exposed our impotence

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Can’t find the positivity thread but Daniel James is the shiznit. £#%&! everybody else.
AWB played great too. Imagine having our normal shit RB. Southampton would have ran ragged.

Ole will be fired around december as woodward hides behind him.

Nothing will change till woodward and the glazers £#%&! off

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Tiberian

Midfield continues to be the great issue with this team but Lindelöf being so soft isn't helping. Matic had to come on to sit in front of him because he is so physically mediocre for a CB. Can't blame Smalling for him anymore.

Ole has clearly made a choice with his rendering of the squad to take the hits that will come but commit to try and build a style of play less reliant on functional types like Lukaku, Fellaini and co. There will be days when we could have used them but Ole is all in on a proper rebuild, makes it necessary to rethink expectations for the season.

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Jethro

Lost count over the past few games at the amount of times no one has attacked a great cross. That is a huge flaw with whoever is leading the line.

Rashford needs to stop attempting to head.

I'll worry at Christmas.

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Whalefish

My expectation is a 5th or 6th finish at the very best, that's it. I'm not even looking at the likes of Liverpool or City.

However such a finish will (IMO) see Ole sacked, but at least the Glazer's will finally start to feel the pinch with the hit on their Adidas deal. Not a £#%&!ing chance the squad as it is can consistently put together a League run to hit 3rd or 4th. Reap what you sow though, they dragged their heels over deals and (reportedly) didn't deliver the midfield and forward signings Ole wanted.

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Midfield continues to be the great issue with this team but Lindelöf being so soft isn't helping. Matic had to come on to sit in front of him because he is so physically mediocre for a CB. Can't blame Smalling for him anymore.

Ole has clearly made a choice with his rendering of the squad to take the hits that will come but commit to try and build a style of play less reliant on functional types like Lukaku, Fellaini and co. There will be days when we could have used them but Ole is all in on a proper rebuild, makes it necessary to rethink expectations for the season.
Agreed. We all know shifting Lukaku was the right thing long term so no use a week later complaining that he may have scored today. I’m happy with the rebuild but definitely have reservations about Ole’s ability to get a team to play.

Even if he comes up short on that, at least there’s general progress with readdressing the squad.

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:41 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Lost count over the past few games at the amount of times no one has attacked a great cross. That is a huge flaw with whoever is leading the line.

Rashford needs to stop attempting to head.

I'll worry at Christmas.
I'm worried now.

A proper Centre Forward would have had a field day with some of the balls James put in. Rashford was all over the place today. A mess

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:42 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
When a player is on the ball I don’t see any structure to how we are trying to attack
It’s all up to the individual and our individuals are not good enough or mentally strong for that responsibility
since fergie's last two years.

it is down to individuals trying to do too much when they are on the ball and not thinking enough when they're off it.

NegativeNorris

All competitions since playing Arsenal in March, won 3, drawn 4, lost 9, scored 15 and conceded 26.
We all know it'll get worse before it gets better too. Somehow, miraculously, we have a weaker team this season than we had last season. I know Ole should take some of the blame, as he isn't a top manager, but the majority of the blame lies at the feet of those greedy useless @#%&!s that run the club.
I don't generally wish death on anybody, but I would pay to see the Glazers and Woodward slowly fed in to a wood chipper. That would be great to see.

Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Can only imagine that Lingard is as stupid as he looks. Taking pot shots in the final 10 minutes with good options around him. Lacks any intelligence whatsoever.
Oh, he knew exactly what he was doing, have no doubt about that.

He's got a marketing team that will have spent the last few weeks breathing down his neck about the growing toxicity of his brand.

The stats about his assists and goals have been splashed all over social media, comments on his Instagram have been locked, and even the staged charity branded clobber giveaways at pub league clubs haven't dampened the abuse.

They will have old him that he needs goals to save the brand. Hence why when he gets on the pitch he's taking pot shots from 35 yards despite having teammates in acres of space. He's a goblin @#%&! who has always used the club to enrich himself and his crew. That performance today was nothing but unsurprising.

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
My expectation is a 5th or 6th finish at the very best, that's it. I'm not even looking at the likes of Liverpool or City.

However such a finish will (IMO) see Ole sacked, but at least the Glazer's will finally start to feel the pinch with the hit on their Adidas deal. Not a £#%&!ing chance the squad as it is can consistently put together a League run to hit 3rd or 4th. Reap what you sow though, they dragged their heels over deals and (reportedly) didn't deliver the midfield and forward signings Ole wanted.
If we do get another top 6 finish, I don't think that would be well received at all.

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:43 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Transition.

Sorry but for the first time I’m worried for Rashford.

A Vardy would have converted one chance at least.
I said at the start of the season - big one for him and Martial. No excuses. They are going to get games. They are going to be in their preferred positions. They have to be productive.

What a team though. Substituting Perrera for Lingard. Mata for Matic. Shocking mess.

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:44 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Red card was the worst thing that could have happened.

Utterly exposed our impotence
I think Southampton had the momentum up to then so it stopped them thinking they could win it. I think we had enough moments - a couple of those James deliveries fired across needed someone to just gamble.

James firing balls low and into that space between keeper and defender is 100x more dangerous than Young floating it for the big man on the back post.

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:45 PM
marlo

Doesn’t football respect that ole “gets united” and rashford was born in manchester?? No respect

The truth is our manager is way out of his depth and a joke in reality.
A manger who cut his teeth in management in £#%&!ing Norway.

Our top striker barely gets double figures in terms of goals and would be coming off the bench at Bournemouth if he wasn’t born in manchester .

the bed some of you wanted to sleep in..... get cosy lads

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:46 PM
Whalefish

We have a big man on the back post?

Unread 31-08-2019, 02:47 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Doesn’t football respect that ole “gets united” and rashford was born in manchester?? No respect

The truth is our manager is way out of his depth and a joke in reality.
A manger who cut his teeth in management in £#%&!ing Norway.

Our top striker barely gets double figures in terms of goals and would be coming off the bench at Bournemouth if he wasn’t born in manchester .

the bed some of you wanted to sleep in..... get cosy lads
You're not wrong pal.