United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-01-2013, 03:59 PM
utd99

So Suarez admits diving, Rodgers is then forced to come out and condemn it. Oh what a dilemma they have. Angling for a way out methinks.

Unread 17-01-2013, 04:06 PM
hopkins

Quote:
What a spineless cretinous club we've become.
which undercover fredster dropped that torpedo of truth

Unread 17-01-2013, 04:23 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Uh-oh

Brendan Rodgers: "Diving is not something we advocate. Our ethics are correct".

Luis Suárez: “I like being an important player here, but I don't like it if a team depends on one player. It has to be everything as a team.

- Suarez you fool.

- Get to £#%&! Rodgers

- This is exactly how it begins. Congrats English press and Alex Ferguson. Well played.

- At this point Brendan, and after all of the shite Luis has had to put up with this last year, if those quotes are actually genuine and from you, this is the point that you are dead to me.

- If I were luis I'd go. We don't deserve him. What a spineless cretinous club we've become.

- I would rather Suarez was here than Rodgers. The amount of respect and trust Rodgers gets is absolutely laughable for someone that has done NOTHING with his career. What a gobshite.

And finally....

- I think we need Kenny back just to teach people how to deal with the £#%&!ing press
not sure it has been said yet in this version of the thread but they really are £#%&!ing mental

Unread 17-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Uh-oh

Brendan Rodgers: "Diving is not something we advocate. Our ethics are correct".

Luis Suárez: “I like being an important player here, but I don't like it if a team depends on one player. It has to be everything as a team.

- Suarez you fool.

- Get to £#%&! Rodgers

- This is exactly how it begins. Congrats English press and Alex Ferguson. Well played.

- At this point Brendan, and after all of the shite Luis has had to put up with this last year, if those quotes are actually genuine and from you, this is the point that you are dead to me.

- If I were luis I'd go. We don't deserve him. What a spineless cretinous club we've become.

- I would rather Suarez was here than Rodgers. The amount of respect and trust Rodgers gets is absolutely laughable for someone that has done NOTHING with his career. What a gobshite.

And finally....

- I think we need Kenny back just to teach people how to deal with the £#%&!ing press

Unread 17-01-2013, 04:28 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

And finally....

The archangel.

Unread 17-01-2013, 04:28 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Full on victim mode.

Quote:
Quote:
The Football Association is also investigating Suarez's comments and could charge him with misconduct."
Like they did with Phil Neville....
Have none of them got their heads round that if a player gets punished by the ref on the pitch they cannot be punished again by the FA. Unless they are Roy Keane or Ben Thatcher who both played for manchester clubs at the time.

Unread 17-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Cool

How do you know Rogers didn't say to him 'Luis, what did you £#%&!ing say that for?!' laugh, then grab him in a headlock and ruffle his hair?

Before having a blokey-bloke bit of wrestling followed by a docking session

Unread 17-01-2013, 06:50 PM
utd99

Rodgers' idea of intellect is to spout indecipherable nonsense regarding tactics, formations and progression, when it really should be to examine what the unconditional backing of Suarez did for his predesessor.

These people never learn do they?

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:26 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Rodgers' idea of intellect is to spout indecipherable nonsense regarding tactics, formations and progression, when it really should be to examine what the unconditional backing of Suarez did for his predesessor.

These people never learn do they?
They don't know who to blame for this one do they?

Is it Brenda's fault? The press? Mr Ferguson? FSG?

Not Suarez obviously though.

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:29 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I've just been to mass there .I've prayed for Luis not to leave.

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:33 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
is that stoney?

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:51 PM
MUFC One Love

The latest nuggets are fantastic.

ffs, what has Rodgers done wrong with saying that? Don't they always love the "we have good ethics" "good values" "dignity" etc? They're basically defending Suarez for diving. Then the highlight is bring back KKK to teach people how to deal with the press...yep:

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Pop

Apparently the scrounging families of the squished angels are going to receive £#%&! all money due to them from HMV from the proceeds of that awful Hillsborough song.

How dreadfully sad

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:55 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
is that stoney?
An outrageous slur.

Flogging would be too good for you.

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:56 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Apparently the scrounging families of the squished angels are going to receive £#%&! all money due to them from HMV from the proceeds of that awful Hillsborough song.

How dreadfully sad

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

How dreadfully sad

Unread 17-01-2013, 09:00 PM
KenwrightsWallet

Quote:
You know, there are always different ways you can explore to build the 'most accurate' model, but doing so you loose... the simplicity of the model. As a statistician, I have been really amused by what Prof has been doing so far, because it is simple, it allows you to graphically illustrate what is going on without always refering to the way 'par value' is computed for each game etc. I hope that this topic will live long enough, over the next few seasons, to find out if the model gives a better idea of what is going on than the standard PL Table.

But I have also thought about a dozen of alternative models, using OLS, multinomial logit etc., even before Prof created his own. Maybe they were more accurate, but really less fun. Bottom line is: maybe what you are describing would be more accurate, but that would be a step towards more complexity, that is, in my humble opinion, against the very clear and simple assumptions of the model (you need 90 points to win the title, home form is way more important than away form).

Unread 17-01-2013, 09:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
I hope that this topic will live long enough, over the next few seasons, to find out if the model gives a better idea of what is going on than the standard PL Table.

Unread 17-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Same sentence jumped out at me

Unread 17-01-2013, 09:13 PM
92ToBury

So they hate FSG for getting rid of a manager for supporting a racist but want the next manager out for showing some moral fibre? This shit writes itself.
Closed Thread